Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was no video you would say, "you must have been there, since you know so much." But there is a video so you're going to say, "but it isn't clear." Don't worry, another video exists, I'm sure of that.

If there was no video you would say, "you must have been there, since you know so much." But there is a video so you're going to say, "but it isn't clear." Don't worry, another video exists, I'm sure of that.

It was an accident, end of story. The first time I saw the video, I thought Tony was trying to throw some dirt on him. The more you watch it, the clearer it becomes that the kid walked directly into a moving vehicle.

It was an accident, end of story. The first time I saw the video, I thought Tony was trying to throw some dirt on him. The more you watch it, the clearer it becomes that the kid walked directly into a moving vehicle.
No

I am proud to chat with you guys about the biggest event in the history of Nascar. I find it educational that the first and best article I read online was that of Forbes magazine. There is a lot of money in racing.

I'm certainly not saying that it wasn't an accident. Lets get that straight.
But he sure didn't just walk directly into a moving vehicle.

I am proud to chat with you guys about the biggest event in the history of Nascar. I find it educational that the first and best article I read online was that of Forbes magazine. There is a lot of money in racing.

whetto.....i take it you is an online feller ?
an not too familar w/ us nascar boys ?

Do you even like racing?

And BTW this is not the biggest event in the history of Nascar. Not even close.

I want to see another video, you can't tell me that there isn't another video. I heard there was, and I heard Tony carries a GoPro. I want to see them. I want all the eye witness accounts. There is an answer, often the people watching know what happened better then the people in the cars.
Eye witness testimony is often the least reliable in terms of accuracy.

Nice plane.

Local fans on a local track? I think they know what they saw, or it should at least be made public. On the video the guy said, "tony just ran over someone" he didn't say, "that crazy guy just committed suicide." His immediate response was that he was ran over by Tony.

It wasn't a nascar event. nascar has nothing to do with those crazy ass sprint cars.

Really? This incident has nothing to do with Nascar? That's hard to believe. You could be right....unless you work for Stewart, then you better start working on your resume.

Really? This incident has nothing to do with Nascar? That's hard to believe. You could be right....unless you work for Stewart, then you better start working on your resume.

Err, that makes it about SHR. You called it the biggest event in nascar history.

We're happy you've seen the light.

The blue car behind tony is almost at a full stop and on the grass by the time he is parallel to Kevin, it is an embarrassment. Even after the wreck he looks like he's doing 30MPH while the blue car is going 5MPH in the grass.

The blue car behind tony is almost at a full stop and on the grass by the time he is parallel to Kevin, it is an embarrassment. Even after the wreck he looks like he's doing 30MPH while the blue car is going 5MPH in the grass.

hopefully .....ya 'll email da in ny an offer yo expert testimony in tha case .....specially bout that blue car bein in tha "grass" .

I love racing and appreciate this forum. I enjoy others views as I enjoy racing in the family, business, team work, and competitive aspect of the sport. I mean no offense.

I posted a link to a story about investigators obtaining a second video. I imagine there are more, and I hope people are forthcoming.

Local fans on a local track? I think they know what they saw, or it should at least be made public. On the video the guy said, "tony just ran over someone" he didn't say, "that crazy guy just committed suicide." His immediate response was that he was ran over by Tony.
Uhhhh, Tony did hit him. If you saw a guy walking across the highway and a car hit him, would you scream "that guy just got hit by that car" or would you say "wow that moron committed suicide"? Nobody would say the latter, and I don't think anybody honestly thinks that Ward "committed suicide."

I happen to live about an hour away from the track, and I'm friends with a guy who raced with Ward. He was at the track that night and said that if anybody thinks Tony could have avoided Ward then they're crazy. That's eyewitness testimony from one of Ward's friends.

Uhhhh, Tony did hit him. If you saw a guy walking across the highway and a car hit him, would you scream "that guy just got hit by that car" or would you say "wow that moron committed suicide"? Nobody would say the latter, and I don't think anybody honestly thinks that Ward "committed suicide."

I happen to live about an hour away from the track, and I'm friends with a guy who raced with Ward. He was at the track that night and said that if anybody thinks Tony could have avoided Ward then they're crazy. That's eyewitness testimony from one of Ward's friends.
Well I guess that settles it then. :D

If Tiger Woods hit somebody in the head with a putter at a mini-golf place and gave them a concussion, would it have anything to do with the PGA?

