Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness to Tony Stewart Crash Says Driver Could Not Have Avoided Hitting Other Driver

"From what I saw, Tony did everything in his power to turn down away from Kevin to avoid him," said sprint car driver Cory Sparks.

Sparks was just a few cars behind Stewart during Saturday's race. He said videos that have been posted online do not give an accurate picture of what happened.

"People say that they heard the engine rev up and he gassed it. In a sprint car, the only way to steer is you steer with the rear wheels as much as you do the steering wheel. In my opinion, what he did was he gassed it to turn down away from him," said Sparks.

"I think that the biggest thing is to remember Kevin Ward as a great race car driver, not a victim of Tony Stewart," said Sparks

from here.....

MSNBC is usually terrible but, in this case, they were the adults in the room. Honestly, I expected the stuff I've seen on ABC, CBS and FOX Sports 1 to be on MSNBC.

As for FOX Sports 1, I cannot imagine the NASCAR brass is very happy with the way "FOX Sports LIVE" has covered this tragedy. I wouldn't be either. Hell, I would've yanked the TV contract and given the whole damn sport to NBC.

Andy I am sure this is correct, but in 2009 I swore networks off, and my life is better.

On a side note I briefly met Ali Weinberg with MSNBC at the time. She is a beautiful young woman. My soul was touched she is a courageous young woman and the only exception for me.

You truly cannot judge a person's entire character & life based on their reporting abilities. Maybe 30-50 years ago, but not in today's social world.

COOL GUYS WEAR BLACK, Checkers.

Something you wouldn't know about.

Somebody call the fire department, Chex just got burned. B) :dual9mm:
LOL! We really need to start using Chex's full name more often. :XXROFL:

o_O

Im a metalhead dude. Tell me again about how much you wear black?
OMG, me too, Checkers! :headbang:

I think the sensationalism of this is dying down, combine that with middle east stuff thats going on, and Robin Williams passing....they are letting go of this. If it was baseball, or the NFL they would not let go as easy.

Something we need to remember though. The lives of the Ward family as well as Stewart's will be forever changed.

Prayers for healing all around.....

I think the sensationalism of this is dying down, combine that with middle east stuff thats going on, and Robin Williams passing....they are letting go of this. If it was baseball, or the NFL they would not let go as easy.

Something we need to remember though. The lives of the Ward family as well as Stewart's will be forever changed.

Prayers for healing all around.....
Along with that mess in Illinois

This may be one that we want to tune in to..... I'm just sayin.

@dustinlong

Ontario Co. Sheriff to issue statement at 4 pm ET today in regards to fatal sprint car crash. He won't take any questions.

Metallica, Disturbed, A7X, 5FDP, Godsmack, Nothing More... to name the mainstream bands I'm into :p
I'll PM you. Don't want to hijack this thread.

You'll love Abby Huntsman :wub: then. LOL.
Dude, I keep forgetting to watch The Cycle. Thanks for reminding me to check it out today. @Greg, Abby and Krystal Ball are both on that show, and both are very easy on the eyes.

@DanicaFreak, yeah, I'm sure things will start dying down now that other very important things are happening. There hasn't really been any significant new information released since this whole thing went down on Saturday night. It's just been a bunch of folks speculating and giving their opinions, each of which contain varying degrees of ignorance.

:rolleyes:
Can't stand Colin Cowherd. If a message board troll ever got his own radio show, it would sound a lot like The Herd. He's never met a bandwagon he didn't jump on, and he always talks down to his listeners like they're idiots.

Southern culture? You know this happened in New York, right? Just stick to what you know Colin: Lebron James, Tony Romo, and SEC football. But STFU about racing.

hear there's another video that has surfaced, maybe it will be wider in perspective instead of just a close up on driver ward, to see if stewart would have had a clear view of ward or not, and to see what actions were taken if any

It's amazing how this story has transcended politics and it's political conservatives, the same ones who breathlessly defended George Zimmerman, who want Tony Stewart's head like Mussolini in a public square in Italy.

Let's not get into this so deeply that we forget the pain and sorrow that Kevin's family is feeling.
Also, let's not forget Tony --- how he will be able to cope with vision of Kevin in front of his car.

The blathering talking heads will say whatever pops into their little empty heads and keep the pot stirred.
Be careful that this doesn't get to us.

Don't let the politics of talking mouths take over. You've done an admirable job of keeping this thread clean. Keep it up.

For those wondering about the media ignorance, this handy guide was in this year's copy of the AP Stylebook:
10590499_596773515805_4780138149180902524_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom