SILLY SEASON 2018

Lots of people forget Dale Earnhardt once drove a Ford too.
And he drove for a legend too....... Bud Moore...... had Ford been able to have figured out the valve spring issue at the time...... He might have stayed with Bud..... It took the Elliott Brothers to get things on track....... but.... by then it was too late ............

No. Elliott, Waltrip and a few others came out several times for 500 laps at Evergreen Speedway. Richard didn’t make that trip.

I have no reason to dislike him and I don’t. I think Mr. Murstein’s team is an embarrassment. Just an opinion
The team that is co-owned by Murstein (majority owner) and Petty (minority owner) is a struggling, under-funded team that shows up every week to race. As Aunty is aware, there are many such teams in Nascar and in every other category of racing. It's just my opinion, but there are many sources of embarrassment among ownership ranks more acute than Richard Petty Motorsports.

I learned VERY EARLY on, that you always have to have a B driver. In a sport when your favorite might only win a couple times a year (or never) or blow up on lap 2, it's just too frustrating to have all of your eggs in one basket. I always have a number one favorite, but I am always following at least two other drivers that I can enjoy. I'm not sure I would be a forty year plus racing fan without that.
After riding the one horse with Bill Elliott his career, I went to a 4 driver
favorites list. It hurt too bad when he retired so I had to figure another way.
So far - 2018 looks like it will be :
Elliott, Blaney, Stenhouse, and TBA.(probably Bubba)

The team that is co-owned by Murstein (majority owner) and Petty (minority owner) is a struggling, under-funded team that shows up every week to race. As Aunty is aware, there are many such teams in Nascar and in every other category of racing. It's just my opinion, but there are many sources of embarrassment among ownership ranks more acute than Richard Petty Motorsports.

I am not sure what makes RPM an embarrassment either.

pockrass is not reliable
Pockrass has been known to not always be 100% accurate and even though RFR is getting their 3rd charter back from JTG, unless some serious sponsorship rears its head, I just don't see Roush firing up another team.

Pockrass has been known to not always be 100% accurate and even though RFR is getting their 3rd charter back from JTG, unless some serious sponsorship rears its head, I just don't see Roush firing up another team.

Sponsorship money would need to be extremely healthy for any team to hire Patrick, IMO, as she has no future, doesn't win any healthy purses and she would not want to drive for chump change.

9c821cc1d47d055611769403b5c8122a.png

Anybody else thinks that looks like a Chevy nose on that car??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know I haven't asked that question. But you have, do you want an answer?

Todd Parrott might land that role, that would be a substantial upgrade and I like Barker. Yet, progress was not really being made with Ty there this year.

He CC'd a few races for Dillon in the past, I believe.

"After the news conference, Stewart, 46, told reporters it wasn’t likely that he would race Xfinity next season, but he also said he would be fine if reporters wrote he had expressed an interest in running Xfinity races.

It is funny to read about Bubba in the 43 as the prevailing thought is he will give the car a better ride than Almirola but then others are chiming in about Almirola being held back due to his ride with the 43. Now we have comments like "Almirola paid his dues. SHR is going to be strong next year" but what does that mean? Is Kurt going to be consistent if he is back with the team? Is Harvick going to run like he did prior to the manufacturer switch? Will Almirola run better, worse or about the same as Bowyer?

After the news conference Stewart reiterated that he would never employ a driver because of sponsorship as he would rather not field a team than give someone a ride just because they could bring sponsorship to SHR.

th.jpg

Reading that we should expect an announcement from Dodge either at Daytona in February or at Michigan around Fathers Day next year for a 2019 return to Cup and Xfinity, 2020 for Trucks. Still looking like RCR and RPM.

Edit to clarify: Seems to be announcing the return at Daytona, showing the car off at Michigan.

Last edited:
Bob Pockrass tweeted that the Smithfield sponsorship is for the full season. And also that crew chief Billy Scott will be staying put.
On her way out the door, Danica Patrick stepped down into the gutter, slighting her team's commitment and effort. I'm pretty sure Billy Scott and his guys will have ample motivation to respond to her remarks via results. And it will be very interesting to see how Aric Almirola performs at a major, championship-level team. This is a great opportunity for him. He's a good guy IMO, but his driving potential has never been proven in a top-tier team. I wonder if he may have just a single year to produce the proof. I didn't see the word "multi-year" in the SHR press release.

Back
Top Bottom