• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
checkbanana-gif.33353
checkbanana-gif.33353
checkbanana-gif.33353
:D

I thought I was through with the pacing and worrying when Dale Jr. retired. LOL

Matt Willis‏ @WillisOnNASCAR
Chase Elliott is 22 years, 328 days today for his 3rd career win.
Only one other driver has won 3 Cup races before turning 23. Kyle Busch, (3rd win at 21 years, 75 days).
Only other drivers to do it before turning 24 are Richard Petty, Joey Logano, Jeff Gordon, Junior Johnson.

I still think about Ford turning down Bill and Chase.
where was he going to go with Ford? Roush?, have Ford persuade Penske after he just switched to Ford..if he had yet? I don't know the timing, but Ford wasn't doing so well business wise in the fairly recent past. Hendrick knew he was going to have some openings soon I would think.

where was he going to go with Ford? Roush?, have Ford persuade Penske after he just switched to Ford..if he had yet? I don't know the timing, but Ford wasn't doing so well business wise in the fairly recent past. Hendrick knew he was going to have some openings soon I would think.
Exactly. Blessing in disguise. If he would’ve ended up at Roush then his career would have been DOA.

Exactly. Blessing in disguise. If he would’ve ended up at Roush then his career would have been DOA.
boy this one would get them going over at the car or the driver thread. :D I don't think baby jesus can get a Roush car into the three win column about now.

I vaguely remember there being a thread here calling him a bust when I first signed up. That sure has not aged well, now has it?
Nah, that narrative is very much alive. “With all the equipment and advantages he’s been handed, he should have 10-15 wins!!!” If they don’t play that card, it’s the tired “just imagine if Larson wasn’t handcuffed with Ganassi equipment!!!” It’s ok, though. The first 2.5 years were rough with disappointment as an Elliott fan. But it’s been really fun to watch the transformation starting after Martinsville last year until now. Makes this roll all the sweeter. Even better that there were no flukes (plate races, fuel mileage, etc.). He’s beaten the best in the business each time. The mental monkey is officially off his back. I hate it for the other drivers’ guys. :punkrocke

Good.run by Chase. Getting the monkey off his back was big

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That monkey? that monkey has jumped up on winless Hambone's back and is riding him like he stole him.:p

That monkey? that monkey has jumped up on winless Hambone's back and is riding him like he stole him.:p
Man, what I thought would have been with Denny lol

Thought he was the real deal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The thing is, at the time it was just about running late models and seeing what the kid really had. They had LOTS of time to figure out what to do with him. I like the Rick Hendrick the Toyota approach of "Let's get good prospects into the pipeline and figure out just where to put them later." How many times has Hendrick signed a driver and THEN built a team for them?

The thing is, at the time it was just about running late models and seeing what the kid really had. They had LOTS of time to figure out what to do with him. I like the Rick Hendrick the Toyota approach of "Let's get good prospects into the pipeline and figure out just where to put them later." How many times has Hendrick signed a driver and THEN built a team for them?

not very many he said one time we must have wrecked 50 cars trying that.

not very many he said one time we must have wrecked 50 cars trying that.

The 24 and 48 teams were built AFTER their drivers were signed. Not quite the same thing, but the 25 and the 17 teams were too. Hendrick made room for Brian Vickers, Kyle Busch and he tried like hell to make room for Keselowski, he was just a year off on available slots. The period when they tore up so many cars was when they were still trying to run their own Busch Series team, which honestly was never very good. Some of the guys they tried out also seemed like quite a reach. Since he turned that part of the deal over to JRM, the results have been MUCH better.

Nah, that narrative is very much alive. “With all the equipment and advantages he’s been handed, he should have 10-15 wins!!!” If they don’t play that card, it’s the tired “just imagine if Larson wasn’t handcuffed with Ganassi equipment!!!” It’s ok, though. The first 2.5 years were rough with disappointment as an Elliott fan. But it’s been really fun to watch the transformation starting after Martinsville last year until now. Makes this roll all the sweeter. Even better that there were no flukes (plate races, fuel mileage, etc.). He’s beaten the best in the business each time. The mental monkey is officially off his back. I hate it for the other drivers’ guys. :punkrocke
I mean he did get handed a team that went to the championship 4 when Larson got a Juan Pablo Montoya team so it does hold weight. They are both great drivers but you can’t honestly say that Chase has had a better opportunity. HMS is just a better organization.

The 24 and 48 teams were built AFTER their drivers were signed. Not quite the same thing, but the 25 and the 17 teams were too. Hendrick made room for Brian Vickers, Kyle Busch and he tried like hell to make room for Keselowski, he was just a year off on available slots. The period when they tore up so many cars was when they were still trying to run their own Busch Series team, which honestly was never very good. Some of the guys they tried out also seemed like quite a reach. Since he turned that part of the deal over to JRM, the results have been MUCH better.
no it wasn't but I am not going to get into a three page line of B.S. , believe what you want to believe, it was after Hendrick was asked the question of if he wanted to have a farming system like Toyota has and he said already tried that, wrecked like 50 cars don't want to do that again.

He doesn't have to. He has JR Motorsports for that. They do the work and he gets Cup drivers. Once JJ hangs it up, it is entirely possible that all four HMS drivers will be JRM alumni.

Chase looks well on his way to having the most wins at HMS combined this year, like I predicted.

I mean he did get handed a team that went to the championship 4 when Larson got a Juan Pablo Montoya team so it does hold weight. They are both great drivers but you can’t honestly say that Chase has had a better opportunity. HMS is just a better organization.
Yes, HMS was better, but Larson also had chances to get into top tier cars if rumors were true but stayed with Chip. Larson is a hell of a wheelman, but so is Chase. At this point, I'd argue that Chase is mentally tougher than Larson. Still, I'd hire either to drive my car in a nanosecond.

No, it was Ford, refuse bill Davis 's plan. He had it all lined up.

According to Bickford, in 1992, NASCAR team owner Jack Roush called him up and told Bickford he wanted to hire Gordon. After a brief discussion, Bickford said he was amenable to the idea of Gordon driving for Roush and he had a great young crew chief named Ray Evernham who Bickford wanted to be part of the deal.

"My drivers don’t get to pick their own crew chiefs," Roush told Bickford. "I do that."

Whereupon Bickford said goodbye to Roush and hung up the phone, because it was a package deal.

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sh...f-failed-attempt-to-hire-racing-phenom-012315

Back
Top Bottom