Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like Stewart was on the brakes sliding the rear end.
Gas or brake.......you cant tell if the wheels are spinning. Obviously hoping brake but any racer knows what will happen if he slams on the brakes. Especially a guy of Stewart's calibre.

I would like to see a wider shot of that area.

It may be possible that Stewart was running too hot through the corner under caution, and that's why he drifted up into Ward. That said, he's not supposed to be sliding under caution, especially near the wreck site.

Unfortunately, the sound suggests a brief application of throttle, not what you'd hear if he was on it through the whole corner.

As far as visibility goes, in the turn, the view of the crash spot would have been straight ahead, not out the right side, so the flap should not have been any issue at all.

Gas or brake.......you cant tell if the wheels are spinning. Obviously hoping brake but any racer knows what will happen if he slams on the brakes. Especially a guy of Stewart's calibre.
I'm sure everything is being done during the investigation to enhance the video (I would think.)

I want to see another video, you can't tell me that there isn't another video. I heard there was, and I heard Tony carries a GoPro. I want to see them. I want all the eye witness accounts. There is an answer, often the people watching know what happened better then the people in the cars.

I want to see another video, you can't tell me that there isn't another video. I heard there was, and I heard Tony carries a GoPro. I want to see them. I want all the eye witness accounts. There is an answer, often the people watching know what happened better then the people in the cars.
Racers in cars are stakeholders in this sport and may show some bias one way or t'other ( :D )
So credibility is an issue with me.

The sheriff has already stated that there was NO camera in/on Tony's car.

I have to wonder why you ask that.

I like Stewart. I think he's a great driver, I like that he keeps involved in dirt cars. I like that he speaks his mind more than the other robots.

But, liking somebody doesn't mean you ignore facts. If it turns reckless actions by Stewart caused this death, then he needs to pay.

you disagree?

I have to wonder why you are making these posts.

Do you hate Tony Stewart or are you just angry in general???

...But, liking somebody doesn't mean you ignore facts. If it turns reckless actions by Stewart caused this death, then he needs to pay.

you disagree?

I agree. But there's no need to get the rope out just yet.
They haven't concluded their investigation. As it stands now, Tony is innocent of any wrong doing.
Why don't we focus on that until and unless any evidence proving otherwise surfaces?

This last video indeed looks like Ward was trying to jump onto Tony's car, however, I don't know what he would have done if successful. Very dangerous stunt ending with a horrible mishap.

I know you're a Stewart guy, but please don't think that wanting questions answered about what I saw in the video is 'getting the rope out'.

And there was nothing biased about asking who would lead the investigation.

I agree. But there's no need to get the rope out just yet.
They haven't concluded their investigation. As it stands now, Tony is innocent of any wrong doing.
Why don't we focus on that until and unless any evidence proving otherwise surfaces?

I have to wonder why you ask that.

I like Stewart. I think he's a great driver, I like that he keeps involved in dirt cars. I like that he speaks his mind more than the other robots.

But, liking somebody doesn't mean you ignore facts. If it turns reckless actions by Stewart caused this death, then he needs to pay.

you disagree?

Had the kid stayed in his car this entire thread wouldn't exist.

Other drivers get out of their cars on a regular basis. The difference in this case is that the person who got out of their car was run over by the same driver that wrecked him. The driver behind Tony was down on the grass, and almost to a complete stop.

Is it unusual for cars to be sliding like that under yellow and so close to a wreck?

One day it looks one way, the next day it's a little different. Good luck to the investigators.

Other drivers get out of their cars on a regular basis. The difference in this case is that the person who got out of their car was run over by the same driver that wrecked him. The driver behind Tony was down on the grass, and almost to a complete stop.

I take it you were there? Or was that shown in a different video?

I know you're a Stewart guy, but please don't think that wanting questions answered about what I saw in the video is 'getting the rope out'.

