NASCAR Death Bed

Sunoco is all over Ontario and we used it back in the early 70's for racing fuel
as it had the highest octane available.

“The numbers are in. An average of 770,000 fewer people watched NASCAR per week than last year, and that was already the lowest.”

No wonder everything is on the table.

“The numbers are in. An average of 770,000 fewer people watched NASCAR per week than last year, and that was already the lowest.”

No wonder everything is on the table.

Wow, that number was 5.3 million in 2014. That means NASCAR has lost nearly 38% of its viewership in just 4 years.

The closet Speedway is 1,067 miles from Az in Texas City Texas, for us the Phoenix area our two main gas stations are QT and Crap K( Circle), in late 2008 all of our Mobil and Mobil On The Run Stores were sold to Circle K, a lot of the Chevron stores have been rebranded 4 Sons. We have some AmPM's left, and we had Corner Stone, but Circle K seems to be buying them as well.

Yes they are a national chain in the mid-west over into the East Coast. They have been evolving as a company, their stations have gotten better over the past couple of years.

I think they are owned by Marathon.
According to the Marathon Website, Speedway is second largest chain of company owned C-Stores, they have 2,740 convenience stores in 22 states

Doesnt bother me, what does is the same incessant whining about the same thing like we didnt see it the first 6000 times.

Kind of like reading the whining done whenever the sports dwindling fan base numbers are brought up by those seeking to counter reality?

Hopefully you will let us know in the near future why the losses of close to 800k per race don’t matter.
up to 80 K now..oh wow, you guys should bail anytime now save yourself, the ship is sinking, NASCAR is just rearranging the deck chairs. I did buy a pair of water wings.

@StandOnIt is a valuable resource for this forum, and a genuine racing fan. His posts alert me to more relevant news concerning NASCAR and other series he follows than anyone who isn't actually working a beat and doing direct reporting.

I disagree with him plenty, and when I believe he's wrong, I say so. In fact, I think some of my first posts here were a snarky argument with him about something Harvick did :D.

I don't like the baiting that is happening here. It's noxious. Why would anyone who doesn't like a poster be begging more responses from that poster? The only answer is that fighting is the objective. There are a few posters I don't appreciate. I guarantee I'll never be asking them to post more.

Everyone, me included, would be better off if we spent less energy defining ourselves based on what or who we are against. Free thinking and constructive criticism are good. When being an oppositional self-styled "truth teller" becomes your entire identity, what purpose does that serve on a fan forum for people who enjoy something?

There is an answer for that. Rather than engaging in name calling, I'll suggest that if everyone spent a bit more time contributing about what they do like, this would be a more enjoyable place for all. I'm honestly not looking forward to the new rules package, and I hope the high downforce philosophy is rescinded again in a season or two. If I find the intermediates unwatchable, I'll say my piece once or twice and bow out for those weeks. There is lots of other racing to follow, you know, if racing is your thing. I'm not going to incessantly rain on the parade of those who do enjoy it. I've already done the same with plate racing for decades.

I will be offline for the month of December. I hope that when January rolls around (Chili Bowl!), some of the recent toxicity and unmoderated tribal warring will have faded. It's really silly.

Happy holidays everyone, and I mean everyone.

up to 80 K now..oh wow, you guys should bail anytime now save yourself, the ship is sinking, NASCAR is just rearranging the deck chairs. I did buy a pair of water wings.

80k? You and Nascar wish it was only 80k but unfortunately it is almost eight hundred thousand not eighty thousand. I know you have it in you Tonto! Tell us why it doesn’t matter!

80k? You and Nascar wish it was only 80k but unfortunately it is almost eight hundred thousand not eighty thousand. I know you have it in you Tonto! Tell us why it doesn’t matter!
oh wow I almost passed out. I need to call my Nascar broker and see if he wants me to jump out the window or not.

Oh waaa, you are making excuses too, of all people you should know the relevance of what has been posted about the viewing audience. When Standonit stops sugarcoating everything negative about NASCAR that's the day I give him some respect, until then he reaps what he sows. There was not baiting involved.
you never did come up with an answer as to who makes the hoods for the Nascars? do you want a multiple choice answer?

I will be watching when they drop the flag in February, now remember get your plate whines in, it is their last race with the plates. You guys are welcome to leave before the sinking, I think I will go down with the ship, I do have my water wings.

I will be watching when they drop the flag in February, now remember get your plate whines in, it is their last race with the plates

I don’t care for plate racing but I know some people do so that is OK. What is your opinion on the nearly 800k loss of fans per race this year?

is that important to ya? What is your opinion on the world series having the least amount of attendance since recorded history?

I would say that is awful and MLB needs to find out why and get it corrected. What do you think about Nascar losing almost 800k viewers per race?

I don't have an opinion, except I will be watching the first race next year and will continue to do so. You guys need to save yourself, the ship is sinking.

I don't have an opinion, except I will be watching the first race next year and will continue to do so. You guys need to save yourself, the ship is sinking.

No problem as you were painted in a corner and had nowhere to go. It is best for you guys just to enjoy the racing and stop trying to defend the indefensible

On that note I will bid you a good night and I will look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
The glass is half full. the glass is half empty. Honestly, I never see the benefit of constantly beating this dead horse.YES!!! NASCAR is down, anyone can see that. So are most other spectator sports. What's peculiar to me, are the folks that seem to enjoy the demise of NASCAR, claiming to be fans, but never offering anything positive, or any suggestions to help the sport. Just seem to have a need to rub someone else. I'm still tuning in and supporting my sport. Has it changed? Yep, Do I like everything about it? Nope. Where else can I watch stock car racing on TV? Honestly, this back and forth is silly, and it gets old. If you've been on here for more than a day or two, you know Stand on it and Spotter. You know they love stock car racing, and will always hunt the sunny side. So why rub them? Exactly what is to be gained? Leave it be. Geez

that is pretty much it in a nutshell. I think the same ones find joy from pulling the wings off of butterflies. Evil in their hearts I believe.

Where did I ever say I enjoy the demise of NASCAR? Please show me where I said that.

Did I mention you by name? You inferred that on your own. The only names I mentioned were Stand on it and Spotter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whom were you inferring then ??
The usual suspects that feel the need to harass other members because their views differ. The ones that can't seem to find anything worthwhile to post. The type that seem to get their jollies rubbing folks the wrong way. There is absolutely nothing to be gained calling names and making the same argument over and over. Is that fun? Childish in my book. You know where some members stand on most issues. There are no mysteries with SOI and Spotter. They're old school race fans. They still support the sport. So what is to be gained by rubbing them? You know them. How are you benefiting? What do you suggest to help NASCAR boost attendance? How about something constructive?

Well said, Gnome. Enjoy the holidays, clear your schedule, then check back to see if this forum survives or has succumbed to the mountain of stale, smelly bait...
@StandOnIt is a valuable resource for this forum, and a genuine racing fan. His posts alert me to more relevant news concerning NASCAR and other series he follows than anyone who isn't actually working a beat and doing direct reporting.

I disagree with him plenty, and when I believe he's wrong, I say so. In fact, I think some of my first posts here were a snarky argument with him about something Harvick did :D.

I don't like the baiting that is happening here. It's noxious. Why would anyone who doesn't like a poster be begging more responses from that poster? The only answer is that fighting is the objective. There are a few posters I don't appreciate. I guarantee I'll never be asking them to post more.

Everyone, me included, would be better off if we spent less energy defining ourselves based on what or who we are against. Free thinking and constructive criticism are good. When being an oppositional self-styled "truth teller" becomes your entire identity, what purpose does that serve on a fan forum for people who enjoy something?

There is an answer for that. Rather than engaging in name calling, I'll suggest that if everyone spent a bit more time contributing about what they do like, this would be a more enjoyable place for all. I'm honestly not looking forward to the new rules package, and I hope the high downforce philosophy is rescinded again in a season or two. If I find the intermediates unwatchable, I'll say my piece once or twice and bow out for those weeks. There is lots of other racing to follow, you know, if racing is your thing. I'm not going to incessantly rain on the parade of those who do enjoy it. I've already done the same with plate racing for decades.

I will be offline for the month of December. I hope that when January rolls around (Chili Bowl!), some of the recent toxicity and unmoderated tribal warring will have faded. It's really silly.

Happy holidays everyone, and I mean everyone.

Mack, thank you, good job. "Childish" is charitable...
The usual suspects that feel the need to harass other members because their views differ. The ones that can't seem to find anything worthwhile to post. The type that seem to get their jollies rubbing folks the wrong way. There is absolutely nothing to be gained calling names and making the same argument over and over. Is that fun? Childish in my book. You know where some members stand on most issues. There are no mysteries with SOI and Spotter. They're old school race fans. They still support the sport. So what is to be gained by rubbing them? You know them. How are you benefiting? What do you suggest to help NASCAR boost attendance? How about something constructive?

Back
Top Bottom