SILLY SEASON 2019

“I don’t feel like I need another year of Xfinity,” Bell said in a Wednesday teleconference. ;)

I don't think it would help his career to stay in Xfinity another year, he'd stagnate

Toyota's bankrolling the lower series, K&N and Arca with all of these Toyota development drivers gives them a big pool of talent, but it isn't all good, other teams don't have to go thru the culling process and pay for all of the wrecked machinery of the fails and other teams can swoop in and snipe drivers away with an open seat , Larson and Byron are a couple recently.

Toyota's bankrolling the lower series, K&N and Arca with all of these Toyota development drivers gives them a big pool of talent, but it isn't all good, other teams don't have to go thru the culling process and pay for all of the wrecked machinery of the fails and other teams can swoop in and snipe drivers away with an open seat , Larson and Byron are a couple recently.

TRD understands this. David Wilson has gone on record saying that they know full well that they will lose drivers. He sees this as giving back to the sport. Actually, he is saving other teams and manufacturers money by doing the heavy lifting. Before you go all "that's bull****" on me, he goes on to say that while this is fact, TRD wants first pick. Larson is a HUGE sore spot for TRD. They lost him, and from that, the Toyota Driver Development Program was born. Byron is a different story, but always clumped with the other Development drivers. Hendrick, and most importantly, JRM, didn't have a truck program for him. They basically loaned him to KBM in my opinion. Now, TRD and KBM "claim" him, but I have never seen Byron as part of Toyota's future. We knew he would leave as quick as he came, and he did.

“I don’t feel like I need another year of Xfinity,” Bell said in a Wednesday teleconference. ;)

TRD's response...."Thank you for sharing. See ya in Xfinity next year." There is a limit to his voice in all of this. Bell is valued, but there is a point. Having said all of that, I am sure that Coach and TRD have shown him the blueprint. He knows where he will be and when. No question. Just like Jones.

I don't think it would help his career to stay in Xfinity another year, he'd stagnate

Fine. Stagnate....but he needs to wait a year so that they can find him a spot.....unless he brings money for a full ride of course.

It's amazing we have a guy that answers for Toyota, and he isn't on the payroll "we" SMH.

I study this stuff man. I could be wrong, but probably not. Part of my passion that drives people nuts I guess. It's "WE" not "we" BTW. :p

It would be a mistake if Chevy and Ford didn't at least have conversations with Bell. He's gotta be among the top three or four prospects in years.
No more of a prospect than Jones or byron in my opinion.. he's good, damn good. But we've seen this movie before

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ive said it before that i would love to see bell in the 1 car,with larson in the 42

It would be a mistake if Chevy and Ford didn't at least have conversations with Bell. He's gotta be among the top three or four prospects in years.
For some reason the Ford thinkers are missing your posts. Never mind they lost Jeff many years ago because of Jack's control thinking, things haven't changed at all. Here they are hiring a has been with no future other than a test driver and let young Elliot go to GM. History repeats itself.

For some reason the Ford thinkers are missing your posts. Never mind they lost Jeff many years ago because of Jack's control thinking, things haven't changed at all. Here they are hiring a has been with no future other than a test driver and let young Elliot go to GM. History repeats itself.
hmm let's see should I go to Roush with Stenhouse and Bayne or should I go to Hendrick? whew that would be a tough one right? :p

hmm let's see should I go to Roush with Stenhouse and Bayne or should I go to Hendrick? whew that would be a tough one right? :p
Apparently his Dad Bill approached Ford first as the young boys manager, then he talked to Rick
without talking to any other manufacturer. I still think Rick Hendrick is one of the top three business men in all Nascar. I have a feeling GM doesn't play much of a role in Nascar other than a little advertising and supply body parts to teams. In my opinion they leave most of the deal in the hands of HMS. Ford made this same mistake with RFR until they signed Penske and now they have recruited SHR. Can you imagine a world where RFR could talk SHR into going Ford?
Might I ask what you've seen to indicate Penske plans to add a fourth team?
If Roush could fund another car, wouldn't he bring Buescher back in house?
I still don't see why people talk about Buescher. Yes he has a fluke win but IMO he is top 20 driver at best and works harder to bring the car home in one piece than he does trying to make the top 10.
And Roger Penske, Rick Hendrick, and Gene Haas DO have the time?
Yes because they are business men and know you can own in whole or in part as many businesses as you can find top management with out breaking the bank.

I have no idea, I'll stick with my thoughts above. They make more sense to me.
Apparently his Dad Bill approached Ford first as the young boys manager, then he talked to Rick
without talking to any other manufacturer. I still think Rick Hendrick is one of the top three business men in all Nascar. I have a feeling GM doesn't play much of a role in Nascar other than a little advertising and supply body parts to teams. In my opinion they leave most of the deal in the hands of HMS. Ford made this same mistake with RFR until they signed Penske and now they have recruited SHR. Can you imagine a world where RFR could talk SHR into going Ford?

as long as we are making stuff up, when Bill went to see Jack, he apologized and say sorry Jack I got to go with Hendrick..BTW Jack how are Carl and Kenseth doing over there at JGR?

I have no idea, I'll stick with my thoughts above. They make more sense to me.

as long as we are making stuff up, when Bill went to see Jack, he apologized and say sorry Jack I got to go with Hendrick..BTW Jack how are Carl and Kenseth doing over there at JGR?

Bill Elliott specifically said that he approached Ford about a development deal for young Chase, and he said they had zero interest. Why they wouldn't have interest is a real mystery to me. That would be like Chevrolet say they weren't interested in Dale Earnhardt Jr. back in the day. Maybe the answer would have been a little different if Bill had went to an individual team, but the way I understand it, he went to Ford on the corporate level. I don't know what kind of relationship Bill did or didn't have with Rick Hendrick previously, but when approached, Rick wisely said yes. I imagine Rick understood that Chase would be marketable enough to attract sponsors, so all he had to do was put him in some cars and see what he could do. One of the reasons sons of former drivers get opportunities others don't is that when you are starting out, having someone with a "name" just makes it an easier grab sponsor's attention as well as media coverage. It's MUCH easier to ask a potential sponsor to back Bill Elliott's son than it is to ask them to back Ed the pipefitter's son.

Yes because they are business men and know you can own in whole or in part as many businesses as you can find top management with out breaking the bank.

And John Menard is NOT a businessman? I believe John Menard has more personal wealth than the other three combined, and he made every dollar of it.

Bill Elliott specifically said that he approached Ford about a development deal for young Chase, and he said they had zero interest. Why they wouldn't have interest is a real mystery to me. That would be like Chevrolet say they weren't interested in Dale Earnhardt Jr. back in the day. Maybe the answer would have been a little different if Bill had went to an individual team, but the way I understand it, he went to Ford on the corporate level. I don't know what kind of relationship Bill did or didn't have with Rick Hendrick previously, but when approached, Rick wisely said yes. I imagine Rick understood that Chase would be marketable enough to attract sponsors, so all he had to do was put him in some cars and see what he could do. One of the reasons sons of former drivers get opportunities others don't is that when you are starting out, having someone with a "name" just makes it an easier grab sponsor's attention as well as media coverage. It's MUCH easier to ask a potential sponsor to back Bill Elliott's son than it is to ask them to back Ed the pipefitter's son.

That's a great story.

You missed my point.

OK, let's try this again. It was suggested that John Menard didn't own a race team because he didn't have time. I pointed out that he shouldn't have any LESS time than, Penske, Hendrick, and Haas. Your post seemed to suggest to me that you thought those three knew how to do something that Menard didn't. I questioned what that was. Now please tell me what point you were tying to make, because I must have missed it.

My point was that Menard could own as many teams as he wants to because like Rick or Roger they are smart enough to hire and put in place management to run the company. I was agreeing with you that him having the time was NOT a factor.

We’re spending John Menard’s money? Count me in, I have a wish list myself

My point was that Menard could own as many teams as he wants to because like Rick or Roger they are smart enough to hire and put in place management to run the company. I was agreeing with you that him having the time was NOT a factor.

OK then. Sorry, I must have missed something in the translation. :)

Doesn't Suarez's contract run out in 2019? 2020 is probably when we see Bell in the 19

LFR working on resigning Kahne for 2019. Looking to add new sponsors including one from another team that's contacted them if they resign Kasey. 90% sure they are switching manufacturers have told RCR they are ending alliance. They will not have a 2nd car so that shoots down that Christopher Bell rumor.

People really anxious to prematurely rush Bell up to Cup so he can be a wrecking ball and finish 20th every week, and then clamor for him to be fired when he needs more seat time and experience. I swear people never learn lol

Arris wont let that happen lol he wont be going anywhere! You're going to see Bell in a different Toyota until 2022 when he takes the 11. Unless Ford or GM take him away.
Arris is that attached to Suarez? They came on when Edward's was still in that car

LFR working on resigning Kahne for 2019. Looking to add new sponsors including one from another team that's contacted them if they resign Kasey. 90% sure they are switching manufacturers have told RCR they are ending alliance. They will not have a 2nd car so that shoots down that Christopher Bell rumor.

I love this team coming to Toyota, and I love Kahne in it. This will be a fascinating story if it happens. A fresh start for Kasey in the best equipment. Toyota likes him. He seems comfortable and happy. Would be great to see his career turn around on this. It's happened before. Our Champion. Similar age. Similar circumstances. This could be good if it happens.

People really anxious to prematurely rush Bell up to Cup so he can be a wrecking ball and finish 20th every week, and then clamor for him to be fired when he needs more seat time and experience. I swear people never learn lol

This exactly. Bell is not a lock even if they take their time with him.

Got to wonder what manufacturer they are moving to. Any ideas? They bring up Toyota, it that it?

Back
Top Bottom