NASCAR Death Bed

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Bob Mac, Jun 11, 2017.

1. mathematician

mathematician Jackman

Agreed 100%
    It's not rocket science...and it wouldn't cost much money either...but no, let's just add more gimmicks...

Mopardh9 and IanMcVittie like this.
  2. Revman

Revman May God Bless Coach Joe Gibbs and all JGR Fans

Make the cars more of a focus of the sport. The FIA just awarded the Ford Focus "Car of the Year." Imagine that....celebrating the machine that makes the man!

3. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

For those of you that are apprehensive about reading this 52 page thread, don't worry I have cliffnotes

Nascar deathbedders: Nascar sucks, it will die soon

Other people: it's not as popular as the Golden Days, but there is good racing and nascar will continue

Deathbedder: you're dumb

Rinse and repeat

jws926, mack, be9ak7ts16 and 3 others like this.
  4. Ventisca

Ventisca Jackman Contributor

Other people: no you're dumb

Rinse and repeat

:D

be9ak7ts16 likes this.
  5. mathematician

mathematician Jackman

I have mine as well

NASCAR fanboys: Everything is perfect, gimmicks are fun, ratings and attendance don't count

Other people: (worried for the future of the sports) it would be easy to fix NASCAR and bring it back to its former glory

NASCAR fanboys: It is in profit! you are a deathbedder!

Rinse and repeat

IanMcVittie likes this.
  6. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Hick

Amazing, guy with 2 posts was here for a month and this thread still lives.

jws926, Ventisca, LewTheShoe and 2 others like this.
  7. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

:D

8. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

So?

9. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

Concerned fan.

Wow, Nascar races had almost 800k less viewers per race than 2017. The playoff races were not well attended and the finale had empty seats.

These gimmicks and brain dead ideas are killing things.

Nascar apologist.

It doesn’t matter how many people watch the races as Nascar is impervious to that sort of thing. Besides the ratings were 100% in my home. 25k in attendance for the Brickyard is boffo.

This is fun! Next!!

10. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Are you still struggling with alcohol addiction?

mack likes this.
  11. Mopardh9

Are you still struggling to be nice?

12. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

This thread is a train wreck but I can’t take my eyes off of it...since it’s the off-season when I log onto this fine board I’ve been stopping in here first and I have to say I’ve yet to be disappointed.

13. Snappy D

Can I seriously ask you a question....if it’s as bad as you say it is, why do you watch? Why do you give up your own time which I’m sure you find valuable to watch something you hate? Hey I have to say I hate the points systems, most of the tracks and my favorite driver from childhood no longer competes however I don’t hate it enough to keep watching or at the very least go onto a internet message board to harass complete strangers by beating them over the head with my view point. Do I watch as much as when I was younger...no. Do I occasionally skip a race because I need a break...maybe. But I’m not going to come here and expect if I type enough of what I hate that people will follow my lead. Why do you do it is what I am asking? What’s your end game? Do you expect others to think like you?

Johali likes this.
  14. Mopardh9

Because he cares about the sport he loves just like I do and because he is a realist unlike the apologists here.

mathematician likes this.
  15. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Team Owner Contributor

Pardon me folks, I clicked on the wrong deathbed thread :(

be9ak7ts16 and Ventisca like this.
  16. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Easily done.

17. Snappy D

So do you feel those that disagree with your view point don’t care about the sport?

18. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

Fair question and let me first say I don’t hate Nascar and in fact saw some very good races this year.

I am not hear to change anyone’s mind.

I don’t expect others to think like me.

I am here because I like the forum and find it entertaining.

The way I see it is if anyone is troubled or offended by me they can put me on ignore.

If I haven’t addressed you questions in a satisfactory manner please let me know.

Snappy D likes this.
  19. Mopardh9

I think they have their blinders on, I think they care, but won't admit it's in serious trouble.

mathematician and Snappy D like this.
  20. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

All 3 of you?

Spotter22, Johali, mack and 2 others like this.
  21. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

22. Mopardh9

Why does it matter to you so much he changed nicknames?

23. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

On the odd occasion that I take questions, rest assured I won’t be taking any from you.

be9ak7ts16 and Spotter22 like this.
  24. Mopardh9

Oh Yeh why is that oh arrogant Aunty?

25. Ventisca

So, how much longer will it take for NASCAR to die?

mack likes this.
  26. Mopardh9

I don't know ...enlighten us.

27. Ventisca

I’m not the one making the assertion.

mack and 2 Sweet like this.
  28. Mopardh9

Where did I say it was going to die tomorrow? Where did I say it's going to die? What I said was it's in major trouble.

29. Ventisca

I wasn’t originally responding to you.

mack and StandOnIt like this.
  30. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

That happens a lot.

Michfan, mack, Ventisca and 1 other person like this.
  31. Mopardh9

Who were you responding too ...it was right afte my post...so I answered and I'll answer for all you apologists here...wake up and admit your favorite sport is in trouble.

32. sloggie

sloggie Racing I will teach you

So the time to worry starts when fans that are engaged talk about how changes are needed. At this point, stuff is still fixable. Posting is a sign that the fan is still engaged.

The time to panic is when those fans stop being engaged. At that point, they have moved on and it doesn't matter what NASCAR does because those fans are not coming back.

Make sense?

33. Mopardh9

Makes total sense, now see if you can get that through the thick heads of the 2 apologists here who insist on discouraging alternate viewpoints.

34. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Car Chief

A good sign that things are bad is when you lose almost 800k in viewership year of year as just happened. It doesn’t mean anything is dying but it is a brutal loss

35. mack

mack Team Owner

Out
    Out of curiosity, how would anyone outside of NASCAR know what it would cost to implement all these changes? What about contractual obligations that are already in place? Can NASCAR just walk away from those? Contracts with tracks, tv and such? That could get very expensive I would think.

Team Penske, LewTheShoe and StandOnIt like this.
  36. Ventisca

I read the title of the thread.

“NASCAR DEATH BED”

I opened up the first post from June 10, 2017.

So, I asked the question. If I was addressing you, I would’ve quoted your post or directly asked you.

Not everything is about you... :D

37. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I no doubt have confidence in the business giants we have here at RF will get it straightened out.:confused: We will have to catch one or two running around hysterically telling all we're in trouble we're in trouble,:eek::bigfight: and another one keeping a running tally with up to the minute reports of last years record lows, singing the same ol song every day.:jamming: and the tweakers will continue to try to put Humpty back together again, cursing the gimmicks while coming up with their own. :lurk:

LewTheShoe, mack and Ventisca like this.
  38. Towmater

Towmater Ratings Craterville

Interesting. Makes it sound like you know what everyone on the forum involved in this discussion does or did for a living. If you don't, then you are making a bunch of assumptions in your post.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  39. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Beause he doesnt have a habit of beating his head up against the wall like I do.

40. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

We don't need this type of talk in the main forum.