SHR files suit against Nature's Bakery for breach of contract

As a commentator, she freely admitted to not being “extremely technical.” She was quoted as saying, “I'm going to let them know I'm not extremely technical. So don't ask me about set-up, the body work on the car. I just drive it."

That’s just the sort of driver I’d want in an R&D effort………………….
At start yes. However, shes got better at this if you listen to her in car now. Shes gives tons of feedback on how to get the car where she likes it

I don't think it's necessarily "Junk", but experimental parts and set ups, things like that? HMS used to do that with Finch and Haas owned cars, it wouldn't surprise me if he was still throwing R&D stuff at SHR and Danica is the one shaking things down. Obviously that is **PURE** speculation, but I know for sure that it used to be a common practice for Rick.
Hendrick did not "throw" anything at SHR or Patrick's car.

SHR is free to choose from among purchased chassis / bodies / engines and whatever else they bought from HMS for use on any of their 4 cars. Beyond that, they can choose from among 50 + front spindle combinations, hundreds of shock combinations, several years worth of setup sheets from their fleet and apply all the HMS engineering knowledge they have paid so dearly for to Danica's car in the same manner they do with the other 3 cars.

Hendrick did not "throw" anything at SHR or Patrick's car.

SHR is free to choose from among purchased chassis / bodies / engines and whatever else they bought from HMS for use on any of their 4 cars. Beyond that, they can choose from among 50 + front spindle combinations, hundreds of shock combinations, several years worth of setup sheets from their fleet and apply all the HMS engineering knowledge they have paid so dearly for to Danica's car in the same manner they do with the other 3 cars.

The "quality of the he who picks" was in doubt a bit before. I like Billy tho...IMHO, the ford statement is mostly $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as in you might see FORD SVT or something on DPs car this year...

I don't think it's necessarily "Junk", but experimental parts and set ups, things like that? HMS used to do that with Finch and Haas owned cars, it wouldn't surprise me if he was still throwing R&D stuff at SHR and Danica is the one shaking things down. Obviously that is **PURE** speculation, but I know for sure that it used to be a common practice for Rick.
Sorry that just doesn't make sense to me. Anyone associated with getting her to the front and finishing well, would be part of one of Nascars best stories.
To much of a good thing to squander

its a bit surprising why the stake holders couldn't have just worked this out. I suspect that will happen in the long run. Probably in the form of natures bakery agreeing to pay what they can. They might have been able to work with SHR earlier on and say look we have to bail and this is how much money we have. see if you can get someone else on the car and we will still pay what we can.

As a commentator, she freely admitted to not being “extremely technical.” She was quoted as saying, “I'm going to let them know I'm not extremely technical. So don't ask me about set-up, the body work on the car. I just drive it."

That’s just the sort of driver I’d want in an R&D effort………………….

And her fans wonder why we say she isn't a legit/passionate racecar driver...

All of the best in motorsports, from Dale Earnhardt to Michael Schumacher, were masters of giving feedback and having input on car setups. You absolutely cannot and will not ever be a champion racecar driver with her mentality. I feel bad for every guy that's ever had to be her crew chief over the years because those guys never did and never will stand a chance with her in the seat.

its a bit surprising why the stake holders couldn't have just worked this out. I suspect that will happen in the long run. Probably in the form of natures bakery agreeing to pay what they can. They might have been able to work with SHR earlier on and say look we have to bail and this is how much money we have. see if you can get someone else on the car and we will still pay what we can.

SHR practiced willful blindness in dealing with the fig people as they knew going in things were not right and almost immediately the figgies wanted to renegotiate and soon after that were in default.

IDK what is up with SHR as they should have had the 14 and 10 sponsorships taken care of 6 months ago.

All of the best in motorsports, from Dale Earnhardt to Michael Schumacher, were masters of giving feedback and having input on car setups. You absolutely cannot and will not ever be a champion racecar driver with her mentality. I feel bad for every guy that's ever had to be her crew chief over the years because those guys never did and never will stand a chance with her in the seat.
Absolutely.

SHR practiced willful blindness in dealing with the fig people as they knew going in things were not right and almost immediately the figgies wanted to renegotiate and soon after that were in default.

IDK what is up with SHR as they should have had the 14 and 10 sponsorships taken care of 6 months ago.

Well to be fair you can't say that about the 10 certainly could say that about the 14 but honestly it's the NASCAR problem I think if cost were cut in half the sport with see a rise in profitability because of how much more sponsorship could be brought on board

Well to be fair you can't say that about the 10 certainly could say that about the 14 but honestly it's the NASCAR problem I think if cost were cut in half the sport with see a rise in profitability because of how much more sponsorship could be brought on board

It is funny as Nascar could run cars with bias ply tires, carbs and never crack 160 MPH and the average Joe wouldn't know the difference.

shes got better if you care to listen to her incar....indycar was more engineering based so there was a curve

Cutting costs and professional auto racing in the same sentence ...

It is funny as Nascar and teams could cut costs easily but there is no way it could ever happen unless extraordinary circumstances prevailed.

