2022 Silly Season

How do you know that though
In the case of the 25, it was never true. As for the 21, it IS true, because Penske sends up and coming engineers and crew chiefs over there to hone their skills and then brings them home to the mother ship to work on the A team if they succeed. It's not a coincidence that Bullins earned his stripes over there, and Hassler is the next guy being called home. It's a fine strategy and probably benefits everyone involved, just keep in mind that the 21 car is NOT the equal to the 2,12 and 22.

At the conclusion of this season I will have been a member here for 4 years. I never thought I’d be a contributing member of an Internet forum but here we are. I have seen in my time here a member derail multiple threads with multiple identities each time he was suspended, various Cup points systems complaints of which I was a participating culprit in just a few, Angst about how a Cup owner spends his money outside of racing, Push Rod debate, crystal ball predictions about Wilkesboro and Rockingham coming back, speculation if a sponsor is a real sponsor even if they cut a check to a team and their name is on the car but you can’t buy product at Walmart , and probably other mind numbing exercises I’m forgetting but this..this Di Burrito debate has been the MOST exhausting topic since I’ve been here. No mas...I tap out. Fire Kyle Busch and put Matt in the 18.

I'll just say two things. First, participation in ANY of these threads is OPTIONAL. If a topic is not for you, stay out of certain ones and maintain your sanity. If you think one derails, move on. Second, I'm sure your last sentence was mostly in jest, but just to be clear, I don't ANYBODY on Matt's side is saying that or anything close to it. I think most of his supporters are saying (myself included) is that he has aquitted himself well enough to stay right where he is, no more, no less. The problem with this thread is that it long ago moved past an honest assessment of the situation and become a personal thing against both Matt and his supporters.

I'll just say two things. First, participation in ANY of these threads is OPTIONAL. If a topic is not for you, stay out of certain ones and maintain your sanity. If you think one derails, move on. Second, I'm sure your last sentence was mostly in jest, but just to be clear, I don't ANYBODY on Matt's side is saying that or anything close to it. I think most of his supporters are saying (myself included) is that he has aquitted himself well enough to stay right where he is, no more, no less. The problem with this thread is that it long ago moved past an honest assessment of the situation and become a personal thing against both Matt and his supporters.
It turns into a exercise that’s different than an optional one if the same topic dominates multiple threads

I have a feeling Matt is going to get lapped at Kansas. Of course with the wave arounds and lucky dogs he probably wont stay that way, but with a long green run I think it is possible

At the conclusion of this season I will have been a member here for 4 years. I never thought I’d be a contributing member of an Internet forum but here we are. I have seen in my time here a member derail multiple threads with multiple identities each time he was suspended, various Cup points systems complaints of which I was a participating culprit in just a few, Angst about how a Cup owner spends his money outside of racing, Push Rod debate, crystal ball predictions about Wilkesboro and Rockingham coming back, speculation if a sponsor is a real sponsor even if they cut a check to a team and their name is on the car but you can’t buy product at Walmart , and probably other mind numbing exercises I’m forgetting but this..this Di Burrito debate has been the MOST exhausting topic since I’ve been here. No mas...I tap out. Fire Kyle Busch and put Matt in the 18.
Graded out to a B, as you failed to mention Danica...she has to be in there somewhere. Your write-up would have been a solid A otherwise.

Graded out to a B, as you failed to mention Danica...she has to be in there somewhere. Your write-up would have been a solid A otherwise.
I came around here on the tail end of Danica, missed most of the fun I think

I have a feeling Matt is going to get lapped at Kansas. Of course with the wave arounds and lucky dogs he probably wont stay that way, but with a long green run I think it is possible
Well he finished P4 at Kansas in the spring and P6 at Michigan in the fall and have had top 10s at tracks like Atlanta and Texas, so they don’t have a bad 1.5m program. All just comes down to circumstances.

I agree with that one.

Hmm that's a head scratcher
May I ask what's so confusing about it?

Seriously, I'm not being funny at all. I think they will be a solid pairing together. A lot of Xfinity is pay to play and Creed and Hill both have funding to support two cars for RCR.

@Charlie Spencer please no, I'm doing my best to ignore mentioning... Him.

May I ask what's so confusing about it?

Seriously, I'm not being funny at all. I think they will be a solid pairing together. A lot of Xfinity is pay to play and Creed and Hill both have funding to support two cars for RCR.

@Charlie Spencer please no, I'm doing my best to ignore mentioning... Him.
It's simple, funding or not I don't think Hill is that good. He has been driving for a championship team and he keeps blowing it.

It's simple, funding or not I don't think Hill is that good. He has been driving for a championship team and he keeps blowing it.
Fair enough, but I think Hill will be a consistent top 8 to 12th driver in Xfinity every week. I'm expecting Creed to crumple a lot of cars, at first.

Creed has the higher ceiling, but Hill is really good at positioning himself at the right times. I think the dynamic will work well for them next season. Good for a competitive car count as well.

FWIW I do think Childress had pick of the litter out of the trucks. No telling how long Hill's contract is. I think rookie Hocevar is one to watch if he keeps it up

If I were Newman and it was RWR or retire I'm retiring.
If I were Newman I would retire from full-time competition even if offered the #5 or #9 rides.

It's clear that he is past his prime and should have retired before the Daytona accident...that alone should have been his wake-up call but I understand him wanting to continue. I think he feels the need to be in a car to distract himself from his divorce and to prove something to himself and others, but his racing passion just isn't there anymore.

Fair enough, but I think Hill will be a consistent top 8 to 12th driver in Xfinity every week. I'm expecting Creed to crumple a lot of cars, at first.

Creed has the higher ceiling, but Hill is really good at positioning himself at the right times. I think the dynamic will work well for them next season. Good for a competitive car count as well.
I think Hill is a pretty good driver. I think he needs someone to help him to not get in so many tough situations.

I think it is going to be harder for Hill next year. If he thought he was having a rough time in the trucks and was getting rooted out of the way, it sure isn't going to be any picnic in Xfinity. Quite a few salty veterans that know all of the tricks in that series.

If I were Newman I would retire from full-time competition even if offered the #5 or #9 rides.

It's clear that he is past his prime and should have retired before the Daytona accident...that alone should have been his wake-up call but I understand him wanting to continue. I think he feels the need to be in a car to distract himself from his divorce and to prove something to himself and others, but his racing passion just isn't there anymore.

What? Can you pass the good stuff? Newman was plenty good in 2019

I don’t ever remember Ricky having 3 top 5s and 14 top 10s and making it in on points. Lol

no use humiliating yourself, go race the modified's
Not so sure. They wont have old race cars, they will have basically the same stuff just not the engineering staff. Newman is an engineer so maybe he would like the challenge but you could be right, he may just go back to the ranch and say screw it all

Austin Hill is a big boy, tough driver, I’m not convinced on his upside, but he is much better than these young kid ridebuyers

Yeah. Newman should run Modifieds full time & the 39 Roush-Keselowski car part time for the dirt race, maybe a few other R&D races.

Maybe a few SRX eventually too I hope while he’s still somewhat good.

I could definitely see him hanging it up, but hope he has a spot in SRX if he wants.

Last edited:

Both will drive circles around Myatt Snider.

Both will drive circles around Myatt Snider.
Like Myatt, but after his win he was all over the place.

If he can go somewhere like another RCR-backed team or go back to RSS, I think he would be a better fit in those organizations.

...I doubt this is real

Haas, huh? Well, maybe if Almirola's bacon money doesn't come through? More likely an Xfinity ride?

From the article:

Haas owner Gene Haas owns the Haas-Steward team in NASCAR. The move would make a lot of sense for both parties involved as Haas would get a fast driver and Kvyat would get a drive.

That's the only supporting statement. That isn't much to hang a rumor on, esp. since Kvyat hasn't demonstrated he IS a fast driver in a stock car.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom