NASCAR Death Bed

Last time I went, it was $30 to park at MetLife Stadium. I heard it was $100 to park in Dallas. I hope some Texan can prove me wrong. If not, that's ridiculous.

i.jpg
and this picture of our boy Brian really cracks me up.

So if you read down to question 4, Pockrass said that NASCAR has had a 53% admission revenue drop over a 9 year period! Thats insane, I mean that cant be good right? http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...g-questions-martin-truex-jr-reached-new-level

There will be someone that spins it into being something good just like PIR selling naming rights makes everything peachy with Nascar. I could not make this stuff up.

View attachment 29672 and this picture of our boy Brian really cracks me up.

I was always told never to judge a book by its cover but there are always exceptions and this picture is one of them.

Don't worry, the next time some Truck team signs a sponsor for two races, it will totally debunk the notion that NASCAR is in trouble.

Did you hear that PIR sold naming rights and that some corp is now the official weather company of Nascar? Does it get any better than this?

maybe only a 6 month in spring summer series would help to end need to compete with NFL at same time

That would suit me just fine cos once I got hooked into the NFL, the season is so short that I can't afford to miss a week's viewing. I can't access NASCAR live anyway, so have to catch it later in the week :(

That would suit me just fine cos once I got hooked into the NFL, the season is so short that I can't afford to miss a week's viewing. I can't access NASCAR live anyway, so have to catch it later in the week :(
That would not suite me at all, I hate stick and ball sports, and I watch all the races live. Why are you not able to watch the races live?, but its sounds like you can watch the NFL live, is because you dont have cable/sat TV?

Do you know what NASCAR said on it's death bed. Let's try stage racing. If you agree, let me know.
I totally disagree. Stage racing has forced drivers to go all out throughout the race as they race for points. It’s made it much more exciting beginning to end. Now look what excitement it has created in the playoffs. As to that the healthy mix of veterans and young guns and you have yourself a great series.

I Stage racing has forced drivers to go all out throughout the race as they race for points. It’s made it much more exciting beginning to end. Now look what excitement it has created in the playoffs. As to that the healthy mix of veterans and young guns and you have yourself a great series.

I agree, except for the dumb ass made up cautions at the end of stage 1 and 2! :mad:

I totally disagree. Stage racing has forced drivers to go all out throughout the race as they race for points. It’s made it much more exciting beginning to end. Now look what excitement it has created in the playoffs. As to that the healthy mix of veterans and young guns and you have yourself a great series.
I don't think teams understood the whole bonus points thing at the beginning of this year. In the playoffs it makes a huge difference so the intensity has certainly picked up. Next year will be intersting to see how teams react at the beginning of the year.

As a fan, I don't like it because it is damn near impossible to figure out how many points a driver gets for each race. I'm not even sure I know what the maximum number of points are that a driver can earn in a race or how far in front of 2nd place that puts him. Also, the fact that you can win the Daytona 500 and not be in first place in the standings is terrible. Plus the forced cautions has crippled strategy this year and made the road course races almost unbearable to watch.
But different strokes for different folks.

RCR secures new sponsor for Ryan Newman's 2018 run

Liberty National Life Insurance will partner with Richard Childress Racing for 2018.
The McKinney, Texas-based insurance company will serve as the primary sponsor for Ryan Newman and the No. 31 team for a limited number of races next season.

"Liberty National Racing (#LNLRacing) is excited to continue in NASCAR in 2018 with Richard Childress Racing, Ryan Newman, and the No. 31 crew," said Steve DiChiaro, president of Liberty National's Agency Division in the release. "Liberty National has sustained its place in the industry since 1900 because of the relentless pursuit of excellence by our independent agents and agency owners who help build our organization, give back to local communities where we have offices, and service our customers.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/rcr-liverty-nationa-life-insurance-sponsor-newman-973795/

RCR gave Liberty the Velveeta discount at 175k per race......:D

I was letting that one lay. I did think with Jr retiring, dp was having a change of heart and he put some Brad tires on to show his support and come on over to the dark side.

Some death bed news is that Miller will be down to only 11 races as a primary for the 2 car next year. It is hard to believe that Coors is completely gone and AB and Miller don't have a big presence as beer and Nascar go together like hand and glove.

Some death bed news is that Miller will be down to only 11 races as a primary for the 2 car next year. It is hard to believe that Coors is completely gone and AB and Miller don't have a big presence as beer and Nascar go together like hand and glove.
The Coor's Light Pole award is still a thing

I think MillerCoors understands exactly what I've been saying for about five years now. It doesn't matter whether they sponsor the 2 car for 10 races or 36 races, everybody IN racing will still think of the 2 as the Miller car, and MillerCoors can still hang pictures of Brad's car in every bar and liquor store store from Maine to California, and nobody knows any different. As the number of fans in the seats and the number watching on TV decline, being on the car EVERY week just doesn't matter like it used to. Hooters can sponsor the 24 for only four races and STILL hang Chase Elliott stuff in every one of their restaurants and get a commercial out of it. Mission accomplished. Good for sponsors, bad for race teams.

I think MillerCoors understands exactly what I've been saying for about five years now. It doesn't matter whether they sponsor the 2 car for 10 races or 36 races, everybody IN racing will still think of the 2 as the Miller car, and MillerCoors can still hang pictures of Brad's car in every bar and liquor store store from Maine to California, and nobody knows any different. As the number of fans in the seats and the number watching on TV decline, being on the car EVERY week just doesn't matter like it used to. Hooters can sponsor the 24 for only four races and STILL hang Chase Elliott stuff in every one of their restaurants and get a commercial out of it. Mission accomplished. Good for sponsors, bad for race teams.
And fans like myself will still buy a Hooters 24 hat and Hooters 24 shirt because out of his sponsors Hooters is my fav sponsor of the 24 which will soon become the 9 in two races

I think yesterday's attendance would qualify as death bed news even though NASCAR is not on its death bed and will be around for many years. It does look like TMS could use a little enhancing though.

I think yesterday's attendance would qualify as death bed news even though NASCAR is not on its death bed and will be around for many years. It does look like TMS could use a little enhancing though.
Where did you get attendance data? #AskingForAFriend

Back
Top Bottom