NASCAR Death Bed

No young fans are arguing that everything’s great.
It’s a portion of the older crowd that are having trouble with reality. Some of us have been here all along and can openly recognize the changes in the popularity of the sport.
Y’all that are watching, keep on going. Brian is counting on you.
Ratings and attendance are continuing to decline.
I’ll be here to critique the sport.
I look forward to next year.

No young fans are arguing that everything’s great.
It’s a portion of the older crowd that are having trouble with reality. Some of us have been here all along and can openly recognize the changes in the popularity of the sport.
Y’all that are watching, keep on going. Brian is counting on you.
Ratings and attendance are continuing to decline.
I’ll be here to critique the sport.
I look forward to next year.

really don't know how long your going to broken record it. It is well known ratings are down everywhere
A quarter of the NFL season is now in the rearview mirror and the league is on pace for its worst ratings in more than a decade.

How about backing of the snarky posts. Please quit bickering over something that you can never agree on.

Please STOP it.
But...... But..... But....... The season is almost over....... there's going to be nothing else to discuss or fight about.......... No one can ever agree on most subjects....... and I am so glad of that...... can you imagine how boring the world would be if we were all Derrick Cope fans???????????? :eek:

IMO the RF tent is plenty big enough for everyone and that includes the people that cast illegal steams to their TV's or decide not to watch at all. I figure this is the deathbed thread so things detrimental to Nascar and general negativity should be expected so if a person isn't in to that kind of thing then they should go to a thread they can relate too.

My primary interest in Nascar is not the racing end of things and while some may find that peculiar I find it peculiar that someone would watch the race on TV with a laptop perched on their knee so they could watch the leader board. It seems completely daft to me but if it makes someone happy doing it more power to him.

Just checked on tickets to the Ford EcoBoost 400. You can still purchase them and we are 6 hours until the race starts.

Seat-counting 6 hours before the race ...

63d87fa3abe3d1cf6f3eec84358bd9141562b33300be0af0853293e77b55a6ba.jpg

NASCAR is definitely in a transition phase but I think it's bottomed out and will only go up.

A lot of great young drivers coming into the sport. Been a Kurt Busch fan my whole adult life never seen other drivers come up I wanted to root for but now have two with Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney. Driver salaries are going to correct themselves as will sponsorship. The thing NASCAR needs to do is quit making rules changes - stage racing is exciting leave it as is for at least five years. Changing the rules every year makes it seem like the sport is a gimmick instead of legit competition.

People complain about the quality of racing but I think it's good, granted the mile and a half tracks can be boring as hell but Phoenix, Martinsville, Bristol are always good.

I still love stock car racing. The sanctioning body, not so much. NASCAR fell prey to listening to way to many consultants in suits and ties who knew ZERO about racing or NASCARs' fan base. NASCAR chased after the disco crowd. The people that will latch on to the latest fad. Those are not dependable fans. They'll be gone as soon as the next big thing comes along. And along the way NASCAR abandoned their fan base. It's almost as if they were embarrassed by the hicks and rednecks from the south. I'm one of those. They tried to substitute live bands, gimmicks, (chase, stage racing), moved the Southern 500 from Darlington to California? Just goofy stuff. I guess the straw that broke the camels back with me, they screwed up Bristol! You have a 10-12 year waiting list for night race tickets, and you screw that up? What's left to break? Geeez!! Can they not make cars that don't all look identical? An '87 Thunderbird didn't look like an '87 Monte Carlo, and the grandstands were generally full and the tv numbers were good as well. The best racing I've watched in a long time is at the local level. Nashville Fairgrounds is about an hour drive for me. They put on a fantastic show, Just good racing. NASCAR should tune in.

I still love stock car racing. The sanctioning body, not so much. NASCAR fell prey to listening to way to many consultants in suits and ties who knew ZERO about racing or NASCARs' fan base. NASCAR chased after the disco crowd. The people that will latch on to the latest fad. Those are not dependable fans. They'll be gone as soon as the next big thing comes along. And along the way NASCAR abandoned their fan base. It's almost as if they were embarrassed by the hicks and rednecks from the south. I'm one of those. They tried to substitute live bands, gimmicks, (chase, stage racing), moved the Southern 500 from Darlington to California? Just goofy stuff. I guess the straw that broke the camels back with me, they screwed up Bristol! You have a 10-12 year waiting list for night race tickets, and you screw that up? What's left to break? Geeez!! Can they not make cars that don't all look identical? An '87 Thunderbird didn't look like an '87 Monte Carlo, and the grandstands were generally full and the tv numbers were good as well. The best racing I've watched in a long time is at the local level. Nashville Fairgrounds is about an hour drive for me. They put on a fantastic show, Just good racing. NASCAR should tune in.

IDK what crowd Nascar was chasing but I don't think it was the disco folks as they were gone by the end of the 70's

"Listen to the ground. There is movement all around. There is something goin down and I can feel it."

Hey, when are the final empty seat totals for Homestead released? Asking for a friend.
Just took a look online.

There are still a few available.

IMO the seat thing ran its course already as you have a track that used to attract 80K fans and now can't even sell out 46K seats for the season finale. It is a black eye and an embarrassment no?

IMO the seat thing ran its course already as you have a track that used to attract 80K fans and now can't even sell out 46K seats for the season finale. It is a black eye and an embarrassment no?
I believe that Brian's followers see it differently.;)

Unbelievable that the final race to determine the championship wasn't sold out weeks, if not months ago.
I do realize the hurricane may have played a part but it hit way back in the early weeks of Sept.

Unbelievable that the final race to determine the championship wasn't sold out weeks, if not months ago.
I do realize the hurricane may have played a part but it hit way back in the early weeks of Sept.
If that storm played much of a part in it I'd be very surprised.

I hear you as the Greater Miami Metro Area has over 6 million people and that makes the lack of a sell out even worse. I don't think the good people that deny these kinds of things as being any sort of problem understand that holding a championship in at a small capacity track and not selling out is really bad.
I've got a tough time bemoaning the lack of fans in the stands when my butt is sitting at home on the couch watching the race. If we aren't there, then we're part of the problem the way I see it.

The problem is Nascar does not have enough fans to fill the smallest track on the circuit to capacity for a championship race where the MPD is running for the last time and a lotto champ will be crowned. If less than half a percent of the population of Greater Miami had showed up the place would have been overflowing! Less than 1/2 of 1 percent!!

I've got a tough time bemoaning the lack of fans in the stands when my butt is sitting at home on the couch watching the race. If we aren't there, then we're part of the problem the way I see it.

The problem is that old retired people don't have the expendable income to travel to races. You know where those fans are? They're watching it in the retirement home, baby.:D

The problem is that old retired people don't have the expendable income to travel to races. You know where those fans are? They're watching it in the retirement home, baby.:D

When I first started going to Bristol I thought I was in the Himalayas as I was either going up or down. It was a piece of cake when I was younger but with nagging injuries and other issues making the trek from your vehicle to the track can be a real PITA.

Kyle Larson, Credit One Bank expand sponsorship for 2018
The bank, which is also the Official Credit Card of NASCAR, will be the team’s largest sponsor and most prevalent logo on the car for multiple races. Although exact details of the agreement weren’t disclosed, a source says it includes primary sponsorship for nearly half the season. It will begin its multi-year association with the 2018 Daytona 500.

“It’s great that Credit One Bank will be expanding their partnership with our team next season,” said Larson, a four-time 2017 race winner and playoff driver.
Credit One will also appear as an “associate sponsor” on the No. 1 Chevrolet of Larson’s teammate Jamie McMurray next season, the same car its brand debuted with in 2016.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/28/kyle-larson-credit-one-bank-primary-sponsor-for-2018/
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/28/kyle-larson-credit-one-bank-primary-sponsor-for-2018/

Chip Ganassi has spent his entire adult life racing with other people’s money.

He still has the touch. #Velveeta

Back
Top Bottom