I'm just saying, Whetto seems to think that the people at the track that night would have been the ones who "knew" what had happened best.
I know bud. Was being cheeky. :)

Or up there you may call it being a smart ass

I stand by that, local people at a local track watching locals race. I believe listening to what they have to say and making it public is a good idea. It is common for emotions to flare while racing, sometimes what you think happened didn't. We see this often. If the video, and the locals say, "hey, tony could not have avoided it and it was just an accident" then so be it. It's just a conversation.

I stand by that, local people at a local track watching locals race. I believe listening to what they have to say and making it public is a good idea. It is common for emotions to flare while racing, sometimes what you think happened didn't. We see this often. If the video, and the locals say, "hey, tony could not have avoided it and it was just an accident" then so be it. It's just a conversation.

whetto....you is a better "flip -flopper " than hilary.

let tha conversation continue .

:newbie: :D

I dont think whetto understands that these cars are extremely unstable & difficult to drive at low speeds. They are meant to be driven at race speeds and sideways, not 40 mph and straight through a turn. Plus, the visibility of these cars is best out the left side of the car where the driver would be looking going into & through a turn. Not so good out the right side where Kevin was standing in relation to Tony's vehicle. Add a muddy visor on Tony's part & the visibility is lowered. Any sudden movements, like trying to avoid somebody walking on the track at the last second, would set the car off balance and do some weird movements. These things aint like driving your street car down the backroads. People ask why stewart ran a higher line under caution than the car in front of him. It'd be stupid to fall in line with the car in front of you in a sprint car. These cars don't react well at lower speeds. What if he was following directly behind him & the car in front stopped suddenly? Also the right rear tire sticks way out there. Kevin may have just misjudged how far out Tony's tire was.

This was all a freak accident that could have been avoided if 1. NASCAR had instructed stricter rules along time ago about getting out of your car on track to taunt drivers. Younger racers wouldnt look up to that possibly. And 2. if Kevin had been smarter & stayed in his car.

This was all a freak accident that could have been avoided if 1. NASCAR had instructed stricter rules along time ago about getting out of your car on track to taunt drivers. Younger racers wouldnt look up to that possibly. And 2. if Kevin had been smarter & stayed in his car.
I sure don't like to see anything pined on NASCAR over this. My thought's are only slightly different than yours though..... This was all a freak accident that could have been avoided if common sense had prevailed. Had he kept that buffer zone in between himself and Stewart we wouldn't all be here debating the same points over and over. He could have easily jumped out of his car and stayed well above the racing line and made his displeasure with Stewart known. Heading down the track was a foolish move that cost him his life. I'm not so sure that there needs to be a rule to dictate common sense. I'd hope that everyone's learned from what happens last Saturday. Personally, I like seeing the personalities on display from these drivers. A rule to quash that pretty much goes against everything that many of us have been asking for as NASCAR fans, including me.

I sure don't like to see anything pined on NASCAR over this. My thought's are only slightly different than yours though..... This was all a freak accident that could have been avoided if common sense had prevailed. Had he kept that buffer zone in between himself and Stewart we wouldn't all be here debating the same points over and over. He could have easily jumped out of his car and stayed well above the racing line and made his displeasure with Stewart known. Heading down the track was a foolish move that cost him his life. I'm not so sure that there needs to be a rule to dictate common sense. I'd hope that everyone's learned from what happens last Saturday. Personally, I like seeing the personalities on display from these drivers. A rule to quash that pretty much goes against everything that many of us have been asking for as NASCAR fans, including me.
True.

Common sense aint so common, unfortunately.

This, nailed it.

I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to the video. I thought all this happened near the EXIT of turn 2, but it looks like it actually happens just after the ENTRY to turn 2.

If that's right, Tony's car never gets a chance to straighten out and get a good look at the track in front of him. He would be swinging thru the turn the whole time, and Ward would suddenly come into view for a split second, moving left to right thru the view in front of Tony, before being hidden by the right side wings. It would also explain why Ward seems to be pointing to the bottom of the track as Tony comes around the turn. I think he may have been pointing at the 14 while it was still in turn 1, which would change all the angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom