SILLY SEASON 2019

Interesting that Blickensderfer left RPM. Wonder who win CC the 43? I get the feeling that team may not make it the whole season.

I always got the feeling he didn't really care for Bubba. Just based on some radio chatter that I heard on Race Hub. That might be a total misunderstanding on my part though. I'm not a fly on the wall. That's only based from a small snippet during the heat of a race and not by any means the whole picture. Bubba was joking on the radio and of course he was probably running 30th or so, that's when Drew chewed him out over getting serious about racing, or something like that.

I always got the feeling he didn't really care for Bubba. Just based on some radio chatter that I heard on Race Hub. That might be a total misunderstanding on my part though. I'm not a fly on the wall. That's only based from a small snippet during the heat of a race and not by any means the whole picture. Bubba was joking on the radio and of course he was probably running 30th or so, that's when Drew chewed him out over getting serious about racing, or something like that.

He should have chewed out the owner for the same thing :D

Blickensderfer is a garbage crew chief from what a lot of people have said from his days at Roush, etc. The funding is a bigger issue, but I feel like it isn't a loss.

the acquisition of First Data could mean an end of the year drop for Ganassi when a different set of Ceo's and beancounters get a hold of the books

the acquisition is not expected to impact First Data's deal with the NASCAR team, person familiar tells @SBJSBD:
What information do you have that says differently

the acquisition is not expected to impact First Data's deal with the NASCAR team, person familiar tells @SBJSBD:
What information do you have that says differently
heck I don't know. recently how many companies have changed CEO's and dropped sponsorship? hmm lets see, Target, Lowes, Go Daddy. Ya think it "could" be a possibility? that is the "could" in what I said, I didn't say it was for certain. As snake bit as Ganassi has been lately, I bet he isn't jumping for joy.

heck I don't know. recently how many companies have changed CEO's and dropped sponsorship? hmm lets see, Target, Lowes, Go Daddy. Ya think it "could" be a possibility? that is the "could" in what I said, I didn't say it was for certain.
and so the acquisition isn't the culprit, they could just change a few board members for the same result. In most cases, contracts are usually honored and then changes are made. That can happen to any sponsor for any team.

Seems to happen quite regularly when they switch CEO's that being the common thread. This bunch is rooting up the whole company also. Sure I hope nothing changes for Ganassi, but I sure the hell won't be shocked, surprised and dismayed, if it happens. It's pretty common to look good by cutting expenses for the stock holders, but is sometimes sucks for racing teams.

Good deal for Hemric and Reddick

Richard Childress Racing Extends Partnership with Alsco for 2019

Richard Childress Racing has renewed its partnership with Alsco, the premier linen and uniform rental business, into the 2019 NASCAR season. Alsco will serve as an associate partner for the full year on both No. 8 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, piloted by Daniel Hemric in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, and the No. 2 Chevrolet Camaro, driven by Tyler Reddick in the NASCAR Xfinity Series.

In addition to an associate partnership, Alsco will serve as the co-primary partner on Hemric’s Camaro ZL1 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, in conjunction with Alsco’s and RCR’s shared relationship with uniform supplier VF Workwear. Alsco will also appear as the primary partner on Reddick’s Camaro during the Alsco 300 at Kentucky Speedway later this year.

https://www.rcrracing.com/news-media/news/2019/01/16/alsco-partnership-hemric-reddick-2019/

The rise and fall of Furniture Row Racing officially signals the start of the permanent underclass in NASCAR.

Rule 1: Know your place.

Beat the mothership (especially if you Win a Cup Championship) as an alliance team —

then you must be destroyed.

McDriver gets more work

Ross Chastain and Reid Wilson to drive for Niece Motorsports in 2019

STATESVILLE, N.C. (Jan. 18, 2019) - NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) winner Ross Chastain will pilot the No. 45 TrüNorth™ Chevrolet Silverado for Niece Motorsports during the 2019 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) season-opening event at Daytona International Speedway.

Chastain and Reid Wilson will share the No. 45 TrüNorth™ Chevrolet Silverado during the 2019 NGOTS season.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/trucks/2...tain-reid-wilson-drive-niece-motorsports-2019

‘How can we be upset?’: Ross Chastain discusses losing Ganassi ride, hopeful future
“If you would have told me six months ago, right, that I was going to drive for Chip Ganassi, I was going to win a race (at Las Vegas), I was going to finish second in a race (at Richmond) and I was going to crash – for the win – in a race (at Darlington) with a very high-profile driver (Kevin Harvick) and he was going to say a bunch of bad things about me and I was going to come back the next race in that car and win? I would have told you you were crazy. …

“We talked through all that and realized ‘Man, what we would have given six months ago to have all this happen,'” Chastain said. “‘How can we be upset?'”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/0...discusses-losing-ganassi-ride-hopeful-future/

Im sure Jay Robinson is happy. But he should honestly just get moved to the 1 Cup car after Kurt retires.

The rise and fall of Furniture Row Racing officially signals the start of the permanent underclass in NASCAR.

Rule 1: Know your place.

Beat the mothership (especially if you Win a Cup Championship) as an alliance team —

then you must be destroyed.

Fresh perspective. Nobody has said anything like that since FRR demise.

It went from this:
giphy.gif

To this:
DD21B748396C1A670C2A73D7F14420260998A9FA

In two years.

Kyle Busch Part of New Group to Build Late Models & More

“In order to keep the Truck Series side of the business consistent not only for KBM, but for the customers that we already have purchasing our truck chassis, the operation of making truck chassis will remain in our building with Rudy (Fugle) being a huge part of watching over that,” Busch clarified. “The needs for Super Late Models, ARCA, K&N, Xfinity, Cup, all of that will be at the new location once we get that up and going.”

https://speed51.com/kyle-busch-part-of-new-group-to-build-late-models-more/

Seems to happen quite regularly when they switch CEO's that being the common thread. This bunch is rooting up the whole company also. Sure I hope nothing changes for Ganassi, but I sure the hell won't be shocked, surprised and dismayed, if it happens. It's pretty common to look good by cutting expenses for the stock holders, but is sometimes sucks for racing teams.

If Nascar provided a reasonable ROI the sponsors would stay. Due to the downturn and demographics of Nascar many companies have bailed and moved to sports that offer what they want and need. The sponsors should not be criticized for swimming to greener pastures as Nascar owes them not the other way around like some seem to feel.

If Nascar provided a reasonable ROI the sponsors would stay. Due to the downturn and demographics of Nascar many companies have bailed and moved to sports that offer what they want and need. The sponsors should not be criticized for swimming to greener pastures as Nascar owes them not the other way around like some seem to feel.
I have doubts they'll leave before the end of the current contract. Beyond that, it's every man for himself, as it should be.

It's something that does happen regularly when CEO's change or companies are bought out and switch to a different direction like Lowes has recently. What are they now? the home improvement sponsor of the NFL..lol.

Back
Top Bottom