NASCAR Death Bed

I've got a tough time bemoaning the lack of fans in the stands when my butt is sitting at home on the couch watching the race. If we aren't there, then we're part of the problem the way I see it.
If your on the couch watching on TV your still part of the fan group.
Unfortunately the TV numbers reflect the track attendance so the money is not the issue.
Some people just got tired of having Brian try to make racing another football game.

Apparently the 42 isn't fully funded or sold out.

The problem is that old retired people don't have the expendable income to travel to races. You know where those fans are? They're watching it in the retirement home, baby.:D
The TV numbers are also down so I guess those homes don't have full coverage.

Kyle Larson, Credit One Bank expand sponsorship for 2018
The bank, which is also the Official Credit Card of NASCAR, will be the team’s largest sponsor and most prevalent logo on the car for multiple races. Although exact details of the agreement weren’t disclosed, a source says it includes primary sponsorship for nearly half the season. It will begin its multi-year association with the 2018 Daytona 500.

“It’s great that Credit One Bank will be expanding their partnership with our team next season,” said Larson, a four-time 2017 race winner and playoff driver.
Credit One will also appear as an “associate sponsor” on the No. 1 Chevrolet of Larson’s teammate Jamie McMurray next season, the same car its brand debuted with in 2016.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/28/kyle-larson-credit-one-bank-primary-sponsor-for-2018/

I'd sponsor his car and make sure I was on it for Homestead-Miami if he was in the playoffs. With Chevy having a new front end next year, and his ability to keep up with the Toyota's this past year he looks good for a run at a Championship next year.

The article didn't say what races they were sponsoring. Kinda sneaky. "exact details weren't disclosed" as they say

Sponsor announcements and other good news doesn't seem appropriate for a deathbed thread, IMO. To me deathbed news is things like Charters not being worth much, lack of sponsorship/money, teams closing down, drivers out of work and low attendance and viewership. Of course bad is good as is being dope or sick.

Jones leaves Childress to go to the Gibbers full time. Bell and Preese get sponsored by Rheem also. Jones is so baaad, like a Pastrana with more money. Body guys will be hyped, plenty of work next year.

Sponsor announcements and other good news doesn't seem appropriate for a deathbed thread, IMO. To me deathbed news is things like Charters not being worth much, lack of sponsorship/money, teams closing down, drivers out of work and low attendance and viewership. Of course bad is good as is being dope or sick.
Post needs more cheese.

New extension ensures NASCAR Whelen Euro Series entitlement through 2024 season for only European-based NASCAR Series.
NASCAR racing in Europe will continue to thrive thanks to a new agreement between Euro Series founder Team FJ, NASCAR and Whelen Engineering.

The three organizations have announced a five-year extension of their agreements that will keep the NASCAR series under its current name through 2024.
“In a time characterized by uncertainty for many racing series in Europe, we are really happy to announce this extension that gives the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series even more long-time perspective, providing teams, drivers, fans and all our partners an unparalleled temporal horizon,” said Galpin.
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-euro/news/nascar-whelen-partnership-euro-series-987071/

New extension ensures NASCAR Whelen Euro Series entitlement through 2024 season for only European-based NASCAR Series.
NASCAR racing in Europe will continue to thrive thanks to a new agreement between Euro Series founder Team FJ, NASCAR and Whelen Engineering.

The three organizations have announced a five-year extension of their agreements that will keep the NASCAR series under its current name through 2024.
“In a time characterized by uncertainty for many racing series in Europe, we are really happy to announce this extension that gives the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series even more long-time perspective, providing teams, drivers, fans and all our partners an unparalleled temporal horizon,” said Galpin.
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-euro/news/nascar-whelen-partnership-euro-series-987071/
Does anyone actually know what this is or watch it?

latest

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveca...ger-fans-is-spinning-its-wheels/#44f2ea036121

Some funny/sad deathbed stuff here:

“It's just not very exciting except for when people crash, and at the end of the race,” he said, “Maybe older people watch it because it's less intense and is less stressful.”

I found this quote to be interesting as well, “It would be fascinating if they could have some sort of obstacle course or make it like bumper cars,” Ben said.

More road courses and short tracks needed in addition to cars that beat and bang on each other. Nobody wants to watch high precision stock car racing. That's why openwheel and sportscar racing exist. NASCAR needs to get its identity back.

Richard Childress Racing and Caterpillar Inc. extend partnership

WELCOME, N.C. (December 12, 2017) -- Richard Childress Racing (RCR) and Caterpillar Inc. have renewed their overall partnership and sponsorship of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series #31 Chevrolet Camaro team, and will use the platform for the introduction of new digital and social content campaigns.

The partnership between RCR and Caterpillar began in 2009 and has been highlighted by the Cat Racing program's consistent activation and engagement with Cat dealers and customers. Since the 2014 debut of driver/crew chief combination of Ryan Newman and Luke Lambert, the team has earned a career-best finish in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series point standings, coming within one point of winning the coveted championship. Consistency has remained a strong suit and in four seasons, the 31 team has earned three NASCAR Playoffs berths, one victory, 19 top-five and 54 top-10 finishes.

"I am happy to announce the continuation of our partnership with Caterpillar and the #31 Chevrolet in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series," said Richard Childress, Chairman and CEO of Richard Childress Racing. "I've had the opportunity to meet and interact with so many Cat dealers, customers and equipment operators through the past nine years. They are passionate about both racing and their Cat equipment, and I share their passion for both. I have used Cat equipment for many years and there is no better heavy machinery on the market. We've enjoyed our long-term association with Caterpillar, and helped them sell a lot of equipment over the years. I'm proud to represent the Cat brand."

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/21749130

I found this quote to be interesting as well, “It would be fascinating if they could have some sort of obstacle course or make it like bumper cars,” Ben said.

More road courses and short tracks needed in addition to cars that beat and bang on each other. Nobody wants to watch high precision stock car racing. That's why openwheel and sportscar racing exist. NASCAR needs to get its identity back.

It is interesting that 2 kids grew up with a dad that covered the series yet are not interested in it. They would have been able to have had great access to drivers and all sorts of other things. I know there are folks that deny there are any serious issues with Nascar but after reading this article IDK how it could ignored.

I am partial to the Chicago dog but if I have any weenies around home it is normally Hebrew National or Oscar Meyer Angus.

Getting back on track about death bed news If Kurt Busch signs with SHR Monster will be on board for 9 races instead of the 18 last year. Between Kurt and Clint Gino's company will be on the hook for 50+ races.

One thing is for sure, you need more practice predicting the future. ;) Might get a wee gee board.

Back
Top Bottom