NASCAR Death Bed

1 down ... 1 to go
doesn't have a clue which side is which and who is paying what.
Paddock said Chicagoland Speedway estimates the economic impact of the tracks on the region at $140 million a year, while the organization has made $2 million in donations through its Racing Advocates for Community Enrichment foundation.
When the 2018 NASCAR race is broadcast on July 1, it will be seen in more than 175 countries, giving Joliet recognition around the world, he said.

Has never seen so few die cast cars during the off season, maybe the death bed is coming

For reasons that escape me, the diecast car people have never figured out that putting a fancy paint job on a ten dollar toy and charging 70 dollars for it is not a recipe for success in the current NASCAR world. I buy my diecast at flea markets, antique malls and yard sales. I NEVER pay more than $30, sometimes as low as $15, and most have never been out of the box.

doesn't have a clue which side is which and who is paying what.
Paddock said Chicagoland Speedway estimates the economic impact of the tracks on the region at $140 million a year, while the organization has made $2 million in donations through its Racing Advocates for Community Enrichment foundation.
When the 2018 NASCAR race is broadcast on July 1, it will be seen in more than 175 countries, giving Joliet recognition around the world, he said.
You really think someone in Russia is going to watch or some one in Norway? Come on the primary target audience is right here in the 48 and that is dwindling every day

For reasons that escape me, the diecast car people have never figured out that putting a fancy paint job on a ten dollar toy and charging 70 dollars for it is not a recipe for success in the current NASCAR world. I buy my diecast at flea markets, antique malls and yard sales. I NEVER pay more than $30, sometimes as low as $15, and most have never been out of the box.

Back in the 90's my local grocery store would have 30+ various 1:64 diecasts to choose from at any given time. $4 a piece. Also had a dozen different 1:24 diecasts that were like $20 tops. Nowdays you're lucky to find more than 3-4 cars at Target or Walmart or whatever.

Back in the 90's my local grocery store would have 30+ various 1:64 diecasts to choose from at any given time. $4 a piece. Also had a dozen different 1:24 diecasts that were like $20 tops. Nowdays you're lucky to find more than 3-4 cars at Target or Walmart or whatever.
That' because Nascar had its moment of glory and is not the money maker it once was.

That' because Nascar had its moment of glory and is not the money maker it once was.

Yes, and nobody is willing to adjust to the new reality that nobody wants the overpriced stuff. NASCAR as a sport would be better served to have 100,000 people wearing a 10 dollar tee shirt than 10,000 people wearing a 30 dollar tee shirt, but nobody can see the forest for the trees. The same goes for race seating. They would rather take out seats than lower the ticket price, totally missing the point that more butts in the seats buy more hot dogs, beer, tee shirts and tell their friends about the race.

Yes, and nobody is willing to adjust to the new reality that nobody wants the overpriced stuff. NASCAR as a sport would be better served to have 100,000 people wearing a 10 dollar tee shirt than 10,000 people wearing a 30 dollar tee shirt, but nobody can see the forest for the trees. The same goes for race seating. They would rather take out seats than lower the ticket price, totally missing the point that more butts in the seats buy more hot dogs, beer, tee shirts and tell their friends about the race.

Yep, makes you wonder who's running what? It's sad to see the continual decline in leadership and direction.

Among other things, one of my grandsons had a Boston Celtics hoodie on his Xmas list.

I ordered it up for $119.95 plus tax and shipping, adding a bit of my cash to the revenue streams of the NBA, the Celtics and the player whose name is on the back.

Why people rail against the poohbahs of NASCAR about this stuff eludes me. Spend your money elsewhere and get the same treatment or worse.

I'm thinkin the problem with NA$CAR is they aren't trying to do anything to innovate the domestic car industry. Unlike F1.

Tees and hats have always been $25 since I’ve first started going to races in 98. There’s studies in sports who lowered their prices and and raise them a few years later. Fans stopped going. Orlando magic have sucked for the past 5 years but yet their prices keep going up.

Just got a ticket for 180 to NASCAR super bowl!! And NASCAR fans complain about ticket prices haha.. try 10k for cheap tickets to NFL super bowl

oh good deal, you can watch those new Chevy's kick some butt. :rolleyes: Johnson is going to flip the damn switch
I hope it’s some competition this year lol.. I don’t like watching Toyota win every week either and you know I’m a Kyle Busch fan.. see I keep it real

I hope it’s some competition this year lol.. I don’t like watching Toyota win every week either and you know I’m a Kyle Busch fan.. see I keep it real
oh I thought you were wearing that expensive KDB jacket in your Avy for a joke.:D You will be burning that thing before the season is out. :biggrin::D

Looks like not only Nascar is dying but track closures are just around the corner:sarcasm:

Back
Top Bottom