SILLY SEASON 2019

It amazes me that a team can go from 5 cars in the chase to 2 mid pack cars. At some point you didn't get a little off track
I recall they never got a handle on the COT, and it's been downhill from there.

Anybody that's shocked hasn't been paying attention. No point in developing drivers until you can field some Cup cars they'll want to move up to.

Still waiting, Go with Daniel, Go with Trevor, Go with Dinger, Go with SOMEONE !

And if Daniel does not bring a sponsor? Do they still select him? At what price? He is a bigger draw than anyone else available, but it is about how the cookie crumbles. I just think Stewart -Hass should have had those crumbs cleaned up by now. This affects a lot of Items that have to be in place.... really already.

Wow... Good lord what a turn of events. Chastain just got ****** over badly. Man, just goes to show big of a deal DC Solar is to CGR. Lets hope those holes can be filled on the Cup side as well for Larson and Ku. Busch.

Chastain still have a ride with Premium in the 15, but I think this year was going to be his year in getting that Xfinity championship. I'm confident the 42 team will be back in 2020.

And if Daniel does not bring a sponsor? Do they still select him? At what price? He is a bigger draw than anyone else available, but it is about how the cookie crumbles. I just think Stewart -Hass should have had those crumbs cleaned up by now. This affects a lot of Items that have to be in place.... really already.

You have to remember that the 41 car is pretty much the only higher level ride that's open right now. I'm pretty sure that it will just go to the highest bidder in terms of sponsor dollars.

If Gene is looking at having to fund the majority of the team by putting Haas on the car again this year what is the rush to name a driver at this point? If he's spending his own money I think he's got a handful of guys he can choose from and I don't think Daniel is at the top of that list. To me if Daniel wants the ride hes the one that needs to pick it up and get the sponsor signed.

The team still has to have a little time to Meet and Greet, Fit and Fuss, Jack and Jaw if they hope to have anything for Daytona

Okay, so who do you see at the top of that list? Edwards? :D
The first one that comes to mind would be Kenseth. I think if you offered him that ride he'd consider running a full season. Next ones that come to mind Custer (hes already in house), Justin Allgaier and Jamie McMurray.

I'm not saying Daniel is bad, I'm just saying that if Gene was spending his own money I don't think he'd be the top choice. Look at all the drivers hes put his name of the car for in past, all veteran drivers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The first one that comes to mind would be Kenseth. I think if you offered him that ride he'd consider running a full season. Next ones that come to mind Custer (hes already in house), Justin Allgaier and Jamie McMurray.

I'm not saying Daniel is bad, I'm just saying that if Gene was spending his own money I don't think he'd be the top choice. Look at all the drivers hes put his name of the car for in past, all veteran drivers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think Kenseth's done. Maybe if the seat had been open last year, but not now. Custer and Allgaier are hardly veterans when compared to the others Gene's picked in the past (although they're more experienced than Suarez).

Regardless, Suarez is going to get in the car.

yep silly season isn't over by a long shot this year. I don't know how unfortunate it is. Grala ran a few lower series last year I believe, Moffitt should find a ride in a series somewhere, Chastain has some cup rides already and surely will find some more rides, after all, he calls himself McDriver.

https://www.stewarthaasracing.com/Daniel-Suarez-Joins-Stewart-Haas-Racing/

2019-DS-Social-Media-Graphic.jpg-1200x800.jpeg

Damn, a lot of talented guys with no seats available. Quite unfortunate to see, but I have a feeling all of them outside of Reed will have something.
It's a shame some of these companies hitch their name to a so-so driver instead of somebody with talent that can actually do something in the sport.

About time for the 41 announcement, I expect some of the delay was for the 19 to get more sponsorship so it would not fight Arris leaving or something similar. All these Machinations are expected by some. I don't expect or accept them well, grumble, grumble. But as one without a financial stake I guess my grumbles don't really count. Well now I can order a Tee shirt.

Excellent! Two years to learn Cup and tear up JGR equipment -- and now onto another quality team to check his progress and further his development.

He can offer his input/info on the Camry chassis, handling, and set up vs the new Mustang -- don't know if powerplant comparison will mean anything with the new 2019 formula...

Looks like Haas is going to be footing most of the bill again. That Arris patch on his fire suit is awfully small.

I'm glad Daniel Suarez finally is announced in the 41... and immediately off to Fontana for tire testing. The SHR press release did not use the word "multiyear," but my recollection is that Escuderia Telmex has generally operated with one-year deals for decades in F1 and elsewhere (could be wrong).

It's good... no, it's great... to have Telmex/American Movil involved in Nascar as part of their marketing strategy. And Arris on the hood is very welcome too. Daniel Suarez is potentially one of the most important guys in the Nascar garage, and I wish good luck for him in the 41.

I believe Suarez is on a better team, better fit. He had a whole bunch to say about his crew chief, they both are hands on the car and not living behind a computer screen, hope it works out for him, he would be a good one to have a good year.

He's in a great situation with great teammates and you already know Tony is going to do his best as a mentor as well. I expect Daniel to perform well, maybe not win, but work on that consistency for sure this coming season.

Stewart Haas drivers always seem like a team that meshes and gets along really well for whatever reasons. I've never really had that same feeling about JGR especially since Edwards and Kenseth left. But that's just my opinion from the outside looking in. It'll be a good environment for Saurez. Harvick is a great mentor for younger drivers.

Stewart Haas drivers always seem like a team that meshes and gets along really well for whatever reasons. I've never really had that same feeling about JGR especially since Edwards and Kenseth left. But that's just my opinion from the outside looking in. It'll be a good environment for Saurez. Harvick is a great mentor for younger drivers.

SHR sure seems like a patient team. They hung in as long as possible with Danica. When Kurt was getting drug through the mud by the troll, they were patient. Clint didn't come out of the box super competitive, but they gave him a year and he won 2 races. Hope they continue this trend because I think Suarez is a good fit, and with Amirola they could be the future of SHR. It will be interesting to watch.

I will contiune on with the, wow, didnt see this one coming, totally shocked.

On a serious note, I am torn sad that Kurt isnt in this seat anymore, but happy that Daniel is taking it over, I think he has the talent to be a front runner in the Cup Series if he is given the right equipment.

I'm excited about this move, I think he's going to integrate with the team pretty well...I think we'll see some more of his personality come out.

I'm glad Daniel Suarez finally is announced in the 41... and immediately off to Fontana for tire testing. The SHR press release did not use the word "multiyear," but my recollection is that Escuderia Telmex has generally operated with one-year deals for decades in F1 and elsewhere (could be wrong).

It's good... no, it's great... to have Telmex/American Movil involved in Nascar as part of their marketing strategy. And Arris on the hood is very welcome too. Daniel Suarez is potentially one of the most important guys in the Nascar garage, and I wish good luck for him in the 41.

I hope that's the case. Stability is what he needs right now.

Back
Top Bottom