SILLY SEASON 2018

Lmao all my old time favorites are dropping like flies: Smoke and Biff, and now Kahne and Kenseth are about to be put to pasture. I'm just glad Kahne got to have his moment at the Brickyard, hoping the Sith can get a win before the year is over as well.

Maybe Aric is a better driver than it seems. After all have you seen anyone in a Richard Petty car do good? Even a champion like Bobby Labonte looked mediocre.
Richard Petty, back in the day. Other than that? Not so much.

From Rubbins Racing, ElvisOnFire: "Worst kept secret in the garage area lol. The only reason Smithfield held out from signing this late was they were hoping Petty would come up with a solution (IE a step up from Aric and a guarantee they'd fix their performance), but they felt Bubba was not the answer. Aric has proven he can be a decent driver, and Haas is still considered a top team despite being behind the Toyotas at the moment. Funny part is they have Childress freaking out too because they had a lot of eggs already in the basket thinking it was a done deal lol."

Smithfield was pining for an upgrade from Aric, but then if prevailing rumors are to be believed, followed him to a new organization?

Smithfield was pining for an upgrade from Aric, but then if prevailing rumors are to be believed, followed him to a new organization?
I think the Smithfield deal was OK until they found out they had lost Aric and was getting Bubba instead. That is when they decided to leave. IMO

I think the Smithfield deal was OK until they found out they had lost Aric and was getting Bubba instead. That is when they decided to leave. IMO
I think they have marketing research that shows he's a positive for their brand in whatever type of consumer demographic they are targeting. Also, they have spent a ton of money developing him as their spokesperson. Those had to weigh heavily on the course they took if I'm right.

I have said before and will say again. If Aric was a slam dunk for the ride that would have been announced yesterday too imo.

Adam Stern reported that Almirola and Smithfield may not be allowed to be paired to the same car, so they might have to put Smithfield on the #14 and move the #14's inventory over to the #10.
That was also mentioned on RH yesterday as well, that could be a issue for SHR.

Adam Stern reported that Almirola and Smithfield may not be allowed to be paired to the same car, so they might have to put Smithfield on the #14 and move the #14's inventory over to the #10.

Smithfield and Clint Bowyer. NOW it makes sense. Lol

hope the seat at SHR goes to an up and comer honestly. I'd rather give cole Custer some time to learn the cup series and see what he can do.
Nah Custer is nothing special sounds like he may even lose his XNS ride to Chase Briscoe

Nah Custer is nothing special sounds like he may even lose his XNS ride to Chase Briscoe
I wouldn't even mind briscoe getting a shot. Just anything other than an option that puts Kasey in the car for several seasons. I want to see a possible future title contender start getting their experience instead of that. It's a good ride, a young gun deserves the good equipment to step into. Maybe front row racing could add Kasey into one of their rides next year.

Good mention on briscoe though.

I wouldn't even mind briscoe getting a shot. Just anything other than an option that puts Kasey in the car for several seasons. I want to see a possible future title contender start getting their experience instead of that. It's a good ride, a young gun deserves the good equipment to step into. Maybe front row racing could add Kasey into one of their rides next year.

Good mention on briscoe though.
According to the team chart, neither of the two FRM cars 2018 plans are finalized, so who knows.

Probably somewhere in the RPM contracts, so that they couldn't approach a team offering a package deal and leave RPM entirely out in the cold.
Then why take Aric with them? If they are it doesn't make sense. Should be interesting to watch how it all works out.

I'm still laughing at the couple of three yea who's that were saying SHR losing Danica would mean Gene Haas would only be able to afford three cars next year.

I don't recall reading anywhere that Gene Haas could not afford to run 4 cars as he could have Haas Automation sponsor each race for each of his team's if he chose to do so. At this point it looks like the 4 is all set and the 10 will need sponsorship for several races and the 14 has very little in terms of sponsorship. The 41 car has no driver or sponsor at this time so it looks like SHR is good to go with 3 teams with the possibility of a 4th.

IDK how many races the 14 car has run this year without in house sponsorship but it sure doesn't seem like a lot.

I think that John Menard should use his leverage to help find a possible partial sponsor for the 77...provided Matt Kenseth is the driver.

Smithfield is going to SHR because of Aric, my guess is if the contracts prevent them being together they sponsor Bowyer this year, then switch to Aric's team next season. And Aric will take Bowyer's patchwork sponsors for a year. Either way, SHR gets the benefit and funding of a full time sponsor, and gets a better version of Danica in the process. Sounds like a smart move to me

Smithfield is going to SHR because of Aric, my guess is if the contracts prevent them being together they sponsor Bowyer this year, then switch to Aric's team next season. And Aric will take Bowyer's patchwork sponsors for a year. Either way, SHR gets the benefit and funding of a full time sponsor, and gets a better version of Danica in the process. Sounds like a smart move to me

If I was Smithfield I wouldn't want Bower as my spokesperson.

Barney Visser told Claire B. Lang that FRR has already signed a contract to sell the 77 team charter.

Sorry I can't figure out how to link directly to the audio. But it is out there on the Sirius XM NASCAR Channel Twitter. And Jayski retweeted it.

Screenshot_20170915-073514.png

Back
Top Bottom