SILLY SEASON 2019

for sure, the car will be no excuse, should be interesting to see what he can do.

No doubt, I respect the hell out of Jr as well for not giving his nephew a ride because of his last name. He has to really earn his keep, well Jr and company did sign Michael Annett. To much Pale Ale that night when they extended his contract.

No doubt, I respect the hell out of Jr as well for not giving his nephew a ride because of his last name. He has to really earn his keep, well Jr and company did sign Michael Annett. To much Pale Ale that night when they extended his contract.
I think it smelled like money in the room. Annett's sponsor has super huge money.

Good for Jeffrey, I know it’s not the cool thing to root for him or wish him well but I hope he goes out and wins a race or does well with this opportunity. It’s refreshing to see him work his way toward a good ride even as he approaches 30 years old, has an old school feel to it. Amusing to hear everyone comment on his “skill level” when I’ve seen people root for “The Di Burrito”, Ross Chastain, Ryan Preece, Ricky Stenhouse, Ryan Sieg and Jeremy Clements. I guess Jeffrey doesnt deserve an opportunity compared to those guys, those Social Media darlings.

Damn, didn’t expect that one. I’ll be rooting for Jeffrey. He’ll get the chance to show what he’s capable of. Good or bad.

Good for Jeffrey, I know it’s not the cool thing to root for him or wish him well but I hope he goes out and wins a race or does well with this opportunity. It’s refreshing to see him work his way toward a good ride even as he approaches 30 years old, has an old school feel to it. Amusing to hear everyone comment on his “skill level” when I’ve seen people root for “The Di Burrito”, Ross Chastain, Ryan Preece, Ricky Stenhouse, Ryan Sieg and Jeremy Clements. I guess Jeffrey doesnt deserve an opportunity compared to those guys, those Social Media darlings.
Preece, Chastain, Stenhouse all have proven track records many magnitudes better than Jeff, even outside of the NASCAR national series. I can't say much about Eggs Benedict or Sieg but even Clements won an Xfinity road course race in his own stuff. And besides Preece none of them have had the opportunity to drive the best Xfinity stuff around like Jeff will.

Honestly Snappy the guys you mentioned have all done well in what they have to earn that opprotunity. DiBendetto was in an unsponsored car for years and did well in what he had. Not to mention he's great at marketing himself. Chastain and Preece earned their keep in limited running with big teams. Stenhouse is a good driver in winning with Roush, even in the lean years they are going through now. Sieg and Clements are the best of the rest when it comes to their small family owned teams.

Jeffery never really impressed me, but maybe with a better car he can show some glimpses of talent and show how good he can be. He's still green to stock car racing only doing it for five years, too.

Cool story bro moment, or kind of maybe a cool story, when we went to the night Bristol race earlier this year. We were walking around outside near some haulers selling t-shirts and whatnot. We walked by a tent or something with 3 or 4 people standing in it and paid it no attention. As we passed by it I heard someone behind us in that general direction say to a little kid "hey kid you wanta meet a nascar driver?". And so I turned and it was Jeffrey Earnhardt and they introduced him to the kid.

Then all of a sudden the heavens opened up and it came an awful downpour. We ended up taking shelter under that tent with the kid, his parents, Jeffrey Earnhardt and his posse for about 5 minutes. We thought the race wasn't gonna happen. But the rain stopped and we made our way to our seats. And Kurt Busch won what had to have been the best race all year from start to finish. Then, when the race was over the heavens opened up again.

We also saw an Earnhardt Sr lookalike that day wearing an old Goodwrench uniform taking selfies with the fans. Weird yeah I know. I dunno what this has to do with silly season other than good luck Jeffrey Earnhardt in that JGR Xfinity ride next year. He made a kid's day. But honestly if no-one had said anything I dont think the 3 or 4 of us that saw that would have known him from the man in the moon.

Absent an engine failure, a parts failure, a tire failure, a speeding penalty, a crew member penalty, or a competitor taking Harvick out, he is most likely going to win at Phoenix. NASCAR wants that to happen so they can have their Big Three showdown at Homestead.

If NASCAR is rigging things to ensure Harvick is in the Final Four, why didn't they just look the other way regarding the spoiler? :idunno:

Sucks Kurt is leaving SHR. He may get one or two more wins at CGR but probably going to fade out from here.

Junior tried to work with his nephew who didn't bother to show up for the meeting.

Kurt is a major upgrade for Jaime Mac. I think Larson and Ku. Busch can surprise folks next year.

I'm not so sure that is the case if you consider next year's package. Jamie has always done well on the restrictor plate races and the 1.5 milers. Now the 19 package is basically combining those two. I think Kurt is in for a surprise when he finds out CGR equipment isn't nearly as good as SHR equipment.

People keep talking like it was Kurt's idea to leave SHR for CGR. I get the impression it was not his decision. For better or worse, GCR was probably the best option he had. Based on what Larson has done, Kurt should at least get some looks at winning races. Whether it happens or not, who's to say?

I'm not so sure that is the case if you consider next year's package. Jamie has always done well on the restrictor plate races and the 1.5 milers. Now the 19 package is basically combining those two. I think Kurt is in for a surprise when he finds out CGR equipment isn't nearly as good as SHR equipment.
Sadly I think Kurt is well aware he's taking a downgrade. But as he did at the #78, he's shown he can elevate the ride with his skills. Now add yet another car package...who the heck knows who's gonna figure it out first and best.

A lot of what happens at CGR will depend on his crew. The best drivers can't win without
a winning crew backing him up.

looks like Jeremy Mayfield will be back, possibly doing last truck race of season, and some sort of ride in 2019 with Copp

Back
Top Bottom