SILLY SEASON 2018

Late models, big difference, there isn't one woman poised to even make a bid in Trucks or Xfinity, never mind Cup. In this day and age of dwindling sponsors, car counts, and butts in the seats, I don't see it happening.

And you could possibly be spot on. Only time will tell. And no one knows how much of a push will be made by the powers that be to promote a woman driver up through the ranks. Johanna looked respectable in lower tier equipment. so, it's hard to say.

And you could possibly be spot on. Only time will tell. And no one knows how much of a push will be made by the powers that be to promote a woman driver up through the ranks. Johanna looked respectable in lower tier equipment. so, it's hard to say.
I'm just being practical, I'd love to see it happen!

For good reason, why would they chance it after Danica in a sport in a major downturn?
Stranger things have happened. I doubt anyone for saw Danica making it to cup for so many years. Right girl--right sponsor, anything is possible especially when Nascar hits the bottom.

Amen to that. She kicked their butt on that particular day for sure.

If I ever had any money to start a team with some decent equipment in the truck or xfinity series.

She's always been on my radar, what she did with what she had in the truck and xfinity series was damn good. Not to mention when she had issues or got involved in wrecks... It really was not her fault for most of them. Her and Josh Berry would make a good team, I wish someone like a Johnny Davis would put her in one of his cars. Still, she needs some financial backing to make that next step for herself. I'd be a bigger fan of her than I would Danica, thats no offense to Danica. We have all witnessed just how good she is and can be.

Yeah, Madera has done a pretty good job of pushing their RPM Late Models and their using the JR Late Models as a feeder for it. I missed the 10k race that was televised last night, but 2 years ago I was helping a buddy who entered in the pits and I think they had near 80 entries. Any time you see that at a track something is going right.

Deegan will do well. Her Dad is smart and is a former athlete so he gets it. They have made the right connections out here on the West Coast to progress her career in the right manner. He is also moving her along at what seems like a good pace. She ran one or two of the full open late model races at Madera last year too so she is jumping right into the West series, but it is a young guns game these days. I think she could use some time in either the Southwest Tour or some Super Late Model series, but if the opportunity is there.......

She is in the 19 which I believe is Derek Kraus' old ride. Good team, great owner, amazing resources. In fact, McAnally just signed a 10 year deal to promote his home track in Roseville, CA. 8 dates this year and then full schedule moving forward. Rumor has it that he is looking to have a series similar to the Late Models at Madera so that the cars are essentially interchangeable. It wont be an open class like Madera's, just a 602 crate series.

I'm a little worried about moving her up to K&N this fast though. I'm sure they know what they're doing, but I'd run her in Late Models one more year.

Wait so is Kaulig going to expand to two cars?

Didn't say anything about Blake at all on their twitter and not to mention no sponsor is mentioned with the No. 11, meaning Leaf Filter will still sponsor Koch. At least that's what I'm assuming, I'm damn good at being wrong though.

I love watching this sport .. I love watching fast cars but come on man, this sport is all about money.. it don’t matter if u can drive or not.. as long as u bringing big bucks to the table your good .. kock just said his big sponsor was leaving so truex got the job smh..

Wait so is Kaulig going to expand to two cars?

Didn't say anything about Blake at all on their twitter and not to mention no sponsor is mentioned with the No. 11, meaning Leaf Filter will still sponsor Koch. At least that's what I'm assuming, I'm damn good at being wrong though.
yeah it did. Looks like Koch is out pounding the pavement

I love watching this sport .. I love watching fast cars but come on man, this sport is all about money.. it don’t matter if u can drive or not.. as long as u bringing big bucks to the table your good .. kock just said his big sponsor was leaving so truex got the job smh..

Ouch... Just like that, Koch just will disappear off the map.

Koch's a pretty good driver and has shown it, I hope someone picks him up. Dude has really opened some eyes the past couple of years.

Wow... His sponsor has been with him for some years, even when he was with Tri-Star... I hope he gets another ride, man that sucks.

Reading between the lines, I would say Truex with his performance brought speed and a sponsor to the table. It's a Chevy team, wondering if they will switch to yoters?

Glad that Truex has a ride again. Not so glad that Koch is without one so late in the game. Although, I do think Ryan will perform better than Blake.

Reading between the lines, I would say Truex with his performance brought speed and a sponsor to the table

Thats ****** brutal for Koch to say the least, Kaulig has grown at an exponential rate the past two years because of Koch. Now, he's shown the door without any type of plans for 2018.

Hendrick Motorsports hires accomplished engineer Alba Colon
Alba Colon, often credited for the success of the NASCAR program at Chevrolet and one of only a handful of female engineers to establish an extensive career in motorsports, has left the manufacturer for an executive position at Hendrick Motorsports.

The team confirmed Tuesday that it had hired Colon to oversee its competition systems group, a position formerly held by Darian Grubb, who will crew chief rookie William Byron this season.
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...-alba-colon-oversee-competition-systems-group

Happy that Truex has a ride for 2018

Don’t be silly.
Nascar hires GM executive.
HMS hires GM executive.
Gm is not doing so well the last 10 yrs in business. I doubt I would be looking at their
executives to be looking to the future. BUT I guess debts can be collected. Yes I am referring to the benefits that GM enjoyed in the past at the expense of other manufacturers.

