Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a noble ambition, but I think we will alway be outsiders and less than socially accepted by the masses.
Racing is dangerous and many drivers are high strung, some blowback is unavoidable.

I think Tonys passion is the thing that inspires his fans. We always knew that Tony had some rough edges, some a bit much but still easy to respect the passionate racing animal that he is. For the mega sucessful drivers at his level, he is probably as hardcore of a racer that we will get for this generation.

I think we just need to morally support Tony during these tough times. Cringers are going cring, and the haters will hate. I think we should just encourage Tony to keep being the pure racer he is, that is the heart and soul of pure racing imo, a part of our essence.

Nevermind the masses and Brian can worry about the corporate ass kissing, the control freak wanted or not will micro manage it anyway. But the real racing people should just do the right things and we will have enough love from our minority to sustain, maybe even grow.

Just my opinion, folks can be be foolish enough to incorrectly disagree if needed.

I'm gonna stand behind my driver until I hear from him publicly.
It's gonna be tough driving around town with a large Tony Stewart hitch cover and getting the finger from those who've already convicted him.

I just hope no one slashes my tires.
We live in a different world now.

I guess I am fortunate or out of the loop.
I talked with 3 guys at work today.
None believe Stewart was at fault.
They all have some connections to motorsports though.

I'm sure in the 28 pages that someone has already said it but Nascar(and every track) needs a rule where you stay in the car after an accident. Unless the car is on fire, you don't get out on the track for any reason.

I'm gonna stand behind my driver until I hear from him publicly.
It's gonna be tough driving around town with a large Tony Stewart hitch cover and getting the finger from those who've already convicted him.

I just hope no one slashes my tires.
We live in a different world now.

Admire your support. Tony needs fans like you.

I'm sure in the 28 pages that someone has already said it but Nascar(and every track) needs a rule where you stay in the car after an accident. Unless the car is on fire, you don't get out on the track for any reason.

Yeah, it's been said.
But until it becomes a rule, then we can't remind everyone enough.

One short track has already taken swift action with a new rule:

Under section III (Procedural Rules) of the Fulton and Brewerton “General and Safety Rules”, please note the following adjustment to rule number 10 that will be effective immediately.

1. PROCEDURAL RULES
  2. 10. It is the goal of speedway management to maintain the safest possible racing conditions for all drivers. Only safety crews and wrecker crews are permitted on the track in the event of an accident. Pit crew members are not permitted on the track. Drivers are required to stay in their car in the event of an on-track incident. If a driver, for whatever reason, exits a car on the track during a caution period, the race will automatically be placed under a red flag and all cars will come to a complete stop. A driver may exit a car if requested by a safety crew member or if safety warrants in cases such as a fire. Drivers that exit a car without permission, for whatever reason, are subject to fine and/or suspension at the discretion of track management.
http://fultonspeedway.com/safety-rules-bulletin/

Please, someone, anyone, just make it go away.

Unfortunately, I think Robin Williams took care of that for us.

Every news related show that I've turned on tonight has had absolutely nothing to talk about except his passing.

And, of course, they'll drop that as soon as the next headline grabbing story comes along.

Still might not help.Those drivers don't listen to the officials to well when they get out of the car mad.

We really should've had that rule a long time ago. I'm surprised more people haven't gotten hit.
like anything else, it takes something like this, just like Nascar and their safer barrier. Haven't heard them all redesigning the torque tube that broke Tony's leg. John force got some safety things done in Funny Cars after he almost lost his legs in a crash

Still might not help.Those drivers don't listen to the officials to well when they get out of the car mad.

At a National NASCAR level, probably not, but no points, no pay, dq for a local guy might make em think twice..

He was reckless, killed a guy, but because Nancy Grace acted like Nancy Grace, you've gotta send him your money.

We're doomed.

So........

If Tony were to come back and win a race before The Chase, does NASCAR let him in? I think you're allowed to miss races for injuries and Tony could argue that he missed races for a mental injury.

So........

If Tony were to come back and win a race before The Chase, does NASCAR let him in? I think you're allowed to miss races for injuries and Tony could argue that he missed races for a mental injury.

I don think he cares at this point.

I heard someone say that he would qualify because he showed up and qualified for the race at Watkins Glen.

So........

Not like the officials really try to stop them either. A little half-hearted tug on the arm is all we usually get.

I heard someone say that he would qualify because he showed up and qualified for the race at Watkins Glen.

Triple-facepalm-picard-812.jpg

I saw this video just now....you may have to sign in to yahoo to play.....looks slightly different and it sounds like it was the 45 that actually guns it after he passed Ward?
Definitely still looks like Stewart hit him with the right FRONT. Go to around 2.26

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom