Silly Season 2020

I sincerely doubt JTG will find a better driver for that 37, because any driver better than Buescher wouldn't be willing to take it. He's the best they can hope for, and they should be making every effort they can to keep him in the seat. Although I would love to see him get a chance with a better team. I think he's outperformed his equipment his whole career. Personally, he's my favorite non-Hendrick driver and I would love to see him at HMS after Jimmie retires.
I agree. And I think JTGD *is* trying to keep Buescher. The Kroger deal is up for renewal, and teams usually try to sign contracts for main sponsor and driver concurrently. And Buescher's comments in that article Snappy linked sounded very normal and very optimistic to me. Major commitments from big corporations often seem to inch forward at the pace of a glacier. I think this one will happen in due course... at least I hope it does.

I think if JTG just put all of the resources into Buescher he could be a yearly chase contender in points. But I also like preece and don’t want him to lose his ride so oh well

I sincerely doubt JTG will find a better driver for that 37, because any driver better than Buescher wouldn't be willing to take it. He's the best they can hope for, and they should be making every effort they can to keep him in the seat. Although I would love to see him get a chance with a better team. I think he's outperformed his equipment his whole career. Personally, he's my favorite non-Hendrick driver and I would love to see him at HMS after Jimmie retires.

I kind of wrote him off because it was hard to tell how good he was in sub par equipment. This season since around Bristol early in the season I have noticed he runs consistently around 12th to 18th consistently even scoring occasional top 10's and stage points. His teammate is a rookie so no doubt he will be better next season but it says something seeing him running 10 positions ahead or even a lap or two ahead most of the time. Somehow I could picture him and Bubba Wallace winning races and being contenders had Roush not have declined and could still run 4 competitive cars week in and out.

I kind of wrote him off because it was hard to tell how good he was in sub par equipment. This season since around Bristol early in the season I have noticed he runs consistently around 12th to 18th consistently even scoring occasional top 10's and stage points. His teammate is a rookie so no doubt he will be better next season but it says something seeing him running 10 positions ahead or even a lap or two ahead most of the time. Somehow I could picture him and Bubba Wallace winning races and being contenders had Roush not have declined and could still run 4 competitive cars week in and out.
Roush if they still were thriving and had 4 cars...can you imagine the drivers? Newman, Bubba, Buescher, and maybe Kenseth sticks around or maybe it’s Stenhouse I don’t know...I would be in love with that driver line up that’s for sure.

Roush if they still were thriving and had 4 cars...can you imagine the drivers? Newman, Bubba, Buescher, and maybe Kenseth sticks around or maybe it’s Stenhouse I don’t know...I would be in love with that driver line up that’s for sure.
Roush lost all of that sponsorship over the years.

Crazy they were struggling like they were. They have a bit more stability now, but man Roush has shed a lot over the past five-six years. I hope one day they can get back into the Xfinity series to compete again.

Buescher would be a great addition, but Stenhouse is signed on for another two years. If, Reddick can get some funding if he's not able to stay in the RCR stable. It would be cool to see the 97 or 99 on track again. Reddick has small personal sponsors (Tame the Beast and Hurdl), but I doubt its enough to start a new team within Roush.

I'm still an advocate of Bubba staying with RPM and building with the team. The speed and results are starting to show for them. Bubba does have sponsorship, but once again probably not enough to start a new team within an organization. Buescher is too good of a prospect to let walk like that and with his performance he should be back in the 37 next year. All depends on what Kroger's plans are...

This business is brutal, I hate how brutal it is at times.:(

I hope we see Paul run the Daytona 500, Brickyard, maybe a road course in an R&D Penske/WBR car along with Road America and a maybe another Xfinity race or 2.
I think he'd tear it up in the Truck series

I think Chris Buescher replaces Johnson once he retires.
I think it would be cool to see and I'm sure Hendrick already has someone in mind when the time comes.

They've shown in the past that JRM is their farm team so I would think that would be the first place to look for a replacement

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think it would be cool to see and I'm sure Hendrick already has someone in mind when the time comes.

They've shown in the past that JRM is their farm team so I would think that would be the first place to look for a replacement

Hendrick will sign the best driver they can get. Gragson isn't a Hendrick guy, and hasn't shown much in Trucks or Xfinity.

Hendrick will sign the best driver they can get. Gragson isn't a Hendrick guy, and hasn't shown much in Trucks or Xfinity.

huh? he came in second in the truck series and he set out and missed a race. He's solidly in the playoffs his rookie year in Xfinity

He's in the "Driver's Edge" program for JRM, GMS, and Chevrolet. Gragson isn't going anywhere, he's a Hendrick guy for certain. Good shoe, I'd like to see him win before the season is out. He's continuing to progress well and will be back with JRM next season.

He's in the "Driver's Edge" program for JRM, GMS, and Chevrolet. Gragson isn't going anywhere, he's a Hendrick guy for certain. Good shoe, I'd like to see him win before the season is out. He's continuing to progress well and will be back with JRM next season.
7 top 5's so far in an off year for Jr motorsports isn't a bad start, rook of they year also. He seems to race smart to me, stays out of trouble, and seems like he is in it for the long run. Could be wrong, but he is signed up for next year and I think the second year he will get some wins. Decent road racer besides the ovals.

wow I feel awful for Daniel. Thought RC would at least give him another year and maybe miraculously find sponsorship to move Tyler up to a 29/31 car. At this point it just feels like RCR's Cup Program is a huge dumpster fire and its just rearranging chairs on the Titanic. Hemric hasnt set the world on fire this year but neither has the owner's grandson that drives the flagship car of the organization. Its not good when both of your drivers miss the playoffs in a 16 car field. Wonder if Caterpillar is sticking around for this or if they will shop their sponsorship elsewhere?

Hemrick out. Tyler Reddick, come on down!

Wow. That's really sad. There has to be more to this story than just lack of performance. Hemric's average finish this year is 22.7 compared to Dillon's 20.2...not a significant difference at all. And especially with this being Hemric's first season in Cup that's pretty impressive he's hanging tight with Dillon, the veteran. Hemric even has a top 5 this season...Austin does not.

My goodness, what a grimey business
Yep, it is.

The thing is Hemric had opprotunties to win and did not at times the last two season. RC and company sees Reddick as an upgrade to Hemric. Everyone knows I've been high on Hemric since his NTS days in trucks, but what kills him at the end of the day? Zero wins in either development series, Reddick is up to like 9-10 wins. If, Hemric would have won coming up through the ranks...

This business sucks bigly, but Childress was not going to let Reddick walk. It seems like Hemric is out of Chevy and RCR altogether.

He'd be at the top of the list for the 38 next season IMO. He's a high IQ racer and I believe can take a next step to be a winning driver at this level.

I think this shows how desperate they are to keep Reddick. I think he may have had another deal happening and they had to pull the trigger on this. As for Hemric I hope he can work his way to a decent car, I can see him in the 32 or an FRM car next year.

Yep, it is.

The thing is Hemric had opprotunties to win and did not at times the last two season. RC and company sees Reddick as an upgrade to Hemric. Everyone knows I've been high on Hemric since his NTS days in trucks, but what kills him at the end of the day? Zero wins in either development series, Reddick is up to like 9-10 wins. If, Hemric would have won coming up through the ranks...

This business sucks bigly, but Childress was not going to let Reddick walk. It seems like Hemric is out of Chevy and RCR altogether.

He'd be at the top of the list for the 38 next season IMO. He's a high IQ racer and I believe can take a next step to be a winning driver at this level.

Yep. My sentiments as well. Hemric is a good racer. But Reddick is better. Or at least appears to be based on his production. Hemric deserves more time, but hasn’t won a race in any top 3 NASCAR series. It’s hard to justify keeping him in the seat while losing out on an Xfinity Champ who’s tearing up the series. Daniel might be better off dropping down a level. Prove he can win some races there, then try to get another shot.

Wow. That's really sad. There has to be more to this story than just lack of performance. Hemric's average finish this year is 22.7 compared to Dillon's 20.2...not a significant difference at all. And especially with this being Hemric's first season in Cup that's pretty impressive he's hanging tight with Dillon, the veteran. Hemric even has a top 5 this season...Austin does not.

I think what’s “more” is that Richard sees that Tyler Reddick is chomping at the bit and there’s no where else for him.

Hemrick is a great guy and talented but failed to score a win in 116 Xfinity and truck races, whereas Reddick has won 11 - and is just tenacious on the racetrack. If you presume that it has to be one or the other, can anyone blame RCR for going with Reddick?

It’s a tough business, even thougher when sponsorship dollars are shrinking. Daniel’s ride in 2020 was an RCR option all along, it wasn’t guaranteed - it may have been the company’s plan all along to give Hemrick and audition but also keep the seat open if Reddick was the better choice. Maybe that’s not the case, I don’t know but Hemrick only had a one-year deal.

Wonder if Caterpillar is sticking around for this or if they will shop their sponsorship elsewhere?

As hard as good sponsors are to find, I'd guess that they are at least "on board" with this change. Heck, they might have initiated it. That car has been almost invisible most of the year, half way decent finishes or not.

My goodness, what a grimey business
Hemrick is a great guy and talented but failed to score a win in 116 Xfinity and truck races, whereas Reddick has won 11 - and is just tenacious on the racetrack. If you presume that it has to be one or the other, can anyone blame RCR for going with Reddick?

It’s a tough business... Daniel’s ride in 2020 was an RCR option all along, it wasn’t guaranteed...
I gotta agree with @superchuck500... tough deal, but not grimy. Three into two doesn't go. A choice had to be made. In the NFL, a typical 7th round draft pick is an outstanding football player who still gets cut before Labor Day.

Daniel Hemric seems like a good guy with a gritty, blue collar story. I hope he lands on his feet and proves to the world that he deserves to be a professional race car driver... a la Ross Chastain or Matt DiBenedetto.

RCR had the majority of the season to secure funding to field 3 cars. They couldn't, so they're cutting their rookie after his rookie season. This tells me more about the current climate of finding a sponsor in Cup than anything performance related to Hemric.

I think Hemric would be smart to drop back to Xfinity again like an Allgaier and start winning races.

I really like Hemric but can’t blame RC for bringing Tyler in before he jumps somewhere else. Reddick is ready to run Cup. RCR program is good but not top tier. Hopefully Daniel can get into another ride that isn’t junk.

RCR hasn’t really been a championship contender since Harvick left....which makes what he did there really incredible. As a fan of RC and the organization I hope the best for Reddick but...I’m not holding my breath. Wish RC would find a way to sign Buescher, he’d be a game changer with Reddick

He's got a Daytona 500 victory he can ride on that alone for at least another 5 years. Long how long it kept Trevor around.

I think the sponsor Trevor brought kept him the car so long, and if I recall, when they finally threw in the towel, Trevor followed them out the door.

Back
Top Bottom