SILLY SEASON 2019

They could be....What if Ganassi is paying more for McMurray than Barney is willing to spend for Martin? Let's say McMurray makes 5 million and Martin 3 million. What I mean to say is that Ganassi could spend 4 million and get Martin. He spends less than he does now, but more than Barney. I am not sure that this is far from the truth in terms of Martin's salary being below what we might expect.....My logic could still be screwed....running out of IQ points...
Your logic follows, it's your starting assumptions that I question.

They could be....What if Ganassi is paying more for McMurray than Barney is willing to spend for Martin? Let's say McMurray makes 5 million and Martin 3 million. What I mean to say is that Ganassi could spend 4 million and get Martin. He spends less than he does now, but more than Barney. I am not sure that this is far from the truth in terms of Martin's salary being below what we might expect.....My logic could still be screwed....running out of IQ points...

Money man. Is it not a slap in the face if the reigning champion gets low balled?
But....how do we know he’s getting lowballed?

Kurt and Newman as RCR teammates.

Just stew on that a moment.

Nah...

yeah I think SHR will continue to let that rumor continue, keeps his name out there. They did a good job with it last year.

But....how do we know he’s getting lowballed?

We really don't, but I think that he took less to stay with Barney on the last contract....and I am concerned that they are not in a signing Martin at all costs mode. This thing feels weird.

We really don't, but I think that he took less to stay with Barney on the last contract....and I am concerned that they are not in a signing Martin at all costs mode. This thing feels weird.

I think you are on to something. I am 90 % sure he is back at FRR but 10% is more than I would expect for a defending champion. I don't think that SHR of CGR is that crazy.

This leaked a day or two prior, but good to see the confirmation...

Bubba Wallace signs extension with Richard Petty Motorsports

LONG POND, Pa. -- Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr. has signed a contract extension with Richard Petty Motorsports that will keep him in the seat of the No. 43 car through 2020, and he didn't think twice about wanting to stick with the team.

Not that he really had time to think about any offers.

Wallace said his Hall of Fame owner Petty told him three weeks ago -- while Wallace was asleep in his motorhome at Daytona -- that the organization was picking up a two-year option.

"I was asleep on my couch in Daytona when he comes barreling into my bus, when he says, 'Hey, we're going to do the next two years with you,'" Wallace said Saturday morning at Pocono Raceway. "I'm like, 'OK, great.'

"It was just like that. And I went back to sleep. ... I didn't have no idea [it was coming]."

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...-contract-extension-richard-petty-motorsports

The rookie class isn't going to be great next year. XNS is really not helping build the future now it's made up of mainly has beens that already had their chance. Bell is the only one
that could come up next year that's worth anything

The rookie class isn't going to be great next year. XNS is really not helping build the future now it's made up of mainly has beens that already had their chance. Bell is the only one
Custer needs one or two more years and hemric will be ready in the next couple years

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My top 10 prospects and my eta for their arrival to cup....

1. Bell ready 2019 most likely 2020
2. Custer 2020
3. Hemric 2020
4. Reddick 2020
5. Nemechek 2021
6. Cindric 2022
7. Briscoe 2022
8. Gragson 2022
9. Gilliland 2022
10. Burton 2023

Some seats will open up in the next three seasons (Harvick, McMurray, Newman, Menard, Johnson, Kurt Busch, etc.), and these will be the guys to fill them. I suspect most of these will either move up by then or be gone. If nothing else is available, owners will hold them in a lower-tier ride if necessary.

Few teams are willing to carry a driver in a developmental series for more than three years these days.

Some seats will open up in the next three seasons (Harvick, McMurray, Newman, Menard, Johnson, Kurt Busch, etc.), and these will be the guys to fill them. I suspect most of these will either move up by then or be gone. If nothing else is available, owners will hold them in a lower-tier ride if necessary.

Few teams are willing to carry a driver in a developmental series for more than three years these days.
As long as Harvick is kicking ass and taking names I don't see him leaving the sport

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My top 10 prospects and my eta for their arrival to cup....

1. Bell ready 2019 most likely 2020
2. Custer 2020
3. Hemric 2020
4. Reddick 2020
5. Nemechek 2021
6. Cindric 2022
7. Briscoe 2022
8. Gragson 2022
9. Gilliland 2022
10. Burton 2023
Possible put Majeski on there. Junior talked about liking Majeski last year maybe he goes to JRM and is the replacement for Jimmie in 2021. Hemric will be 28 by next season GMS gets RCR support I wonder if Haley is more the future for RCR

As long as Harvick is kicking ass and taking names I don't see him leaving the sport
Yeah I'm pretty sure his current contract goes through 2022
Okay, that's one. My point is there will be seats opening, and the named X drivers will move into them. Some of them won't be ready, some will never be ready, but there's nothing new about that.

Hemric is 27 though
A lot of drivers never got to cup until in their 30's and some still won in their 50's.
I can see drivers being held in the Xfinity series up to 5 yrs now while they wait for the big money.
I don't see drivers walking away from the sport because they are only making $300,0000 a year.
I figure Jones is about the last driver to force a promotion.

Cup series is going to end up being Kyle Busch vs the kids. I've seen that show before ;)

Just thought I'd throw in some predictions…

-McMurray stays at CGR for two more years until Nemechek replaces him
-Kenseth goes for a full season in the 6
-Gallagher starts a Cup team with Allgaier as the driver of the 23
-Newman stays at RCR for one more year until Hemric replaces him
-Furniture Row re-opens the 77 with Bell as the driver
-LFR switches to Toyota but keeps Kahne as the driver and doesn't add a second full-time car

Xfinity:
-Shane Lee goes full-time in the 3
-JR Motorsports fires Michael Annett and replaces him with Ross Chastain
-Joey Gase replaces Chastain in the 4
-Allgaier goes to Cup and Kyle Benjamin takes over the 7
-Roush adds a second car full-time for Briscoe
-Gragson replaces Bell in the 20
-Yeley replaces Gase in the 35
-Nemechek goes full-time in the 42

TRD loved the year with Kahne before he went to Hendrick, and I have no doubt would like him back in the capacity mentioned. Might be a great thing for Kasey as well. I would like it. My take is that TRD might be chasing Levine for some insurance if something drastic happens to FRR. Gives you a replacement team with a guy who would be in place for another year to get ready for Bell. Seems like a good fit.

-LFR switches to Toyota but keeps Kahne as the driver and doesn't add a second full-time car

Xfinity:
Jr resigned Annett to a multiyear deal a few weeks back

Xfinity:

I agree with your predictions as far as a cup series go.

in the Xfinity series Chase Briscoe is not going to be part of the Roush plan he's going to be part of the Stewart-Haas plan and Michael and that sign an extension with JR Motorsports so that's not going to happen. $$$

Good stuff, Bell isn't going to cup next year, at least Gibbs doesn't think so.
another year to get ready for Bell.
Bell is saying if an opportunity comes along in cup he is taking it.
Dude is 23. Patience, kid. The infield is littered with the careers of those who came up too early. Run another year, pick up an X title (or a second) and the seat time, maybe run some Cup races with a part-time team, and wait for Denny's seat to open up.

This is pretty interesting about Bell. The preacher is saying he will stay in Xfinity. Bell is saying if an opportunity comes along in cup he is taking it. Go get em Ganassi :p

https://sports.yahoo.com/christopher-bell-prefer-not-waste-201656188.html

The road course ought to settle him down a bit. He just might be humbled. Kind of funny really....Regarding our road course discussions.....I don't think a driver can just do the "Shucks, I'm not good at those," anymore with three of them on the schedule and one in the Playoffs. If it is a skill set he lacks, it is justifiable that he stays put to work on it.

Back
Top Bottom