'21 Generation 7 Car news

Do IMSA GT3 cars use a common chassis?
You’re nit picking, but he’s not wrong about the Next Gen car being incredibly influenced by the GT3 cars as well as Australian Supercars. So much so that NASCAR isn’t afraid of marketing those aspects either and have been basking in that PR for the new car. More than likely because those racing series have been leaps and bounds ahead of NASCAR in modernizing their cars for many years. NASCAR is finally catching up.

The poster’s contention is erroneous. The common NASCAR chassis was not derived from manufacturer-specific IMSA GT3 chassis. Those things are race-prepped versions of street-legal cars with a variety of engine locations.

He didn’t mention the Australian cars but you did. Thank goodness for that. Penske owned V8 cars. That’s where the RTA initiative started.

The poster’s contention is erroneous. The common NASCAR chassis was not derived from manufacturer-specific IMSA GT3 chassis. Those things are race-prepped versions of street-legal cars with a variety of engine locations.

He didn’t mention the Australian cars but you did. Thank goodness for that. Penske owned V8 cars. That’s where the RTA initiative started.
The poster didn't mention the chassis but you did. Repeatedly.

The poster didn't mention the chassis but you did. Repeatedly.
What is "under the skin" but the chassis? Which is exactly what he's talking about. I include suspension/steering/brakes with chassis because the current car is a slightly updated 70's Ford Galaxie spliced into a 68 Chevelle.

What is "under the skin" but the chassis? Which is exactly what he's talking about. I include suspension/steering/brakes with chassis because the current car is a slightly updated 70's Ford Galaxie spliced into a 68 Chevelle.
Don't forget the truck arms.

You’re nit picking, but he’s not wrong about the Next Gen car being incredibly influenced by the GT3 cars as well as Australian Supercars. So much so that NASCAR isn’t afraid of marketing those aspects either and have been basking in that PR for the new car. More than likely because those racing series have been leaps and bounds ahead of NASCAR in modernizing their cars for many years. NASCAR is finally catching up.

I just want to see Jamie Whincup do a few road races in the states

What the hell is Toyota doing with a next gen car in the first place? More hand holding for the preacher? Can't his bunch put a car together and test it?

What the hell is Toyota doing with a next gen car in the first place? More hand holding for the preacher? Can't his bunch put a car together and test it?
Who put together the Chevy and Ford?

Where was the Toy?
Looks like it became a parts car

1627568761794.png

NASCAR delivers Next Gen chassis, answering some questions and raising others​

NASCAR has more manufacturer and Goodyear tire tests ⁠— typically three cars but possibly at Daytona with more than three ⁠— scheduled in the next couple of months. The first test with what could be at least a dozen cars is expected to be the first organizational test ⁠— one car per organization ⁠— that is set for mid-October on the Charlotte road course.

I am in favor of not moving them at all, but if it was going to happen, then back would have been my choice, so it stands to reason that NASCAR would do the exact OPPOSITE of ANYTHING I want to happen. At some point you have to wonder if someone in NASCAR has some kind on vendetta against ANYTHING favored by fans from before 2004.

Back
Top Bottom