Nascar hires GM executive.
HMS hires GM executive.
Gm is not doing so well the last 10 yrs in business. I doubt I would be looking at their
executives to be looking to the future. BUT I guess debts can be collected. Yes I am referring to the benefits that GM enjoyed in the past at the expense of other manufacturers.

Maybe the lesson is that if GM promoted their motorsports people to help run the company, they would be more successful as a company. I think one of the issues I see with the people that work on the motorsports side is at some point you hit a ceiling where either you have to take a far less interesting job in the company or you move on. Alba has had her current job since 2000, and if Mark Kent doesn't move on or move up, she has no path to promotion if she wants to stay in motorsports. I imagine some of these people get tired of dealing with the big corporate machine every day, and going to work at HMS is a dream job for most in the NASCAR world. The fact that HMS has had former GM people working for them for many years, and Ganassi just hired one of the former ones kind of blows up any notion that these people aren't good at what they do.

Maybe the lesson is that if GM promoted their motorsports people to help run the company, they would be more successful as a company. I think one of the issues I see with the people that work on the motorsports side is at some point you hit a ceiling where either you have to take a far less interesting job in the company or you move on. Alba has had her current job since 2000, and if Mark Kent doesn't move on or move up, she has no path to promotion if she wants to stay in motorsports. I imagine some of these people get tired of dealing with the big corporate machine every day, and going to work at HMS is a dream job for most in the NASCAR world. The fact that HMS has had former GM people working for them for many years, and Ganassi just hired one of the former ones kind of blows up any notion that these people aren't good at what they do.

I am the kind of business man that doesn't look to bankrupt corporations for executives.

I am the kind of business man that doesn't look to bankrupt corporations for executives.

Well in the first place, there are good people in most any organization, even really crappy ones, and in the big scheme of things we're not talking about high level executives in the day to day running of General Motors, and most of the seeds that led to GM's ultimate bankruptcy were sown before of the bulk of the people we're talking about even joined the company. And, whatever else GM was or was not doing, it would be hard to argue that the people in the motorsports department weren't doing a good job, and not just in NASCAR. Herb Fishel was a giant in the industry, GM racing teams had success with Doug Duchart at the helm and Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart combined for 8 Cup titles with Mark Kent as the boss, Alba Colon in the field, and Duchart working at HMS, and that's just the NASCAR stuff. GM racing has been a dominate force in Indy Cars, drag racing, sportscar racing and numerous other disciplines. A few months ago somebody was trying to run down Darian Grubb, and I responded that he could work for me ANY day of the week. Well, I feel the same way about Fishel, Duchart, Kent and Colon. You don't want them? Fine, send them my way. I'll GLADLY take them.

Rick could be beholden to some of those exec for many past favors.
Chip Ganassi just hired hired Duchart after he left HMS. Is Chip beholden to him too? Was Roger Penske beholden to Michael Kranefuss when he merged Kranefuss's team into his own? Could it actually be that these are really smart people that went to the top of their field and are valuable to team owners because they have intimate knowledge of the team/manufacturer relationship and know how both sides work and what each is looking for? In Alba's case, she was hired to an engineering oversight position, something she should be eminently qualified for as an engineer that has spent nearly her entire career at GM overseeing racing programs from a technical standpoint. She has had direct contact every week with HMS people for the last 17 years. She already knows the people, what they do and how they do it. I think that makes her somebody that could be effective from day one in her new job. I'm sorry, but it just seems you have some particular ax to grind in this deal. Do you openly question the people that Roger Penske and Joe Gibbs hire?

Chip Ganassi just hired hired Duchart after he left HMS. Is Chip beholden to him too? Was Roger Penske beholden to Michael Kranefuss when he merged Kranefuss's team into his own? Could it actually be that these are really smart people that went to the top of their field and are valuable to team owners because they have intimate knowledge of the team/manufacturer relationship and know how both sides work and what each is looking for? In Alba's case, she was hired to an engineering oversight position, something she should be eminently qualified for as an engineer that has spent nearly her entire career at GM overseeing racing programs from a technical standpoint. She has had direct contact every week with HMS people for the last 17 years. She already knows the people, what they do and how they do it. I think that makes her somebody that could be effective from day one in her new job. I'm sorry, but it just seems you have some particular ax to grind in this deal. Do you openly question the people that Roger Penske and Joe Gibbs hire?
I made no statements of absolutes. Don't put words in my mouth. If you don't like my ramblings use the button.

I made no statements of absolutes. Don't put words in my mouth. If you don't like my ramblings use the button.

I'm generally always interested in what people are thinking and what they have to say. You threw some stuff out there, I disagreed with it. If you have something compelling that might make me see it differently, I'd love to hear it. I think there are SEVERAL reasons why these people end up getting hired by the race teams, some of them for the purest of notions, and likely other times it IS a way of rewarding somebody for being a "team player", but unless that person was dealing in an underhanded way to favor one team over another, I have no issue with that. From what I have seen, Alba seemed to be universally loved in the NASCAR garage, so I doubt that is the issue here. It may just be as simple as she doesn't want to live out of a suitcase 38 weekends a year anymore, and expressed interest in a job opening she is qualified for working for people she already has a warm relationship with.

Back
Top Bottom