NASCAR considering radical changes to playoff system

That was last week :D

My intensity tends to fluctuate lol.. I've learned that like the points system itself.. I cant change the things I don't like about your opinions.. so I just try to accept them and enjoy the sport I love regardless of all this.
You must have started that like 3 minutes ago.

A winless champ is more likely now than ever before.
This officially concludes this circular argument.
Even if there is a driver that makes it to the final four with no wins.. which I doubt... there will be at least 3 with wins... unless no one wins the races before that... lol... so the chances are 1 in 4.. better odds of a champ with wins. Unless of course 25% is higher than 75%??

Even if there is a driver that makes it to the final four with no wins.. which I doubt... there will be at least 3 with wins... unless no one wins the races before that... lol... so the chances are 1 in 4.. better odds of a champ with wins. Unless of course 25% is higher than 75%??

lol Rube Goldberg logic rules!

Did anybody say that a winless driver has a better chance at winning the championship than a driver with wins? No. That's the only thing the 75/25 statistic would prove. I'm just saying the odds of a winless driver winning a championship now appear to be greater than they were in past formats. The resets after every elimination make it more likely.

Why is this that much of a concern? Dillon did it last year and the World's still turning. I hear they are even going to run NASCAR races again this year. We will survive people!

Why is this that much of a concern? Dillon did it last year and the World's still turning. I hear they are even going to run NASCAR races again this year. We will survive people!
Under this new system the 2014 Cup Champion for the first time is a Rookie, Austin Dillon. I'd freakin love it.

No heart attacks are predicted. We're just making some observations about the championship system that makes wins more important than ever.

Hey, how does the nationwide series get a winless champion and their points format not get butt raped... NOT FAIR

Hey, how does the nationwide series get a winless champion and their points format not get butt raped... NOT FAIR

There was a thread here that questioned the legitimacy of the 2013 NWS championship.

Awarding more points to winners, as I would like, was considered and discarded because it might create a runaway situation. In other words, NASCAR didn’t want the Sprint Cup title to be clinched at any point before the series finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140206/nascar01/140209880#ixzz2seTk1xFo

So, it's not really about emphasizing winning - just about making sure that the championship is guaranteed to be decided in the final race each and every year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Almost seems that Nascae doesnt really care about the NW series much. Pretty obvious where the big bucks are coming from huh ??

"And last year, when NASCAR officials practically bent over backwards to compartmentalize technical violations as distinguished from behavioral no-no’s, from now on probation is all-inclusive. Thus, if a driver or crew chief is on probation for a rules infraction, then a behavioral infraction will be considered a violation of probation, unlike in the past."

I like this.

And, yes, FOX Sports 1's ratings are as bad as StandOnIt and others claim they are. I'll put it this way, NBCSN cancelled The Crossover because of low ratings and their ratings were never as low as FOX Sports Live. Add in how much it costs for FOX Sports 1 to air three college basketball games a night every night for several months, several college football games on weekends, countless UFC bouts, UFC highlights shows, UFC reruns, football talks shows and so on. It's a disaster.

And they are killing motorsports numbers by switching to a channel that doesn't have much coverage for some racing and back in forth to the other channel. Canceling all but one racing news show and only showing it once a day. I think they need to write a book on how to screw yourself into the ground while trying to set motorsport fans and racing programming back into the dark ages of the 80's and before. I am not that concerned anymore, it is just a matter of time, the figures don't lie.

"And last year, when NASCAR officials practically bent over backwards to compartmentalize technical violations as distinguished from behavioral no-no’s, from now on probation is all-inclusive. Thus, if a driver or crew chief is on probation for a rules infraction, then a behavioral infraction will be considered a violation of probation, unlike in the past."

I like this.

Why should a behavioral issue have anything at all to do with a technical one ??? They are in no way related IMO
A driver acting like an ass (Kevin Harvick) and an illegal car just arent related

I like this.
I believe that's called the Penske Rule. :)

And they are killing motorsports numbers by switching to a channel that doesn't have much coverage for some racing and back in forth to the other channel. Canceling all but one racing news show and only showing it once a day. I think they need to write a book on how to screw yourself into the ground while trying to set motorsport fans and racing programming back into the dark ages of the 80's and before. I am not that concerned anymore, it is just a matter of time, the figures don't lie.

better quit bitchin an sign up !
all speedweek races on fs1.....arca..truck...sprint...duals.....etc
cept nw/espn.....cup/fox.

sign up for what? We were talking about ratings..or lack of them. Racing is the only thing on that crap of a station that is pulling any numbers and those goofs are screwing that up too.

Last edited:
sign up for what? We were talking about ratings..or lack of them. Racing is the only thing on that crap of a station that is pulling any numbers and those goofs are screwing that up too.

thing is....it's their $$$ at risk....not mine ....or yours.
all i care bout is......keep providin race coverage.

seems they'll do that......even smyrna/volusia races. ?

if i can't be present durin entire speed weeks.... happy that fs1 / fs2 / fox....will be ! espn too .

they are in build mode....just like nbcsn.

live w/ it......or tune out.

that is exactly what you need to do because you don't get what we were talking about. read what was being said or tune it out. Here ya go a quick read for ya ha! "And, yes, FOX Sports 1's ratings are as bad as @StandOnIt and others claim they are". And ya heard it here first, I believe the ratings this year won't be that great because of all the "footballing"(pardon the pun) of the racing from channel to channel and the lack of publicity.

Man I feel bad for the new members that try to get into this topic. Cant even tell what it is about anymore.

that is exactly what you need to do because you don't get what we were talking about. read what was being said or tune it out. Here ya go a quick read for ya ha! "And, yes, FOX Sports 1's ratings are as bad as @StandOnIt and others claim they are". And ya heard it here first, I believe the ratings this year won't be that great because of all the "footballing"(pardon the pun) of the racing from channel to channel and the lack of publicity.

qualified my statement.....fs1 is in build mode !
all this amateur diagnosis is crazy talk........cause nobody knows biz model fs1 is on.
long term strategy.......not today's forum jerkof reaction.

regardless ...after this yr. .......fox / nbc .....are gonna be our content providers ! period !
accept it....get behind it...or find another sport ta follow.

contract obligations are set.... ain't gonna change !

by next weekend.....when racin returns..........
.........maybe all a' us ole pent-up winter race fans can relax....
......just enjoy tha racin !
hope so !

Back
Top Bottom