And there was nothing biased about asking who would lead the investigation.
Check my avatar; 18 & 99. Not 14. I'm a NASCAR guy, not a Stewart guy. I'm also a logical guy. I draw a conclusion based on facts. I have very limited factual knowledge of the evidence in this ongoing investigation. The only evidence I've seen of the incident is a couple of grainy videos. Like I said, I haven't seen any evidence in which Tony Stewart acted negligently.
News sources talked about Tony Stewart being hot -headed. In the videos, I do see a hot-head; he's dangerously running around on a racetrack, in front of racecars. pointing his finger.

Kevin obviously felt like Tony wrecked him. Whether he actually did is not important. What is important, is whether or not he went from the bottom of the track, to the middle where Kevin was standing.

That was a reply to 'Smoke 14', not to you.

I want a logical explanation to why Stewart was sideways, off the bottom of the track, approaching a wreck site under caution. That's all.

Everybody knows Stewart has a bad temper. It makes sense to consider that he could have been hot after the on-track incident with Ward. This is the internets. We discuss things.

Check my avatar; 18 & 99. Not 14. I'm a NASCAR guy, not a Stewart guy. I'm also a logical guy. I draw a conclusion based on facts. I have very limited factual knowledge of the evidence in this ongoing investigation. The only evidence I've seen of the incident is a couple of grainy videos. Like I said, I haven't seen any evidence in which Tony Stewart acted negligently.
News sources talked about Tony Stewart being hot -headed. In the videos, I do see a hot-head; he's dangerously running around on a racetrack, in front of racecars. pointing his finger.

Kevin obviously felt like Tony wrecked him. Whether he actually did is not important. What is important, is whether or not he went from the bottom of the track, to the middle where Kevin was standing.
What's important is if and when Tony saw Kevin. IMO, it looked like Tony tried to avoid Kevin, at the last moment (which is when, I believe, Tony saw Kevin.)

I think a lot of that fish tailing was because he was running Kevin over and lost traction because there was a body under his tire.

Watch as Stewart comes into the frame from the right. He's crossed up before hitting Ward. It's hard to make out. Someone put together a gruesome GIF of the impact and it's much easier to see in that, over and over. Stewart approaches sideways, gets off the gas, hits Ward as the car is straightening out, and then it looks like the car is knocked a bit, turning Stewart toward the right a bit.

I think a lot of that fish tailing was because he was running Kevin over and lost traction because there was a body under his tire.

Tony was mad because he was being blamed by some dip **** kid for wrecking him when he didn't actually wreck him. In reality, Kevin should have let him by because he wasn't on the lead lap. Kevin didn't let him by, then jumped out of his car acting a fool, that is why Tony was mad and tried to throw dirt on him. It was an accident but it's still second degree murder. Recklessness.

This last video indeed looks like Ward was trying to jump onto Tony's car, however, I don't know what he would have done if successful. Very dangerous stunt ending with a horrible mishap.
Now that is just silly. If he jumped onto Ward's car it would have been out of fear for his life.

Tony was mad because he was being blamed by some dip **** kid for wrecking him when he didn't actually wreck him. In reality, Kevin should have let him by because he wasn't on the lead lap. Kevin didn't let him by, then jumped out of his car acting a fool, that is why Tony was mad and tried to throw dirt on him. It was an accident but it's still second degree murder. Recklessness.
I disagree.

Tony wrecked Ward. Is there some doubt about that?
The rest?....not so sure.

Slo mo video is leading some to the conclusion that Ward tried to jump onto the right side Stewart's car. Video isn't great quality, but it looks like there may be some merit to that. It looks like he may grab hold of the top of the wing and then it bends down as he falls off.

much clearer than vid i saw....sure does look like he grabs sideboard on wing ......before contact w/ rear tire. ?

He was jumping out of the way, hanging on to the fin to stop getting sucked under. Tony started further down the track because that's where the guy was pointing, Tony moved up the track to scare him and it worked. He tried to jump out of the way.

You must have been on board with Tony since you know exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom