Storage building

Too Tall Jones. Now HAVE to extend the shed...

Attachments

• IMG_20230517_142611662_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230517_142611662_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20230517_142620759.jpg
    IMG_20230517_142620759.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20230517_165444533.jpg
    IMG_20230517_165444533.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Gonna go pricing some materials to either add on to the porch or shed. In a way, making porch longer makes more sense. Just drop the new section a foot to give me the headspace I need. But if doing that would really make sense to go full 20 feet to end of trailer. Enclose it with skeeter net. Maybe have a door on the end?

Hmmmm? 8x20x8x I AIN'T GOT ENOUGH MONEY!

Harbor Freight garage?🧐😳🤪 Problem is I wouldn't be able resist building a treated base. While could put HF "tent'ish" thing on that... I'd rather spend that 300 bucks on real materials. Decisions decisions. Right now waiting to see if gonna get paid in June. Insanity in action.

Had 3 month check-up with doctor Thursday. This is completely new for me. Only time I've been to doctor last 45ish years was for torn ligament & pneumonia few years back. Rarely get sick. Had "Medicare" physical April 7th. Elevated A1C & cholesterol. Cut out all sugar. Drinking unsweetened tea if you don't count little bit of honey. Lost 6 lbs without even trying. Right foot had been hurting just enough to curtail my walking. I swear...

Not sure what's up with that foot. Doc poked around on it and asked what I wanted to do. I suggested maybe chiropractor. She said, try it. Probably won't kill you. But also developed trigger thumb. The clicking wasn't the problem. It was the locking up and making me cry like a little girl that got my attention. Doc arrainged referral to hand clinic. Was only home about 1.5 hours and got call from hand clinic. Scheduled appointment for Friday at 10:25. All done. It locked up 3 times this morning before got in shower and 3 times drying myself. Not pleasant but not as painful as before. Said take 48-72 hours for Cortisone to take full effect. Hasn't clicked or locked up last 6 or so hours. ummmm? I take that back. It does still have very slight click. But we gaining. Also bought a new vertical trackball mouse. Can use it in left hand. Suspect having my RH wrapped around mouse all day aggravated the ligament.

Doc office called Fri afternoon and said cholesterol still elevated and prescribed Lipitor. Apparently A1C is within guidelines. I'll get a printout Monday. Cataract surgery scheduled for August 21st for left eye. I can't wait! Oddly the hand Cortisone somehow seems to have helped foot too. Swear is has. Possibly just arthritis? Gonna have to push thru it. I'll go to chiropractor Monday and see what he says. Never had a foot adjustment.

DAMN!! Sounds like it all dumped on you at one time. Honey no good. But, most likely better than artificial sweetener. Sounds like good diagnosis on thumb and using the mouse. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason for the issue and trigger finger. Also good thought on chiropractor. I used to think they were quacks until one day I was parked on Main Street and went to open the door of my pickup and couldn't move without serious pain. Somehow managed to get to my office and my Bride insisted I try a chiropractor. She contacted a chiropractor I had gone to the Pocono Race with just week or so earlier and he saw me right away. It wasn't one and done but it was the problem solver over time with heat packs and stimulation plus exercises. Ever since I've been a believer although visits anymore are rare. Not as much mental pressure as I had running our enterprise.

DAMN!! Sounds like it all dumped on you at one time. Honey no good. But, most likely better than artificial sweetener. Sounds like good diagnosis on thumb and using the mouse. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason for the issue and trigger finger. Also good thought on chiropractor. I used to think they were quacks until one day I was parked on Main Street and went to open the door of my pickup and couldn't move without serious pain. Somehow managed to get to my office and my Bride insisted I try a chiropractor. She contacted a chiropractor I had gone to the Pocono Race with just week or so earlier and he saw me right away. It wasn't one and done but it was the problem solver over time with heat packs and stimulation plus exercises. Ever since I've been a believer although visits anymore are rare. Not as much mental pressure as I had running our enterprise.
My chiropractor says no bueano on the heat. Says ice, ice, baby. Definitely works for my back pain. Foot is quite tolerable without any treatment. Really just need to get moving. The bone cracker is definitely a long term project.

Thumb is much better today. Still little nervous about it though. Definitely still kinda feels like the needle is still buried in my hand. But too far from my heart to kill me. Went outside and did maybe 20 minutes work. Got too hot. Probably spent more time getting things ready to do than actually doing any of it. Whatever.

Need to cancel Flo subscription, gotten so I go to bed fairly early and rarely watch anything, and Sling as I've given up on them ever prosecuting that douchebag. What I REALLY need to do is cancel my subscription to Hardee's biscuits & gravy every day. That's $120 month.

Us fixed income folks have to make choices.

Cancelled Flo, Sling, Hulu. Did last trip to Hardee's for breakfast today. Walked. Was pretty smoked by time got back. Need to start walking at maybe 6AM to avoid the heat. Back to eating either couple eggs or Raisin Bran for breakfast. No reason I shouldn't be holding at least 300 bucks a month, every month. Just gotten into bad habits.

It happens. Bad habits that is. recognizing them and ending them is a good thing. I scramble eggs and mix in chopped onion and red, green or yellow peppers or a combination of all the above. Makes a tasty meal and stays with you. A little overload on the fresh veggies but since I'm the cook and the only eater, who's gonna complain?
Can't seem to master the fine art of flipping eggs if it is a day when "over easy" is preferred. Keep breaking the yolk or generally screwing up the white and get it all bunched together. Was going to blame the pan or the spatula but decided it was better to place the blame where it belongs. :rolleyes: 😁:idunno::salute:
I also have oatmeal often. Using steel cut oats and cooking eight hours in a crock pot with freshly diced apple, cinnamon, vanilla extract and when done, let cool for an hour then put in fridge. Keeps for over a week and is great with blueberries or banana slices. Only takes one minute to reheat enough for breakfast and sticks to your ribs, breaks down slowly so it is good for diabetics. Steel cut oats are the only oats that do that.
The instant or quick breakfast oats are no better than Cheerios or the majority of breakfast cereals.

They look just right. A couple slices of rye toast with some butter and marmalade tops it off. Good stuff to sop the yolk with but better yet, fried potatoes, not Tater Tots or the shredded home fries, but good old fashioned fried potatoes with some onions.

Great. Main window AC is crapping out. Started making extra noise last season. Threatened to disassemble to see what was wrong but never happened. Cycles on and seems fine for little while. Then main fan shuts off while compressor stays running for another 2 minutes or so. Shuts down for 15 seconds and repeats.

Ordered another 12K from Amazon. $420ish bucks to front door. My eyes are getting so bad I don't want to drive anywhere. Wouldn't have been any cheaper locally anyway. Be here Friday.

Would have preferred a 15K but I doubt the breaker would have handled it. It'll be fine. Doesn't look like any shed construction will happen this year. Have to squirrel away money all winter.

Great. Main window AC is crapping out. Started making extra noise last season. Threatened to disassemble to see what was wrong but never happened. Cycles on and seems fine for little while. Then main fan shuts off while compressor stays running for another 2 minutes or so. Shuts down for 15 seconds and repeats.

Ordered another 12K from Amazon. $420ish bucks to front door. My eyes are getting so bad I don't want to drive anywhere. Wouldn't have been any cheaper locally anyway. Be here Friday.

Would have preferred a 15K but I doubt the breaker would have handled it. It'll be fine. Doesn't look like any shed construction will happen this year. Have to squirrel away money all winter.

Morton's Salt.

Of course AC is working fine today but it's almost 10 degrees cooler outside. Will build frame for it to sit on this time. Maybe get some rubber mounts? Only about 15 bucks.

I want ice cream...

Appears Fedex lost the AC. Around 730 am said it was in Garner which is less than 10 miles away. By time I'd fried my eggs and turned slice of bread into a hockey puck in air fryer <supposed to be toasted/not so much>the 730ish time in tracking was long gone. Said it was back in Georgia where it started from.

Computer glitch. But it's typical Fedex. Their tracking is about same as USPS. It's in Singapore...uhhh...wait, it's in your hand. Uhhh? No. It's not. Uhhhh? We don't know where it but it's sure to turn up eventually?

My patience is completely gone. Although, never had any to start with.

For those that think I must be a completely miserable person...I'm sitting her smirking super happy I don't have to work any more. Just like whining.

Attachments

• Winning.jpg
    Winning.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 47
Cancelled it. They still don't know they lost it. I'll wait till I get my refund then order another. Think I'll run a section of 12/2 from the 20amp circuit on the porch inside the house for the AC. Get a 15K BTU so it'll frost my bawls. Old trailer needs a complete rewire with new breaker box. She's barely hanging on.

Just got email from FedEx. They never acknowledged it was lost but are extremely proud it's been found!🤪 It's due for delivery sometime this afternoon. Gonna send it back. Let the old rumbling AC run until smoke comes out. Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart all have them in stock 15 minutes away.

Spent all day obsessing about the AC and missed this. 200 bucks. Cost 500ish to get moved but kehrist.

Attachments

• IMG_20230708_191615839.jpg
    IMG_20230708_191615839.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 55
Shed is currently still available but I can't drive at night. Well? I CAN, just choose not to. Glare is a huge issue. Plus don't trust people enough to go meet in the dark. Not terribly wise. Probably should take somebody with me is they contact me in the morning saying still available. About 1.5 hour trip on way.

Missed out on the shed. Whaàaaaa!😂 Got my monies back from Amazon though. Waiting for them to decide maybe I do need to ship the AC back. Says you do not have to return item. If nothing happens by Thursday I'll do it just cause right thing to do. I HAVE made purchases from them where got wrong item and they said, just keep it. But talking about 20ish dollar stuff.

Been slightly obsessed with returning the AC. Seems Amazon isn't worried about it. If you do a general search asking how to return an item, takes you thru the steps. So far, doesn't seem to be an option for this purchase.

I need a return authorization. Guess I'll have to wait for them to decide they want the 400+ dollar item back. Problem is...I have no patience. How we got to this point! <wink>

I've returned few things over the years. Tab I need doesn't seem to exist for this purchase. Not very comfortable keeping something I didn't pay for. Think this happened once before. Eventually found the solution.

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_093408616.jpg
    IMG_20230711_093408616.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
Otay Buckwheat...we have progress on the shed extension. 50 bucks for 13 of these. Pulled trim off corners and need to trim off lower 6ish inches of T111. Will attach floor to old shed. Considering buying a track saw since I can't cut a straight line with regular circular saw.

Attachments

• IMG_20230712_115451053_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230712_115451053_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20230712_115440137_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230712_115440137_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20230712_115428924.jpg
    IMG_20230712_115428924.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230712_115418508_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230712_115418508_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 55
Watched a ton of homebuilt saw guides being constructed on the u-Toobzzz. Always starts with guy using "lumber leftover from another project" which is $80 foot exotic stuff that first gets run thru the planer, then on their 12 foot X 12 foot table saw. After 85 hours of polishing/sanding/treating with 14 different chemicals, again, stuff left over from...

Everything they use is leftover from another project. They just happen to have 300K dollars worth of tooling to build something they could buy for 100 bucks. But I guess then they wouldn't have any content for their U-Toobzzz channel.

I'd rather spend 200ish bucks on a cheap saw & track, get my hourish of use out of it, then let somebody else decide what to do with it after I expire.

Still trying to get return authorization for the AC. I swear had something similar happen before and found a way. It's not going anywhere though. Covered on the porch unopened. Original AC is happily still humming along. Think it must have been freezing up. I should have remembered how that sounds. Whoops!

I'll wait to next month to start assembling lumber & more tools. Looking for maybe part of a roll of house wrap. maybe steel roofing or shingles and stuff like that. Only adding 10ish foot to length but would like to have something to kinda dry it in if find I can't stand a wall up with sheeting on walls. May have to sheet it standing up which is sometimes worse I believe. Hard to handle a 4x8 sheet while keeping nail gun within reach by yourself. At least for an old guy. Will build floor, then barn type rafters (10 or 11), then the 3 walls. Really tempted to go 12 foot length. Never have too much room.

Have the option, if wait till fall, Oct or so, just save some money up, buy a rent-to-own 10x16 with barn roof and slide it up against the old shed. Once paid for, officially join them. A new shed is around 4K though. Think can build for well under 1500 even after purchasing some tools probably don't need.

Decisions, decisions.

Interesting how scuzzy the finish on the sides appears in pictures. Gave it really good scrubbing when I set it up. Probably due for another scrubbing and, after repairing lower foot, some paint on the siding.

Maybe 1/2 price? Damn thing is starting to itch like crazy.

I was tempted to go to Veterinarians office and get their largest dog cone to wear to Doc visit tomorrow. He seemed to have a good sense of humor. About 20 nurses/docs asked what we were doing today and which eye, name & birth date. Think Aunty tipped them off that the cheese has slid off my cracker.

It ain't so. Never had the cheese.

What happened?
Cataract surgery. I'm home trying to figure out how to see to type. Took left lens out of glasses...nope. Appears will be doing whole lot less posting.

Aunty will be thrilled.

For a month until get other eye fixed. Will definitely still need glasses/contacts. Vision situation has switched. Now can't see anything closer than 7 feet. For 60 years could only see what was 6" from my nose. Right eye is completely junk. Next month!

Cataract surgery. I'm home trying to figure out how to see to type. Took left lens out of glasses...nope. Appears will be doing whole lot less posting.

Aunty will be thrilled.

For a month until get other eye fixed. Will definitely still need glasses/contacts. Vision situation has switched. Now can't see anything closer than 7 feet. For 60 years could only see what was 6" from my nose. Right eye is completely junk. Next month!
Hope it all works out for you and you're vision improves immensely.

Hope it all works out for you and you're vision improves immensely.
Main thing that's different is depth perception. My mobile home is 12 foot wide. Recliner about 18" from wall to where your back contacts chair. 55" TV is on wall mount which is extended 18". So if my maths is/are/was/were correct...about 9 feet from eyeballs to TV. With 1/2 pair glasses on, only one lens, switching eyes changes size/distance to TV. Perception is it moves foot or so closer and goes from say 43" size to 55" with new eye.

Has a similar effect when you go to the bathroom...EVERYTHING looks larger. Almost couldn't fit my head thru the door. I KNOW nothing has changed but my brain is still working it all out. Left eye is insanely clear though from maybe 4ish feet on.

I've had glasses before that screwed with my depth perception and made me goose step. Ground looked like you were walking on a carpet that was rolling out right in front of your foot. Made my hand look almost 1/2 it's size when reaching out to turn a bolt. Was completely FUBAR. Didn't realize ALL my glasses were doing it. Just a result of the lens being positioned away from the eye i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom