Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this video just now....you may have to sign in to yahoo to play.....looks slightly different and it sounds like it was the 45 that actually gun it after he passed Ward?
Definitely still looks like Stewart hit him with the right FRONT. Go to around 2.26

It certainly appeared to me that there was no "gunning" of the engine sound at the moment Ward was struck.

I think you are right though, there will be a band wagon movement to stay in the cars because of this.

more like demand......by libel ins carriers for tracks.

bandwagon will be race media / fans .....who never said zilch before this... just cheered it on !

looks like other events will take mainstream media spotlite off this :
-----r. williams
----- new trayvon type story in missouri
----- iraq
lucky timing for racin .

hopefully only niche race media now. ??

It certainly appeared to me that there was no "gunning" of the engine sound at the moment Ward was struck.
No, it must be me but I think that you see more of the hit in that clip than previous versions?...just me?

When MSNBC is the responsible adult in the room, you know we have a problem.

Also, Al Jazeera America supposedly had a very good segment with Bob Pockrass on this on "Consider This" which re-airs at 1am and 10am.

I saw this video just now....you may have to sign in to yahoo to play.....looks slightly different and it sounds like it was the 45 that actually guns it after he passed Ward?
Definitely still looks like Stewart hit him with the right FRONT. Go to around 2.26

Holy smokes, you're right. Defo the 45.. I feel like you can even see the car lurch. Probably trying to "intimidate" him(get him out of the ****** racing line)... Why does it seem so clear in that vid? I know that **** ain't doctored.

Wouldn't you want to spend your millions of dollars of a "clean" driver? Someone without an involvement in a death?
If Tony continues the rest of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if they switch Mobil1 to the 41 and HAAS to the 14

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I, personally, wouldn't punish someone for an accident. I expect some sponsors might share my point of view.

I'd like to think so.. The corporate world is pretty cold hearted most of the time it seems..

I saw this video just now....you may have to sign in to yahoo to play.....looks slightly different and it sounds like it was the 45 that actually guns it after he passed Ward?

I have seen this and a number of other vids (same footage, differnt sites, as I am sure we all have).

I am sure this has already been mentioned of covered here however I have not scanned the 30 pages of this thread.

The thing that does not appear right here is how fast someone said "Tony hit him" after the actual accident.

Think how fast things take to register from seeing it, to then saying what you saw. It just seems a little to quick so perhaps is out of sync. In saying this I have also seen another that was posted on Yellow Bullet where the "tony hit him" was said basically in the same timed second as the point of impact. Therefore I suspect there are a number of versions with differing video/audio syncing and who's to say which is correct.

I have seen this and a number of other vids (same footage, differnt sites, as I am sure we all have).

I am sure this has already been mentioned of covered here however I have not scanned the 30 pages of this thread.

The thing that does not appear right here is how fast someone said "Tony hit him" after the actual accident.

Think how fast things take to register from seeing it, to then saying what you saw. It just seems a little to quick so perhaps is out of sync. In saying this I have also seen another that was posted on Yellow Bullet where the "tony hit him" was said basically in the same timed second as the point of impact. Therefore I suspect there are a number of versions with differing video/audio syncing and who's to say which is correct.

Wow, you guys got nothing better to do than bag on me for my shirt selection?
uS4i5.jpg

more like demand......by libel ins carriers for tracks.

bandwagon will be race media / fans .....who never said zilch before this... just cheered it on !

looks like other events will take mainstream media spotlite off this :
-----r. williams
----- new trayvon type story in missouri
----- iraq
lucky timing for racin .

hopefully only niche race media now. ??

yeah my first type said that right now insurance people are writing disclaimers as we speak.
same ones hollering for stay in car will be hollering "boring" next week and so it goes.

Got a few writing articles that hate Auto racing/Nascar taking their shots. I can relate, if I was a writer and had a chance to take a shot at a steroid stick n baller it wouldn't be pretty either. You can bet Nascar is going to spin it as positive as possible. Wouldn't want to trade places with Tony, tough times this last year.

Okay. There is a great deal of speculation surrounding this incident. The facts are still being determined by agencies that specialize in determining what actually happened and why. The video is of no use to anyone because all it shows is a driver leaving the safety of his car and foolishly walking into the path of several vehicles that are circling the track at caution speeds . The car previous to the 14 narrowly missed Mr. Ward. The 14 car under limited visibility turned down the track to avoid Mr. Ward at the last second and unfortunately was unable to clear him. The result was very gruesome and sad, however, it was not avoidable. In my opinion, it was a tragic accident. Nevertheless, I believe it has ended Tony's career as a driver due to the mental strain it will cause. Look for Tony to step back and assume more of an owner position and for the announcement that Chas Elliot will be the driver of the 14 car for 2015 and beyond.

Okay. There is a great deal of speculation surrounding this incident. The facts are still being determined by agencies that specialize in determining what actually happened and why. The video is of no use to anyone because all it shows is a driver leaving the safety of his car and foolishly walking into the path of several vehicles that are circling the track at caution speeds . The car previous to the 14 narrowly missed Mr. Ward. The 14 car under limited visibility turned down the track to avoid Mr. Ward at the last second and unfortunately was unable to clear him. The result was very gruesome and sad, however, it was not avoidable. In my opinion, it was a tragic accident. Nevertheless, I believe it has ended Tony's career as a driver due to the mental strain it will cause. Look for Tony to step back and assume more of an owner position and for the announcement that Chas Elliot will be the driver of the 14 car for 2015 and beyond.
Tony turned down the track to avoid? I must have missed that bit.
Him running into Ward by not seeing him ?....maybe

yeah my first type said that right now insurance people are writing disclaimers as we speak.
same ones hollering for stay in car will be hollering "boring" next week and so it goes.

Got a few writing articles that hate Auto racing/Nascar taking their shots. I can relate, if I was a writer and had a chance to take a shot at a steroid stick n baller it wouldn't be pretty either. You can bet Nascar is going to spin it as positive as possible. Wouldn't want to trade places with Tony, tough times this last year.

yeah...imagine all tha mainstream media that HAD ta cover only daytona 500 all these yrs.....and got cold stiff from tony tha whole time.
payback now from those folks.

don't think tony is in wrong here.....but certainly gonna have tuff mental comeback from it all.
we'll see.

You know, the media isn't saying anything which hasn't been said on here. I've seen Edwards be blamed multiple times for trying to murder Keselowski, Kenseth called a worthless POS, Hamlin said to be deserving of a broken back and calls for Bowyer and Waltrip to be run out of racing.

When a driver spins another race car on pit road or wrecks someone under caution, there are some pretty nasty comments so what if the mainstream media was to come here (or any racing forum) for source material? They'd find a treasure trove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom