SILLY SEASON 2019

Been traveling a lot lately for work and not keeping up, is Suarez still the front runner for the 41?

New paint scheme for Kurt at Ganassi is pretty sick but the font on the 1 needs a redo.

I'd like to see Bubba Wallace in a quality ride like the 41 car but I suppose this Suarez thing is a done deal with the deep pocketed big time sponsors he brings along.

I'd like to see Bubba Wallace in a quality ride like the 41 car but I suppose this Suarez thing is a done deal with the deep pocketed big time sponsors he brings along.
I'd like to see it too, but at this point I'm not really sure hes earned it. The RFR equipment he ran in the Xfinity series was pretty good and he never managed a win, and in cup besides the 500 he didn't really show much by way of results. In fact from what I recall he tore up a bunch of equipment. He needs to learn to just take what the car has instead of driving it too hard and stuffing it in the wall.

I'd have a lot more respect for the guy if he out performs his equipment gets noticed and moves up than showing up and buying a ride.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd like to see it too, but at this point I'm not really sure hes earned it. The RFR equipment he ran in the Xfinity series was pretty good and he never managed a win, and in cup besides the 500 he didn't really show much by way of results. In fact from what I recall he tore up a bunch of equipment. He needs to learn to just take what the car has instead of driving it too hard and stuffing it in the wall.

I'd have a lot more respect for the guy if he out performs his equipment gets noticed and moves up than showing up and buying a ride.

Did Aric Almirola out perform the equipment in that 43 car? I'm asking because I don't know. I'm not being smart aleck or anything. It's never been a good car (not since the late 70's anyway). Aric's only win in it was a strategy call at a July Daytona race where he stayed out when everyone else pitted then the heavens opened up and they called it a race. I don't really remember him being a top 10 car. Or top 15 either.

Bubba is a raw talent and I believe if he was at Stewart Haas with those veterans he'd flourish. And I think many things could be said about Bubba Wallace, one way or another, but him buying a ride with sponsorship money ain't one of them. That's more akin to Almirola or Suarez and that's not to knock them in any way. Because if you can't bring any money to play you're not going to get anywhere in Nascar. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Did Aric Almirola out perform the equipment in that 43 car? I'm asking because I don't know. I'm not being smart aleck or anything. It's never been a good car. Aric's only win in it was a strategy call at a July Daytona race where he stayed out when everyone else pitted then the heavens opened up and they called it a race. I don't really remember him being a top 10 car. Or top 15 either.

Bubba is a raw talent and I believe at Stewart Haas with those veterans he'd learn and flourish. And I think many things could be said about Bubba Wallace, one way or another, but him buying a ride with sponsorship money ain't one of them. That's more akin to Almirola or Suarez and that's not to knock them in any way. Because if you can't bring any money to play you're not going to get anywhere in Nascar. It is what it is.
I never remember Aric tearing up a bunch of equipment and to me he showed promise and it looked like a lack of equipment. But to be honest it's not really apples to apples. Aric brought more sponsorship dollars with Smithfield than bubba did so you expect Aric to have better equipment.

I'd love to see bubba make it in the sport and I think it'd be great for the sport, but I don't see him in a top quality ride until he takes care of the equipment and gets some quality finishes (IMO consistently around 15-20th).

Hmmmm..... I don't see it. But in today's NASCAR, who knows? I can't imagine where he'd fit. And I wonder if he'd settle for a third tier ride?
He said no full time Xfinity or trucks but would entertain the idea of a few fill ins.
Sure could help a newer team find set ups.

No offense to Jamie, but does this sport REALLY need any more analysts? It seem like we more of them than we do drivers.
?

I like Jamie just fine, but what could he possibly bring to the table that we haven't already heard? What new observations might he have? On the up side, he can't be worse than Jeff Burton or Letarte. We'll know soon enough.

I like Jamie just fine, but what could he possibly bring to the table that we haven't already heard? What new observations might he have? On the up side, he can't be worse than Jeff Burton or Letarte. We'll know soon enough.

Or Mikey Waldrip

All great looking schemes

I think they look fine also. Not only do I not care about the number, those look to be puter photos and not the real thing. I am going to enjoy Hemric in cup. My opinion I have formed by watching him is hard to describe, I guess smart would be the one word, or he doesn't do anything stupid.

I think the 43 team will be fine, but they need more longer-term sponsorship. I hope that World Wide Technologies stays on, Click N' Close was only for two races. I'm surprised NASCAR made them the "Official Morgage Sponsor" so quickly. They didn't really do a lot to move the needle unlike a Quicken Loans has done for years.

One thing I would like to see is NASCAR do like the NFL and get Twitch involved. Twitch is booming right now and to get more eyes on the product would be great IMHO. Its been quite a success with the experiment and a whole lot of NASCAR fans watch iRacing via Twitch. They need to start tapping some of these streaming services.

Could have something to do with when the Three was brought out. Put a crappy looking number on the thing and when fans complain put the old school number back on. Reverse fancology right?

I use this as an example, RCR couldn't do this with open arms when they started running the three. Now they are making direct copies and nobody cares

I love that Bass Pro shops scheme for Austin, both RCR cars look pretty good. Hope they can park it in VL a few times in 2019

Back
Top Bottom