Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more quotes I read from KWj's family the more I feel he was out to prove something. According to Daddy, Jr. had never left his car before that night. I reckon Jr was never involved in a wreck before or he just decided to go invoke a fight at the worst time possible.

A ham and egger giving a world class driver the what-for would surely give him big time local props, not to mention a blurb here and there on national TV. Even his Daddy said there were outclassed from the beginning. My prayers go out to this family that they would be comforted and healed from the pain and sorrow of their loss. All the vile and hatred they spew is something that raises questions in my mind to the creditability of their actions and especially Jr's the night he jumped onto the racing surface like Superman to stop a speeding car.

What happened to the bears?

No lions, tigers or bears there, just a poop pot full of confused and lost Red, Blue and Green dots. Rather funny actually. I sure hope they can find a home for all those dots, I guess the cake business has been pretty slow.

The more quotes I read from KWj's family the more I feel he was out to prove something. According to Daddy, Jr. had never left his car before that night. I reckon Jr was never involved in a wreck before or he just decided to go invoke a fight at the worst time possible.

A ham and egger giving a world class driver the what-for would surely give him big time local props, not to mention a blurb here and there on national TV. Even his Daddy said there were outclassed from the beginning. My prayers go out to this family that they would be comforted and healed from the pain and sorrow of their loss. All the vile and hatred they spew is something that raises questions in my mind to the creditability of their actions and especially Jr's the night he jumped onto the racing surface like Superman to stop a speeding car.

A friend who races sprint cars said exactly that the day after the incident.

That's Da Bears! And I don't think they were overlooked in this thread. I believe they were mentioned somewhere between post #843 to #868. Right around the time we were talking about how to clean clogged drains and shampoo preferences if I'm not mistaken.

lol I'm pretty sure TRL started the whole drain and shampoo thing.

It is walking and flying as far as I am concerned, yeah they have racing in common, but a dirt sprint car is such a different animal compared to a cup car. If you have ever stood behind one and seen the rear tire height difference, You will learn what stagger is. you want to turn left quickly, you gas it. They don't go straight without a fight, the idle speed is iffy at best, if your engine is loading up, and with the cams they run it happens easily so you have to keep it cleaned out by hammering it. It is almost impossible to keep it under 25 mph at idle speed.

It is walking and flying as far as I am concerned, yeah they have racing in common, but a dirt sprint car is such a different animal compared to a cup car. If you have ever stood behind one and seen the rear tire height difference, You will learn what stagger is. you want to turn left quickly, you gas it. They don't go straight without a fight, the idle speed is iffy at best, if your engine is loading up, and with the cams they run it happens easily so you have to keep it cleaned out by hammering it. It is almost impossible to keep it under 25 mph at idle speed.
More like walking then flying...

Kevin Ward's father wants answers from Tony Stewart

“Apparently, Tony Stewart was the only one driving out there who didn't see him," Ward Sr. said.

Povero has made a public plea for video of the incident, and as of Monday, investigators had two videos in their possession.

"The one person that knows what happened that night is possibly facing 10 years in prison,” Ward Sr. said, according to the report. “Is he going to say what he done?"

The father also was angry over the accident that preceded the tragedy.

“Tony Stewart was the best damn driver by far on the track that night,” Ward Sr. told the newspaper. “Why he had to go up as high as he did and hog my son, there's no reason for it.”

Link to story

Yep.

@DGodfatherMoody

I don't blame @ESPN_Colin for declining to appear on @SiriusXMNASCAR. I wouldn't want to defend that degree of ignorance, either.

Kevin Ward's father wants answers from Tony Stewart

“Apparently, Tony Stewart was the only one driving out there who didn't see him," Ward Sr. said.

Povero has made a public plea for video of the incident, and as of Monday, investigators had two videos in their possession.

"The one person that knows what happened that night is possibly facing 10 years in prison,” Ward Sr. said, according to the report. “Is he going to say what he done?"

The father also was angry over the accident that preceded the tragedy.

“Tony Stewart was the best damn driver by far on the track that night,” Ward Sr. told the newspaper. “Why he had to go up as high as he did and hog my son, there's no reason for it.”

Link to story
Just read the story in the link. I understand the father is grieving but, realistically, I think the statement he left out is, "Why my son got out of his car and ran out into traffic, I don't know."

Kevin's family are the last people you'd wanna take speculation from. They're emotionally compromised & rightfully so.

Syracuse.com? read the comments at the bottom. I bet sawyers the lawyers are swarming like flies around that place. bleeding ambulance chasers

Canandaigua Park set to reopen

In a statement issued Wednesday, Canandaigua promoter/owner Jeremie Corcoran said he spoke with Ward's father and others before making the decision.

Link to story

I honestly believe that the sound of engines revving going past the front stretch grandstands being wrongly attributed to Tony's car is what has everyone so mad. There is NO WAY a handheld digital cam picked up the sound of Tony's engine so clearly and crisp from that distance.

When I first saw the video, it was that engine screaming while Ward got run over that horrified me. I think Youtube later changed the audio sync, and the engine sound at that moment is gone. But it's still stuck in peoples heads that Tony nailed the gas and turned right.

Canandaigua Park set to reopen

In a statement issued Wednesday, Canandaigua promoter/owner Jeremie Corcoran said he spoke with Ward's father and others before making the decision.

Link to story

I wonder if the national media will notice the respect the track owner displayed by talking to the family first?

Nah. Wont happen.

Wendi Ward, lashed out at Stewart on Facebook.
"I feel numb, I look into the eyes of family and see a deep hurt that should not be there, my heart has pounded out of my chest for hours," Ward wrote. "thanks for thinking of our family tony Stewart when you decided to be a dxxK! My nephew was one of a kind, a true race car driver, a piss head and a sweetie all in one, a young man who will be truly missed by many! Aunt Wendi loves you budster, forever in our hearts."

I don't know what that means in Northern but it sure don't sound good. Daddy didn't even see what happen but he knows how it happened?????? Jr was pushed into the wall, that's a total fabrication even if you don't know anything about racing. The is ludicrous, I don't know what protection Tony has from all of this but his attorney's need to be filing claims against the press and counter charges if necessary against this family.

I wouldn't even say that the minimal contact between the two cars was intentional. Looked to me like the kid was on the outside and Tony's momentum off the corner caused him to pinch the kid off. Didn't look to me like Tony ran him out into the fence on purpose.

Just read the story in the link. I understand the father is grieving but, realistically, I think the statement he left out is, "Why my son got out of his car and ran out into traffic, I don't know."

Maybe he was just trying to be like NASCAR hero Tony Stewart.

The people here condemning the speculation on Stewart while out of the other sides of their mouths speculating wildly about Ward and his family are disgusting.

Also idiotic is comparing the pain they (the Wards) must be feeling with the mental pain of a driver who had just ran over someone but was ready to jump right in another race car within 15 hrs and treat it as "business as usual".

If Stewart didn't get on the gas, then how do you explain him being sideways as he approached Ward?

Cars don't get sideways at caution speed unless the driver does it intentionally.

I honestly believe that the sound of engines revving going past the front stretch grandstands being wrongly attributed to Tony's car is what has everyone so mad. There is NO WAY a handheld digital cam picked up the sound of Tony's engine so clearly and crisp from that distance.

When I first saw the video, it was that engine screaming while Ward got run over that horrified me. I think Youtube later changed the audio sync, and the engine sound at that moment is gone. But it's still stuck in peoples heads that Tony nailed the gas and turned right.

If Stewart didn't get on the gas, then how do you explain him being sideways as he approached Ward?

Cars don't get sideways at caution speed unless the driver does it intentionally.

that is a reflex movement of a sprint car driver. that is how you turn left quickly.
I can't imagine a NASCAR driver pitching a car sideways as he approached a wreck site.

Well, I didn't used to be able to imagine it.
You are ignorant of the differences between a dirt sprint car and a Nascar sprint car..Have you been to any races of either car or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom