SILLY SEASON 2019

Great to see Preece and Hemric in Cup. Preece was not gonna get a good full-time ride in Xfinity, so the #47 was probably the best option for him.
Hemric is one of the most underrated Xfinity drivers, IMO. I personally see him on the same level as Bell and Allgaier, he just didn't get a win yet.

I think Dinger would be a great IMSA driver. He could still drive part-time in NASCAR. I'm sure a lot of teams would love him as a road course ringer.

Hemric has never been underrated.

He was when he was driving for NTS in the truck series. Hemric may not have won a race, but the man is a A+ racer. He will be a great addition to the Cup field next year.

Also, if he was with JRM or JGR, he would be a multi-time winner with no issue. RCR I think is replacing Hemric with Shane Lee possibly, so I think Lee will do a good job. Just not as good as Hemric.

He was when he was driving for NTS in the truck series. Hemric may not have won a race, but the man is a A+ racer. He will be a great addition to the Cup field next year.

Also, if he was with JRM or JGR, he would be a multi-time winner with no issue. RCR I think is replacing Hemric with Shane Lee possibly, so I think Lee will do a good job. Just not as good as Hemric.
But....will he out run Pop-Pop’s Grandson?

no he wasn't, when he was driving for Keselowski in the trucks, just like driving for Childers he got what he could out of a slower piece. Some of you guys aren't taking the equipment into consideration IMO. Top 5 in 2016 were all tweaked out Yotas, he came in 6th in the Ford

no he wasn't, when he was driving for Keselowski in the trucks, just like driving for Childers he got what he could out of a slower piece. Some of you guys aren't taking the equipment into consideration IMO. Top 5 in 2016 were all tweaked out Yotas, he came in 6th in the Ford

That's an interesting point until one remembers that you won't apply it to Kenseth and Bayne having similar results in the 6 car this year.

You didn't read my post did you, I considered equipment and when he was with NTS was Hemric on a lot of radars? Not really, but he did great job to get Brad's attention for the BKR truck.

Hemric's name was on the map after that '15 season. He finished 7th in the standings the year before. That's why I said he was underrated, then he went to BKR and did what you just stated. Everyone knows the man is a fantastic racer now.

You didn't read my post did you, I considered equipment and when he was with NTS was Hemric on a lot of radars? Not really, but he did great job to get Brad's attention for the BKR truck.

Hemric's name was on the map after that '15 season. He finished 7th in the standings the year before. That's why I said he was underrated, then he went to BKR and did what you just stated. Everyone knows the man is a fantastic racer now.

that was my opinion, people throw this "he's underrated" term around a lot. I have no idea where they come up with that. He has been constantly over performing and out driving what a Childress car can do this year.

that was my opinion, people throw this "he's underrated" term around a lot. I have no idea where they come up with that. He has been constantly over performing and out driving what a Childress car can do this year.

Understood, I get you old man.:p

I don’t see Hemric doing anything significant in the 31.

What's the standard of significance? I think he's a better option than Ryan Newman at this point and that's what we're talking about here. He's ran better than Austin or Ty have in the Xfinity Series this season.

What's the standard of significance? I think he's a better option than Ryan Newman at this point and that's what we're talking about here. He's ran better than Austin or Ty have in the Xfinity Series this season.
Time will tell. Many drivers don’t make the cut moving to Cup. I think Hemric doesn’t have the cha-cha.

I don’t see Hemric doing anything significant in the 31.
He won't because he will be driving #8 :D
As long as he out performs the grand kids in the same equipment he will be fine.
So far he has shown to be a patient smart driver who likes a long run set up.

SHR is still in discussions with Suarez and Carlos Slim...and the money behind Suarez makes his appearance.

I try not to jump the shark, but Haas has sponsored half of Kurt Busch for a number of years, and it is pocket change for Slim. I think it is a done deal but Haas could be trying to squeeze Team Slim for more coin or they are discussing the small stuff. Could be wrong, but this much time spent between the two looks like a good sign Suarez is going to be driving a Ford for SHR next year.

Martin was not in the direct employ of JGR. That error has been corrected. We can now call JGR the whinny Bin of racing.

I already did. Smart ass story I don't think I have ever told here, but the day after JGR signed Kyle Busch, I bought the BIGGEST bottle of of Excedrin I could find and Fed-Ex'd it to JGR, attention Joe Gibbs. Inside, I put a little put a little note that said, "Hey Joe, with your driver lineup for next year and beyond, I have a feeling you're gonna NEED these fairly often". ;)

Could be wrong, but this much time spent between the two looks like a good sign Suarez is going to be driving a Ford for SHR next year.
I think so too, but you never know until contracts are signed... I am sure Telmex/American Movil operates with budgets, just like all large corporations do. To them, it is business. If what SHR is saying doesn't fit their budget... who knows??

For many years, Escudería Telmex has been an important marketing program for the company. Like Lowe's or FedEx but with one big difference... Because there is no truly major league racing indigenous to Mexico, their sponsorship goes abroad to support Mexico's best and brightest drivers. The purpose behind it is the same, however, to promote the company, to sell stuff to Mexican customers, many of whom are passionate racing fans. Telmex worked a biz-to-biz deal with Arris, which stretched their dollars further. If that is going away... or is being absorbed by The Preacher... it is possible Daniel Suarez gets hung out to dry. I hope the SHR deal works!

Speculating that Matt DiBenedetto might wind up in the Leavine #95. That would be cool, IMO.

Haven't seen any thread on him. Any possibility or updates on him going to a competitive car next year?

Haven't seen any thread on him. Any possibility or updates on him going to a competitive car next year?
IMO the 95 will be the most competitive car hes ever been in if it works out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

interesting how they do that

upload_2018-10-4_0-55-0.png

If the 41 is Gene's are the other 3 Tony's? Lol. Tony was pretty involved with the 10 after Aric took over...

Not sure I can think of a worse idea than putting a guy with no stock car experience in the sport's biggest race with the most aggressive style of racing.

Lol....I know hes good but so was every other recent open wheel guy...lol

Wonder who Fernando would run for...I think Hendrick could run a car for him since he’d be a “rookie”
Unless they changed the rules again, I don't think limited part time 5th car rookie entries are allowed anymore. A few years back Erik Jones was supposed to run a few races in a 5th JGR cup car but then they changed the rule

I wish Kurt Busch would finalize his deal so it can be announced. The guy has been having a great season.

The announcement will probably have to include Monster and they like to do things at the last minute.

I already did. Smart ass story I don't think I have ever told here, but the day after JGR signed Kyle Busch, I bought the BIGGEST bottle of of Excedrin I could find and Fed-Ex'd it to JGR, attention Joe Gibbs. Inside, I put a little put a little note that said, "Hey Joe, with your driver lineup for next year and beyond, I have a feeling you're gonna NEED these fairly often". ;)

As I am sure you know, Coach was somewhat involved in the football industry. He already had Excedrin. I am suspecting that the challenges Kyle Busch poses are small potatoes compared to that endeavor.

Back
Top Bottom