Ross Chastain is a Future Star

Well, anytime Justin and PB want to get their billfold out and start producing their own engines.......
Or Chevy could do it....Ya know, the TRD way. But this is another layer isn't it? Chevy needs the Felon more than the Felon needs Chevy. It's making sense now.

Can we stop the felon talk? It was bribes to get greater allocations for his dealerships. White collar crime where you could even argue HE was a victim. He paid a fine and did his time before President Clinton pardoned him. Let it rest.

Can we stop the felon talk? It was bribes to get greater allocations for his dealerships. White collar crime where you could even argue HE was a victim. He paid a fine and did his time before President Clinton pardoned him. Let it rest.
Get over it. Love the avi. Go Bubba!

This is just ****** bizarre now. This is the points leader kissing the ass of a rival. WTF. Chevy must have threatened to dump Trackhouse or something. Surreal. WTF is Marks doing letting Ross talk to The Felon? Completely bizarre.

Indeed @Revman it is bizarre…almost like an apology tour has started. The worst part is NASCAR practically endorsing the ability of HMS to threaten/influence the competitiveness of another team and driver via the supply chain business relationship. That is close to racketeering.

I hope Ross gets a win soon so he can comfortably give ground in every close racing situation…pleasing Big H and every whiner on the track.

Yes. Couldn't have said it better myself actually.
If it’s true that Hendricks could cause Trackhouse to get inferior engines

who knows it could already be happening
what other Chevy car can keep pace with the Hendrix cars

the new car was supposed to bring parity

do we need a third party engine provider

maybe that’s why Legacy is going to Toyota

If it’s true that Hendricks could cause Trackhouse to get inferior engines

who knows it could already be happening
what other Chevy car can keep pace with the Hendrix cars

the new car was supposed to bring parity

do we need a third party engine provider

maybe that’s why Legacy is going to Toyota

Ross is the current points leader so I'd say your conspiracy theory is false.

Seems like a disingenuous comparison, no? Dale didn’t show up and instantly get respect and he feuded with a lot of his competitors in the 80s and early 90s (Darrell Waltrip, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Geoffrey Bodine, Ricky Rudd, and others I am sure I am forgetting). The garage and industry did not respect Dale when he was just starting out, he had to earn it. If Dale were starting today, I would bet my life savings that the NASCAR online fans would bitch about his driving style.

When Dale won the Daytona 500, it had been 20 years since his first full time season in Cup. Let’s check in and see where Ross is by then. They may be lining up to shake his head, we don’t know yet.
I was a bit young when Earnhardt ascended in the late 80's so all I know is what I've read. I dont disagree with anything you've said here, I read that Richard Petty and DW had a sit down or two with Dale about his driving style in the late 70's early 80's. My point was Earnhardt owned it when he roughed up another driver, which endeared him to some, hated by others. Ross promises to do better next time…next time comes and he runs someone over, it always felt disingenuous with him.

this happened in late 80’s at Wilksboro or some other short track

I remember (yes I’m over 60)

Late in the year the manufactures race was close between Ford n Chevy
Dales car was tight and was washing up the corners
Dale on the inside used any car he could, “rubbed” them to help make the turn
most didn’t survive the ”rubbing”

the conversation to Dale from his crew chief during the race was
just don’t rub the Chevy’s, we need them to finish well too.

I was a bit young when Earnhardt ascended in the late 80's so all I know is what I've read. I dont disagree with anything you've said here, I read that Richard Petty and DW had a sit down or two with Dale about his driving style in the late 70's early 80's. My point was Earnhardt owned it when he roughed up another driver, which endeared him to some, hated by others. Ross promises to do better next time…next time comes and he runs someone over, it always felt disingenuous with him.

I've said before that I think Ross needs to drop the "aw shucks" act and just own his driving style. No one likes someone who isn't sincere.

Had a monthly test at a medical facility this morning where the lady who does the test is a NASCAR fan. We are pretty much on the same page when it comes to NASCAR and she likes to tease me about Ross Chastain. As I walked into her office the first thing I noticed was her computer screen in dark red and the largest print possible, was the name Ross Chastain.

Then I turned and saw this ..............

IMG_0837.jpeg

This is just ****** bizarre now. This is the points leader kissing the ass of a rival. WTF. Chevy must have threatened to dump Trackhouse or something. Surreal. WTF is Marks doing letting Ross talk to The Felon? Completely bizarre.

This is totally hilarious coming from the "Team Toyota" guy, with the one for all and all for one crap. Chevy decides to actually apply a little bit of the "Team" concept and keep all their guys on the same page, and suddenly you have a problem with it. Just like Toyota, Chevy wants to see their cars out on the track competing for wins, not wadded up in the garage, so if they can help control some of that, why wouldn't they? Also, why should HMS help out a team who's driver is wrecking them every damn week? How many times do you think YOUR Toyota team would have have put up with happened at Indy when Kyle and Martin took themselves out being stupid in a marquee event? My guess is that once was it.

So how long does Justin kiss The Felon's ass before he gets his?.....and just like everybody who blabs about Furniture Row, ya got nothing. Conveniently leaving out heart attacks and familial influences...but I get it....wait for it....The Narrative. Whatever on that. The employees at Trackhouse probably felt that they were players. The way their owner folded under the weight of The Felon had to be disheartening. Back to the original question....How long does Justing wait? After The Felon comes Jeffy and Chad.
What Justin says in Public is 180 degrees different when he meets privately with his drivers and crew chiefs. He knows you dont put the brakes on the biggest thing you've got going in your company. Rick has clout and sells a lot of GM product so if you are Justin Marks you just "play da game baby"! You sit in your board room smokin your stogie and say " f75ck that ahole" carry on with business as usual.

Hendrick engines come with a dyno sheet.

Please don’t tell me how easy it would be to supply a fake.

Here’s a young driver overdriving a turn at Darlington and taking out a veteran competitor.

Maybe Ross should consider watching this for inspiration on how to get pay back against HMS.

Hendrick engines come with a dyno sheet.

Please don’t tell me how easy it would be to supply a fake.
Yeah on an interview with Hendrick, he said the engines are on pallets and teams can pick out which any one they want. It's the "fellon's" attempt at honesty.

What's the controversy? Chastain has wrecked too many Hendrick cars, of course Rick is going to be upset. It's that simple.

And the other 80 times he has hit someone on the track? What's the excuse then? Low driver IQ?

If he had a low driver IQ, he wouldn’t have been the runner up for the championship last year. He’s one of the most talented drivers out there, he just needs to refine his aggression and learn how to use it more effectively.

I've said before that I think Ross needs to drop the "aw shucks" act and just own his driving style. No one likes someone who isn't sincere.
For me personally, I'd find him a bit more likable if he did what you said there. and stop running over the 5. Those two things, I probably wouldnt care that much about him honestly, I'd look at like thats just the way he races.

Trying hard to wrap my mind around how either Larson or Chastain who were trying to wreck each other the whole race is a problem. I enjoyed the hell out of it myself.

Good old fashioned racing to me. Leave it all on the track and don’t cry about it after.
Hell, let them cry as far as I am concerned. Some lost their minds last year with Harvick and Elliott. I think when Chastain gets some of his rough edges smoothed up a bit there will be more crying, he's a top talent just like the rest of them and he belongs in the series. Larson was no angel, he ran Ross high, door slammed him a number of times in the race. They call that race craft, Larson is a master at it. He rattled Ross's cage...in this case too much. Ross will learn.

Back
Top Bottom