Dismiss Notice
I fixed a problem with the emails. Apologies if you've missed notifications or confirmation emails and/or got duplicates or resends all of a sudden. I've also turned on automatic bounce handling.

NASCAR Death Bed

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Bob Mac, Jun 11, 2017.

1. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Please explain.

KTMLew01 likes this.
  2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

3. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

4. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

It is hard to believe anyone would even suggest Nascar is facing any challenges ain't it?

5. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

The Weather Company, an IBM Business, Named Official Weather Partner of NASCAR

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (October 6, 2017) – NASCAR and The Weather Company, an IBM Business (NYSE: IBM), announced today a multi-year agreement that will optimize the weather-related decision process for NASCAR as it incorporates hyper-local weather data and forecasts into their races to improve race-day operations and fan engagement. As part of the agreement, The Weather Company, via The Weather Channel brand, becomes the Official Weather Partner of NASCAR.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...ess-named-official-weather-partner-of-nascar/

LewTheShoe likes this.
  6. Snappy D

Snappy D Team Owner

They’re going to need this parntership this weekend, looking at the forecasts I have no idea how they get this race in

7. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Everything's Great!

DW can tell em all about the vortex.

sdj, Speedbowl14 and Skoalbandit33 like this.
  8. ToyYoda

9. joe h

joe h Crew Chief

About damn time, hopefully they actually use it. And in the future start rearranging the schedule to get historically wet races(Bristol, summer Daytona, atlanta, pocono) to drier calendar dates.

10. Yogisd1

Yogisd1 Resident Retard

If you want younger fans, you have to give them something they can relate to. Having cars that don't resemble anything they can buy, to get their feet wet (so to speak) is not going to attract them. There is nothing wrong with their attention span. They give things the attention they think it deserves. They think that watching something they can't have, doesn't deserve their attention. So unless NASCAR is willing to go back to stock body cars, (like GT cars, Global Rallycross cars, and Drifting cars) NASCAR is wasting their time.

kk5fan, LouieLouie, Mopardh9 and 3 others like this.
  11. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

The posts detailing Nascar's successes are hilarious.

12. blue92

blue92 Team Owner

I still think NA$CAR needs for this to be a real playoffs they need to remove cars from the track. If your a car owner and you need your car out there for your sponsors then run up front.

LouieLouie likes this.
  13. Blister

Blister Spectator

NASCAR has certain issues. One I suppose would be the cars. In the majority of races on the 1 1/2 - 2 mile tracks seem to have little excitement with the exception of restarts. Seems as if the first four, or five, cars seem to hit the setup to varying degrees, spread out and seem to ride to the next stage. But the cars aren't the only issue. Ticket prices would be at the top of the list. It costs a fortune for someone to take their family to a race this day and time. Much easier just to stay home and watch on the big screen and not spend money one can't afford. Oddly enough, TV ratings are down. Combine that with the stands only being 1/2-3/4 full and you have a massive problem. Then you have the young drivers coming into the sport. You don't seem to have any kids that work their way up like in the old days. They all either come from families that can buy them a ride, or have connections to sponsorship that buys the ride most times over a more deserving driver. NASCAR has some real problems. And sooner or later the TV contracts are going to reflect that and then you have really killed the goose that laid the golden egg. But over all of this I think NASCAR made a huge mistake many years ago. They decided they were going to be as big as the big three sports. To that end, they decided to move from their roots and race all over the country. Often in places where folks could care less. I really do think that losing that regional, family type feel has hurt NASCAR more than even they realize

jws926, LouieLouie, Mopardh9 and 2 others like this.
  14. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

I believe you are correct that NASCAR sacrificed much of it's soul and character in it's pursuit of the Big Three Sports. NASCAR needs to follow the NHL's model: grow your base but stay inside the zone of fan comfort that defines your sport. Don't change your core to appeal to outsiders who will not care about the sport when the excitement of newness fades away. NASCAR went against all of that in the last decade and a half.

jws926, Candace66 and Skoalbandit33 like this.
  15. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

Totally agree, one of the reasons why I bought 2 T-Birds back in the 80s was because Bill Elliot drove and won in them. The body very much resembled what the show room car looked like. To be fair tho, most cars look very much alike, there isn't much distinguishing a Fusion, Camary, Malibu from each other.

kymartin6 and Skoalbandit33 like this.
  16. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Crew Chief

I agree with most of what you said , but this thing about NASCAR being expensive is crazy.. have you ever looked at prices for other sports especially playoffs for others sports lol? Kids under age of 12 get in free don't they lol?? And tickets start at like 30 bucks that expensive in 2017?

17. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

Nascar has more problems than you can shake a stick at but ticket pricing is not one of them.

18. 4tires17gals

4tires17gals Crew Chief

The lack of sponsorships hurt alot because people were fans of company too

19. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

There used to be a lot of people that intentionally patronized Nascar sponsors and I'm sure some people still do. I have always done my own thing and purchased the product that represents the best overall value to me.

kymartin6 and Thegeneral23 like this.
  20. Candace66

Candace66 Jackman

Speaking of NFL tickets, don't forget the whole personal seat license scam. Also, if it costs $50 to park for Rams games at the decrepit LA Coliseum, I can only imagine what it costs to park at other stadiums.

kymartin6 and Skoalbandit33 like this.
  21. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

Last time I went, it was $30 to park at MetLife Stadium. I heard it was $100 to park in Dallas. I hope some Texan can prove me wrong. If not, that's ridiculous.

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  22. Snappy D

Snappy D Team Owner

23. Snappy D

Snappy D Team Owner

i.jpg and this picture of our boy Brian really cracks me up.

24. ToyYoda

JBone88, Snappy D and Skoalbandit33 like this.
  25. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

There will be someone that spins it into being something good just like PIR selling naming rights makes everything peachy with Nascar. I could not make this stuff up.

I was always told never to judge a book by its cover but there are always exceptions and this picture is one of them.

Did you hear that PIR sold naming rights and that some corp is now the official weather company of Nascar? Does it get any better than this?

ToyYoda likes this.
  26. Joe Hartshorn

Joe Hartshorn Tire changer

That would suit me just fine cos once I got hooked into the NFL, the season is so short that I can't afford to miss a week's viewing. I can't access NASCAR live anyway, so have to catch it later in the week :(

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  27. jws926

jws926 Japanse Cars Are The Best

That would not suite me at all, I hate stick and ball sports, and I watch all the races live. Why are you not able to watch the races live?, but its sounds like you can watch the NFL live, is because you dont have cable/sat TV?

28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

29. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

Wowzers.....sponsoring a pole for a race is pretty big doins!

30. DSquad48

DSquad48 Wizard/Mall Santa

Looks like he moonlights at Sears as Santa during the Christmas season

31. Howdy Doody....... but wait....... Howdy Doody was a lot more handsome and likeable........

32. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

33. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

34. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I believe Walgreens was on Truex's car, don't know if they are contributing to both teams

upload_2017-10-16_17-10-53.png