Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct drive....like a snow mobile....good post leroy. thanks.

Snowmobiles have transmissions. They have CVTs.

Well when Ive driven a snow machine it seems like it did not have a tranny. But now that you say make sense. As I climbed a hill the engine changed (belt?)

Had a CVT car once-hated it. Dodge Caliber.

I have soloed in an old prop airplane though. Just a basic piper tomahawk..constant pitch prop..those things have no tranny.I do get it...at idle that prop was really moving still.

Last edited:
I'd have been shocked if Tony had decided to race. Once he's fully exonerated he'll be able to determine the proper timing for his return.

I am one of the folks that enjoy the cup drivers in the lower series and hope they continue to do so. Most of the whining seems to be about Kyle Busch running in the lower series but thats to be expected

I like it too occasionally. But every single week makes it annoying. 5 times a year or so per driver seems like a fair deal to me

If I wanted to become a NASCAR driver, and I thought the sprint cars would get me there. I would want to race with NASCAR drivers while sprint car racing so I have an opportunity to race with them. Maybe it will get me a job?

If I wanted to become a NASCAR driver, and I thought the sprint cars would get me there. I would want to race with NASCAR drivers while sprint car racing so I have an opportunity to race with them. Maybe it will get me a job?

You seem to have it all figured out there Ace. Now, with just a little money and a whole lotta talent you might be on your way. Good luck.:punkrocke

Does anyone actually believe that what the police department finds matters, in terms of public opinion, politics of NASCAR, and the millions of dollars associated?

IMO, Tony will lose his sponsor because this is the second year in a row his hobby cost them big time, not because people think he's bad.

The big question is whether or not NASCAR is going to let him back on the track. Their ratings have increased since this incident, I don't know who makes the decisions but whoever it is, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

so who gets to make the decision if was a accident or not?

Unfortunately it will never be fully resolved. The story will just slowly get less attention.

That is unfortunate because some folks will never believe in Stewarts innocence.
A lot of high minded types will tag him as guilty and hold to that for all eternity in spite not having the facts. The pretentious vainity couldn't be more obvious, their so called fair righteous pious pomp is just another weight they will easily add to this horrendous burden Stewart has to live with for the rest of his life.

I think he should just go ahead and get back to racing. The snarkers will be there next week, or next year, he should race and take some comfort in pissing them off.

I do sympathize with the Ward family and their greif can't be denied. But as for the other scoffers I wish Tony could put a big FuQ decal on the car and carry on.

The big question is whether or not NASCAR is going to let him back on the track. Their ratings have increased since this incident, I don't know who makes the decisions but whoever it is, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
So because the ratings jumped one week, NASCAR should consider not allowing him back. :rolleyes:

So much flawed logic in that post, I'm not even gonna waste my time.

So because the ratings jumped one week, NASCAR should consider not allowing him back. :rolleyes:

So much flawed logic in that post, I'm not even gonna waste my time.
There is a possibility that Tony will get banned. Not because of ratings, but because he killed a young driver under caution by running him over with his race car. Oh yeah, and millions of dollars.

IMO, Tony will lose his sponsor because this is the second year in a row his hobby cost them big time, not because people think he's bad.
I would think they got more play. every week it was the same story as to what happen to why he is not racing over and over.

Well when Ive driven a snow machine it seems like it did not have a tranny. But now that you say make sense. As I climbed a hill the engine changed (belt?)

Had a CVT car once-hated it. Dodge Caliber.

I have soloed in an old prop airplane though. Just a basic piper tomahawk..constant pitch prop..those things have no tranny.I do get it...at idle that prop was really moving still.
Yeah, most prop planes are just direct drive because they can't spare the weight for a transmission. Some of the more high perf ones do have variable pitch props which have kind of a single-gear transmission setup but they don't really call them transmissions.

At Oshkosh two years ago Continental had a V8 aviation engine on display. I was kind of shocked, I thought V8s were out of vogue in aviation because the unbalanced torque from the engine caused a natural pitching but I guess they figured it out.

GREAT perspective from @Crockerin on what it is like inside winged sprint car. I wish all could watch.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video?vid=&vid=318236739524
It is a good video. But what is the reason behind it? Like I said before obviously they can see outta these cars as its a sanctioned racing series!
I can't trust any testimony from any stakeholder in the sport. Or friend of Tony for that matter.
They all have vested interests.
I am no fan of Tony I'll be honest. I believe him to be a hipocrite when it comes to other racers driving styles BUT I do not pre- judge either and I don't want the investigation to find him guilty of anything TTTT (To Tell The Truth).
But most of the crowd here is so partisan of Tony and racing in general (which is understandable) that anyone stating facts or disagreeing is demonized.

I just want all the facts divulged from that incident so we can all make a rational decision.

I would think they got more play. every week it was the same story as to what happen to why he is not racing over and over.

Really haven't heard Tony's sponsors mentioned in the coverage. I think they are paying for a championship contender.

Yeah, most prop planes are just direct drive because they can't spare the weight for a transmission. Some of the more high perf ones do have variable pitch props which have kind of a single-gear transmission setup but they don't really call them transmissions.

At Oshkosh two years ago Continental had a V8 aviation engine on display. I was kind of shocked, I thought V8s were out of vogue in aviation because the unbalanced torque from the engine caused a natural pitching but I guess they figured it out.

I really have to thank you for your comments and Leroy for posting that part about direct drive. I have direct experience with that prop and MAN! at idle that thing is turning like crazy. As for V8s thanks for sharing...was it normally aspirated kevin?

Unfortunately it will never be fully resolved. The story will just slowly get less attention.

That is unfortunate because some folks will never believe in Stewarts innocence.
A lot of high minded types will tag him as guilty and hold to that for all eternity in spite not having the facts. The pretentious vainity couldn't be more obvious, their so called fair righteous pious pomp is just another weight they will easily add to this horrendous burden Stewart has to live with for the rest of his life.

I think he should just go ahead and get back to racing. The snarkers will be there next week, or next year, he should race and take some comfort in pissing them off.

I do sympathize with the Ward family and their greif can't be denied. But as for the other scoffers I wish Tony could put a big FuQ decal on the car and carry on.

You know what? I hope Tony wins a championship and he gives the haters the finger. No one knows the hell that man is going through right now. All the blessings in the world to Stewart and the Ward family.

There is a possibility that Tony will get banned. Not because of ratings, but because he killed a young driver under caution by running him over with his race car. Oh yeah, and millions of dollars.
Please cite a reliable source saying that there is a possibility that Tony Stewart will be banned from racing.

1. So the ratings increase one week, and that means he shouldn't be on the track?, and Tony has a lot of fans, so i don't think that would be a good idea
2. Where have you heard about him being banned, i have heard nothing about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom