SILLY SEASON 2018

FWIW, the one year deal is as much for Kurt as it is for SHR.
I guess I don't follow you there Allenbaba...... other than you think Kurt might be able to demand more money next year..... the way things are shaking out with salaries and pink slips.... I'd think even though Kurt might have taken a haircut for coming back...... next year... it might be a haircut and a shave.....

One and done? Is 40 the new best before date for NASCAR drivers (yes I know, Harvick, Johnson...).
I feel like this crop of drivers will race longer than this crop (Gordon, Stewart,Edwards, Jr), many in here are quick to retire JJ or Harvick or Kurt Busch because they’ve made their money or their salaries can’t be supported by today’s economics, which in a way I agree with. However saying that if guys like Blaney, Elliott, Willy B, Suarez, Bell (sure I’m leaving someone out) arnt making the salaries or money like current guys...won’t they have to race deep into their 40’s like the drivers from the 70’s and 80’s had too?

I hope Kurt is competitive and wins one more Daytonna 500 and two or three more races. That way the NASCAR press which hates him will have to vote him into the HoF. That would make my day!

With the weak standards of the Hall of Fame, Kurt is already a lock to be inducted. We just inducted a guy with 10 wins, no Daytona 500 wins , and never even CLOSE to winning a title. No offense Donnie, but where do you draw the line?

With the weak standards of the Hall of Fame, Kurt is already a lock to be inducted. We just inducted a guy with 10 wins, no Daytona 500 wins , and never even CLOSE to winning a title. No offense Donnie, but where do you draw the line?

That was the National Motorsports Press Association HoF. Donnie Allison is not in the NASCAR HoF, and I don't think many think he will be.

As in he's ready to hang it up or he wants to keep his options open for other rides?
I think either. He'll take this season at SHR to decide his future. Either retirement or another opportunity (he had options). He did not want to lock in this salary for two years. If you ask me which way I lean, I'd say retirement. But honestly. this should be an amazing year for Kurt fans. He's going to either be auditioning for a new team & sponsor...or, not caring at all about consequence because he'll retire. Either way he should be really fun to watch.

Jeffrey Earnhardt, grandson of Dale Earnhardt Sr. and nephew of Dale Earnhardt Jr., is looking for a 2018 ride as he was released from a contract extension announced in October. Earnhardt drove in 2017 for a NASCAR Cup team that was a partnership of team owners Curtis Key and Joe Falk. Key announced Tuesday that Falk has terminated the partnership. Falk has control of a charter (which guarantees a spot in all races), and his plans for 2018 are to be determined. Key said his organization plans to field a NASCAR Cup car in 2018 and is seeking a driver and sponsor. Hulu, which sponsored Jeffrey Earnhardt in several races last year, also does not have definitive 2018 plans, according to a spokesman for Falk.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0732265831903272750-4

Jeffrey Earnhardt, grandson of Dale Earnhardt Sr. and nephew of Dale Earnhardt Jr., is looking for a 2018 ride as he was released from a contract extension announced in October. Earnhardt drove in 2017 for a NASCAR Cup team that was a partnership of team owners Curtis Key and Joe Falk. Key announced Tuesday that Falk has terminated the partnership. Falk has control of a charter (which guarantees a spot in all races), and his plans for 2018 are to be determined. Key said his organization plans to field a NASCAR Cup car in 2018 and is seeking a driver and sponsor. Hulu, which sponsored Jeffrey Earnhardt in several races last year, also does not have definitive 2018 plans, according to a spokesman for Falk.

Circle Sport cannot find a place to call home. Hillman-Circle Sport dissolved, CSLFR (Circle-Sport Levine Family Racing) dissolved, and now the one with TMG is gone.

I guess Faulk or Key will sign Jeffery, he still has Hulu and Starter sponsoring him, so yeah.

I think Cassill will get a call from one of these teams.

Maybe I’m late to the party, but I was just told Stenhouse has left team Danica.
So, is this still the case? I've not read this or heard it anywhere else. What's the latest on their status?

Is he bad? I am not trolling just asking what people's opinion are of him. I myself wonder how he'd do in JR Motorsports Equipment with a full season drive and see where that leads him to in cup, I do remember when he was under a driver development deal with DEI that he had some talent and many fans were excited for him to come up to Cup.

So, is this still the case? I've not read this or heard it anywhere else. What's the latest on their status?
I haven't heard anything either, so I'm assuming they're still seperated. Couples break up and then get back together all the time, so who knows. I think the Christmas time social media pictures will let us all know what's up one way or the other.

Is he bad? I am not trolling just asking what people's opinion are of him. I myself wonder how he'd do in JR Motorsports Equipment with a full season drive and see where that leads him to in cup, I do remember when he was under a driver development deal with DEI that he had some talent and many fans were excited for him to come up to Cup.

Jr said he did not focus on NASCAR that much when he started out and that was the reason why Jr didn't really help push Jeffery along. Why push someone who did not want to help his own self at first.

JRM is also basically a 'pay to play' team. They prefer drivers that bring sponsorship with them. It's unknown at this point if Hulu and Starter intend to follow him, or if they do if they want to go to the Xfinity series.

He's bad.

I haven't heard anything either, so I'm assuming they're still seperated. Couples break up and then get back together all the time, so who knows. I think the Christmas time social media pictures will let us all know what's up one way or the other.
Appears she's moved back home to Arizona so I'm guessing something went down.

Appears she's moved back home to Arizona so I'm guessing something went down.

But, maybe not surprising she's in AZ during the cooler months.

I agree with an earlier post: If we don't see any pics of them together on their social media channels by year's end (i.e., during Christmas family get-togethers, etc.)...I'll be inclined to think they're no longer an item.

Her and pretty much most of Canada is down here , majority of them in my city, I FREAKING HATE snowbirds.
I bet you don't mind all the taxes they pay in your state. The Governor of Florida stated that without the snowbirds, they would have to bring in a state tax. I don't think AZ gets as many.

I bet you don't mind all the taxes they pay in your state. The Governor of Florida stated that without the snowbirds, they would have to bring in a state tax. I don't think AZ gets as many.

I live in Las Vegas, I love that the tourists pay a lot of the bills and we don't have a state income tax. :D
I-15 northbound packed with Californios coming to party, is a beautiful sight, IMHO. :punkrocke

Thanks. Good to know I might have a shot at the title.:D I kid. I hope that they both are happy in whatever way it turns out.

I live in Las Vegas, I love that the tourists pay a lot of the bills and we don't have a state income tax. :D
I-15 northbound packed with Californios coming to party, is a beautiful sight, IMHO. :punkrocke

Oh yeah.....come for a couple of days and lose your ass and go back home.

I could care less about the taxes , I care about not being able to get around in my city because all these old farts have took over the roads , I hate not being able to shop because the old farts have took over my stores, I hate that all the restaurants have wait times that over an hour because all the old farts have to eat at the same time.

We have a state tax and local city tax, we can live without them.

If i really cared, I would look up and see how much they do contribute to the local economy.........

"They" own half the property in Scottsdale, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler et al.

So any legit rumors on what ride Danica is gonna be in during the Daytona 500?

Wont be with CGR as of now, those talks broke down.
The only alternative for running both with one organization would be Penske.

If Ford still has big love for Danica, they may be able to influence the Daytona side of that.

Back
Top Bottom