real race cars on track in two weeks

Yeah, missed opportunity for NASCAR and Fox there, especially with how many people are dropping cable right now because of the pandemic and the depressed economy.
omg dude really? This is on your brain with that announcement? Doesnt FOX have regular show programs weeknights anyway?

so no practice or qualifying.just go straight to the race.that should be a crazy first pit stop.cant wait.

Reactions: Pat
I'm gonna be going to bed at 5 am on five consecutive days. Can't wait!
Would've loved to see the Trucks at Darlington as well.
The truck boys and girls are going to be chomping at the bit when they see all the racing going on before they get a shot. Recipe for a crazy truck race.

Reactions: Pat
They said now that Darlington and Charlotte are getting extra races, some tracks are losing their races this year. Did they say what tracks? and is Darlington keeping its Southern 500 Labor Day date??

They said now that Darlington and Charlotte are getting extra races, some tracks are losing their races this year. Did they say what tracks? and is Darlington keeping its Southern 500 Labor Day date??
Hopefully Richmond. Wouldn't mind Kentucky losing theirs either honestly. Or New Hampshire.

Hopefully Richmond. Wouldn't mind Kentucky losing theirs either honestly. Or New Hampshire.

Likely going to be NASCAR-owned tracks.

omg dude really? This is on your brain with that announcement? Doesnt FOX have regular show programs weeknights anyway?

I just said it's a missed opportunity not putting them on broadcast. Of course, Wednesday night is the worst possible night for this because that's The Masked Singer, which is the only thing Fox TV has going for it.

Broadcast TV is mostly reruns and reality TV right now. And even many of the reality shows are seeing a drop in ratings.

I wonder what arrangements have been made for Covid-19 testing of all race team personnel, broadcast people, track staff, etc.?

Every day.

No testing. Just thermometers.

They are trying to limit personnel and do distancing in various ways. Guess we'll see if that will be enough to keep the show going.

No testing. Just thermometers.
Asymptomatic carriers of the virus do not exhibit symptoms, including fever.

Some here might interpret my response the wrong way. I want racing to restart and to go on just as much as you all do. What I do not want is an avoidable cluster*** that shuts it down again.

I was about to say, I wonder how many and who they have working out the details. I'll bet the teleconference is a full big screen.

boy this will open up a can of worms around here if this happens. ;)

Not really. There hasn't been much disagreement on waivers for unavoidable medical circumstances for many years, since the whole Kyle Busch championship asterisk debate.

They are supposed to announce which three tracks will lose races before the Darlington race. Probably to keep the mourning period short. Probably make a good thread. Post it Snappy D eh?

Kinda scratching my head on this one, small teams might not be able to do it.

They are supposed to announce which three tracks will lose races before the Darlington race. Probably to keep the mourning period short. Probably make a good thread. Post it Snappy D eh?
I'll let someone that will be willing to die on that hill go ahead and take up the honors of making a thread lmao. Do we have any nominations besides myself?

Lets see 16 personnel per team, so max around 640. NASCAR personnel lets say 150. Broadcast personnel maybe 100? Track personnel and rescue teams another 100. So high estimate around 1,000 people at the track.

Walmart goes by store Square Footage and allows in the store at one time here in Myrtle Beach, drum roll please........................1019 people NOT including associates and Vendors.

Lets see 16 personnel per team, so max around 640. NASCAR personnel lets say 150. Broadcast personnel maybe 100? Track personnel and rescue teams another 100. So high estimate around 1,000 people at the track.

Walmart goes by store Square Footage and allows in the store at one time here in Myrtle Beach, drum roll please........................1019 people NOT including associates and Vendors.
They hired 200,000 during the Corona virus reign of terror, gave out 180 million in bonuses

Its gonna an interesting month of racing, but glad to have it back, I do echo Aunty's concerns though, this can turn bad real fast and will put NASCAR in the spotlight, and not the one they want to be in. Wishing the best for everyone that has to travel to tracks that they can stay healthy.

Its gonna an interesting month of racing, but glad to have it back, I do echo Aunty's concerns though, this can turn bad real fast and will put NASCAR in the spotlight, and not the one they want to be in. Wishing the best for everyone that has to travel to tracks that they can stay healthy.
With hundreds of businesses across the country starting up, surely the press can find something more spectacular than a crewman with corona virus.

With hundreds of businesses across the country starting up, surely the press can find something more spectacular than a crewman with corona virus.
For one, sure, I agree, more than that.....

What's the reason that there is no practice?

I a one hour practice session would be a wise move to shake down the cars and make sure everything is safe. Plus Nascar is the first sport starting back up. So if more eyes are on the sport? Would it not male sense and put the best show on display.

Also the individual teams will be separated but in their own little groups. So how will having a practice interference with social distancing?

I a one hour practice session would be a wise move to shake down the cars and make sure everything is safe. Plus Nascar is the first sport starting back up. So if more eyes are on the sport? Would it not male sense and put the best show on display.

Also the individual teams will be separated but in their own little groups. So how will having a practice interference with social distancing?
It saves large sums of money on the tire bill

Reasoning- First and foremost, No chance of a practice crash which would require more crewmen. Costs of practice tires goes away. Cars can be race ready at the shop, tested, nut and bolted and ready hit the track immediately.

Hope that helps!

If NASCAR is the first and / or only live sport available for electronic consumption by the public, surely you’d agree that they’ll get more than their share of media attention.

Back
Top Bottom