It is funny as Nascar and teams could cut costs easily but there is no way it could ever happen unless extraordinary circumstances prevailed.

And yet Liberty Media has F1 publicly moving towards a spending cap. It can happen and it needs to happen.

And yet Liberty Media has F1 publicly moving towards a spending cap. It can happen and it needs to happen.
It hasn't happened yet.

We're talking about people who steal intellectual property from each other.

I cant disagree,..this year is set up to Danica's best. Ford is behind her 150%, she has some time in with Billy......
and Chevy never wanted her? take your blinders off, she is not going to any better in a ford then she did in a Chevy. she is what she is, a mid-packer racer.

Didn't bother me one little bit when they did --- back in the day. Love the squealing tires and the smokin right rear.
Boy 'O' Boy did you say a mouthful there Texas Lady!!!!!!!!!!! There was nothing better.... you always knew when a driver was giving it everything he had coming out of the corners.... the car would would kick out just a little and a puff of smoke off that right rear.... Kudo's to you for posting that....... It was always what I noticed the most to see how hard they were driving...... I doubt 50..... maybe 65 percent of the folks posting here had the enjoyment of seeing races on bias ply tires......

They were fun as hell to watch........

Boy 'O' Boy did you say a mouthful there Texas Lady!!!!!!!!!!! There was nothing better.... you always knew when a driver was giving it everything he had coming out of the corners.... the car would would kick out just a little and a puff of smoke off that right rear.... Kudo's to you for posting that....... It was always what I noticed the most to see how hard they were driving...... I doubt 50..... maybe 65 percent of the folks posting here had the enjoyment of seeing races on bias ply tires......

the best race to see that is the fall race 1989 at dover. Dale and Mark raced side by side for the last 25 laps with the right rears smoking in both turns when the track was black top. the best race I was there for.

the best race to see that is the fall race 1989 at dover. Dale and Mark raced side by side for the last 25 laps with the right rears smoking in both turns when the track was black top. the best race I was there for.
I wasn't there but recall watching it...... :cool:

Mark was only a few races away from getting his first win for Jack...... he was driving for his life.....

Didn't bother me one little bit when they did --- back in the day. Love the squealing tires and the smokin right rear.

I loved it too and enjoyed seeing the guys try and get the correct stagger. Now the only thing with stagger is Brian after a session with Crown,

I loved the racing with bias plies!!!

A year or so ago a lot was being made of SHR's switch to Ford but the bloom fell off the rose in short order. Harvick will be 42 at the end of the year and I believe during the season Kurt turns 39 and Clint turns 38. The 10 and 14 cars have more sponsorship holes than a slice of Swiss plus Ford has to prop up the mini dumpster fire that is RFR.

I think Ford has stepped back from total support of RFR and that is why they are down to 2 cars.
I think Ford is hoping SHR can bring them back but I have no faith in them. With all their resources minus GH money, SHR is no better than MWR was. That is mainly because they have the CC that made MWR.

and Chevy never wanted her? take your blinders off, she is not going to any better in a ford then she did in a Chevy. she is what she is, a mid-packer racer.

I choose to disagree. I think this is the year. Winner circle bound! I think Ford is more invested in her in that that are willing to help $$$ wise if needed..would chev have done that? hmmm

I choose to disagree. I think this is the year. Winner circle bound! I think Ford is more invested in her in that that are willing to help $$$ wise if needed..would chev have done that? hmmm

I may be way off base but it almost seems as if DP would be better off with a driving coach or mentor. If she could improve her restarts and become aggressive I believe it would help in overall performance. IDK if Ford will do more for SHR than GM did but they are certainly entering the year with uncertainty.

she has mentors on her team...do I wish she talked more to them? YES

I think Ford has stepped back from total support of RFR and that is why they are down to 2 cars.
I think Ford is hoping SHR can bring them back but I have no faith in them. With all their resources minus GH money, SHR is no better than MWR was. That is mainly because they have the CC that made MWR.

Can't help believing you would say the same even if they were defenfing champions, or that you would respect one of them regardless of the context.

And Childers never made a championship at MWR.

I may be way off base but it almost seems as if DP would be better off with a driving coach or mentor. If she could improve her restarts and become aggressive I believe it would help in overall performance. IDK if Ford will do more for SHR than GM did but they are certainly entering the year with uncertainty.
If you listen to her radio the team is fully aware of her issues. But since you can't run the gas & brake from the spotters tower they are stuck. Strangely enough her problem frequently isn't lack of aggression but getting into the corner too hard or picking up throttle too soon. At one point she was getting trail braking down but seemed to forget how to do it when she needed. IMO, the ban on testing has hurt her progression. Plus fact cars have been changed nearly every season. She had a hugely steep hill to climb as her experience in racing was 100% open wheel. I know some will say a professional driver should quickly adapt. Name a previous open wheel driver that has excelled at NASCAR. I'm talking about ANYONE that has ZERO full body car experience. Not trying to make an excuse or compare her "talent" just previous experience. IMO she has zero chance of winning. ZERO. Second place will "Kenseth" her if they have to. There is no driver in NASCAR that can afford to "let the girl win". At any cost. But at this point just getting consistent top 15's would be a big improvement. But she was in top 15 of points for first third or so of last season. So i guess heil could freeze over. Just to be clear, i will be listening to her radio with the TV turned way down, for the few races i watch.

IMO she has zero chance of winning. ZERO. Second place will "Kenseth" her if they have to. There is no driver in NASCAR that can afford to "let the girl win". At any cost.

I've heard others say this before, and I couldn't disagree more. Maybe 30 years ago, yeah it might have happened, but I really don't think any driver would dare take out Danica if she were running up front. They would be crucified for it.

I've heard others say this before, and I couldn't disagree more. Maybe 30 years ago, yeah it might have happened, but I really don't think any driver would dare take out Danica if she were running up front. They would be crucified for it.
Yeah..... I think it was 1995.... Busch race...... Short track.... Shawna Robinson was starting either from the pole or outside.. Big bad Mike Wallace bragged before the race that she wouldn't make it the first lap...... she didn't.... As soon as the green dropped he slammed her into the outside wall.... After that I have never had any use for that S.O.B. and am glad his carreer has gone nowhere... I find it really ironic that he has a daughter that he was trying to get started into racing.... I hope he recalls what an a**hole he was that night.....

Have you listened to her radio? I have for last 4 seasons. Am 59. ASE Master Auto/Ford Certifed in half dozen areas. Crewed three levels of dirt cars. So not a complete fool when it comes to things car related. She most definitely HAS improved on feedback/knowledge the last few seasons. When asked what the car needs she explains what the car is doing. Then asks exactly what/why the changes are being made and what to expect from them. Have heard her on numerous occasions question the direction of adjustment, and been right. Next stop adjustments were reversed and her suggestions were tried. Her's worked at least as much as Billy's. But her issues are with getting a consistent full corner. THAT IMO is her fault. Plus she is terrified of running the car above the middle groove. Sometimes you have to try something else if what you been doing isn't working. I have little faith that she will run much different this year than any other. But I'll be listening and watching her. When she leaves, so will I.

Have you listened to her radio? I have for last 4 seasons. Am 59. ASE Master Auto/Ford Certifed in half dozen areas. Crewed three levels of dirt cars. So not a complete fool when it comes to things car related. She most definitely HAS improved on feedback/knowledge the last few seasons. When asked what the car needs she explains what the car is doing. Then asks exactly what/why the changes are being made and what to expect from them. Have heard her on numerous occasions question the direction of adjustment, and been right. Next stop adjustments were reversed and her suggestions were tried. Her's worked at least as much as Billy's. But her issues are with getting a consistent full corner. THAT IMO is her fault. Plus she is terrified of running the car above the middle groove. Sometimes you have to try something else if what you been doing isn't working. I have little faith that she will run much different this year than any other. But I'll be listening and watching her. When she leaves, so will I.

KTM-thanks for your insight.

If you listen to her radio the team is fully aware of her issues. But since you can't run the gas & brake from the spotters tower they are stuck. Strangely enough her problem frequently isn't lack of aggression but getting into the corner too hard or picking up throttle too soon. At one point she was getting trail braking down but seemed to forget how to do it when she needed. IMO, the ban on testing has hurt her progression. Plus fact cars have been changed nearly every season. She had a hugely steep hill to climb as her experience in racing was 100% open wheel. I know some will say a professional driver should quickly adapt. Name a previous open wheel driver that has excelled at NASCAR. I'm talking about ANYONE that has ZERO full body car experience. Not trying to make an excuse or compare her "talent" just previous experience. IMO she has zero chance of winning. ZERO. Second place will "Kenseth" her if they have to. There is no driver in NASCAR that can afford to "let the girl win". At any cost. But at this point just getting consistent top 15's would be a big improvement. But she was in top 15 of points for first third or so of last season. So i guess heil could freeze over. Just to be clear, i will be listening to her radio with the TV turned way down, for the few races i watch.

Thanks for the info as it gave great insight as I had no idea she struggled with corner entry/exit.

I would be really disappointed if a male driver deliberately prevented a female from winning a race. I just can't see a guy like Jimmie Johnson, Jamie McMurray or Kyle Busch being so fearful of a female winning they would try and stop it.

KTM-thanks for your insight.
I am a fan of hers. Not the blind loyalty you show but a fan. The main thing that bugs me is the people that insist on trying to change your mind. Some treat "us" like we have a mental disability. Lots of people rooted for the Cubs for about 100 years. Crap talking to your buddies is one thing but demeaning a stranger just seems to me to point to the posters own personal issues. I barely tolerated Dale Sr. He was exciting to watch at the big tracks but too quick to use the bumper at others for ME. YMMV. But I don't bash and berate the Dale Sr fans at every opportunity. (I was a huge Bill Elliot fan)<and Kulwicki>

Back
Top Bottom